Time to call it a day.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
yoda said:
I have been searching and I am sorry if I have bumped this thread and it's not suitable. Is there a 'Pickup,' collecting thread? I could only find this regarding losing the collecting Star Wars bug. I am going through this stage myself at the moment. Nothing serious just considering selling everything I have bought over the last few years. I will never sell my childhood figures and ships but I feel the buzz slipping.

Does anyone else ever feel like selling their own personal collection (not for financial gain) thegave built up?

I sold a extensive collection 14 years ago with many rare Palitoy items (30 Back Fett & IG88) and Kenner (Vlix, Telescopic Ben,Vader & Luke) plus many others. I did not regret it as I put the money to good use and started a property investment company which I still have today. Although I did not regret the sale I did miss the collection so decided to start re-collecting last year. Thankfully I have been able to re-buy everything I want except the 30 Back Fett.

If I were you I would not sell anything rare or anything that would be difficult to replace without properly thinking it through which includes discussing it with those closest to you. Then try to imagine how you would feel not owning that piece anymore. If you do not currently display your items then maybe this is something you should do as for me seeing my collection was much more enjoyable than storing them in cardboard boxes. I think the most important question you have to ask yourself is will I feel better or worse when it is gone.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
The deciding factor is why you collected in the first place, think about that and get back to that reasoning, if you have been
Drawn in to collecting past what you wanted in the first place, then has it become more of a case of something going a bit out of control and habit forming.

As others have said, if you let things go then don't look back as life is too short, put the cash towards something that makes you and yours smile again, and remember if you sell on to a collector you are making that person smile and giving them some joy so your onto a winner all roun, spreading the SW love :D

The very best of luck whatever you decide, no regrets just look forwards :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
didnt collect for years, arrived here a few years ago, looking to sell what i had, some wise words from the guys and now i have built up a collection that takes me right back to my childhood which makes me smile every time i walk in the room.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom