SWFUK Annual Statistics

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pleased to see the forum is in good health. I still prefer it to Facebook. Appreciate the work you and the mods do Edd.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Taffius said:
Always unsure of the bots and what they are scavenging but without them you wouldnt get the stats I suppose.

The bots scrape websites for search engine results. Without them, there would be no links in Google etc.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
grinchy said:
Very interesting, glad the forum is still doing well, another desktop user here, I can use my mobile to access the board but its better for my eyes on the bigger screen, that's what I get for being an old fart :D

Same here old fart with glasses need a big screen, good to hear the forum is still going strong, must admit this is the only place I really go now to get my vintage sw fix, cheers Edd and the rest for all your hard work :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really interesting Edd, thanks for posting up. I suspect the slight reduction seen in the last year has actually been seen across all formats, FB included. Even the bigger groups show a far more noticeable reduction in activity than this place does.

And regardless of stats, I consider this place Home.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
I was just looking through the forum's analytics statistics and thought I'd share a few numbers from the last 12 months for anybody interested. The fall of forums in favour of Facebook has been quite a hot topic for a few years now but not many people publish numbers.

Firstly traffic, as you can see over the last year there's been a slight fall in daily visitors, but not too much. The forum actually has more traffic now than it did when I first started collecting data in 2013, so it's nothing to worry about. We're currently looking at about 400 daily visits.

hits.png

Next up, devices. No doubt mobile phones have contributed to the popularity of Facebook, and as you can see here with almost half of users now accessing the forum via their phone you can see why some forums which are not mobile friendly have taken a hit. There are still a lot of desktop users though so it proves many people still prefer the big screen.

devices.png

And finally location. Although we are called "SWFUK" in fact only half of us are British. We have a large amount of American members, and a fairly global user base.

countries.png

If people are interested, I will try and remember to make a post like this annually :)

Thanks for sharing Edd

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Good info Edd & pleased to see the forum prospering. Desktop user here (majority of time); oggling star wars figures instead of working hard :lol:

Used to frequent RS regularly, which is now a shadow of former self. I think the dedication and interest of the person at the top has a lot to do with the continued popularity of SWFUK.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Interesting to see/read that info
I do think all platforms are dropping slightly though, I see Simon says similar above. The sales/auctions etc. on FB seem to have slowed in the past 6 months anyway, certainly of the better and more interesting things we were seeing on mass only 12 months before that... could be though that the FB groups have diversified again and again in that time, so the same sales happening across many more groups, making the largest groups seem quieter...
Anyway, SWF.uk is still healthy and that's a big tick from me.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just thought I'd bump this thread with the latest annual stats. Looks like a slight decline year on year, but still regularly getting over 300 visitors per day. It looks like roughly 17% of those are returning visitors (ie members) so that equals about 50 'regulars' using the forum every day.

Can anyone guess what the big spike in March was? I can't remember anything happening that might have caused it (usually some kind of scandal!)

2018-2019-stats.png

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for posting these stats Edd. Very interesting viewing.

Thank you too for all your hard work, dedication and expense in running and maintaining this wonderful forum. It really is a terrific place to visit and participate in, and I for one love coming here and reading the posts, adding a few replies and starting the odd thread of my own. It's an invaluable resource of knowledge, a friendly place to chat and learn new things and see wonderful images of members' collections and new acquisitions. It's a great place to buy and sell items and the members are overwhelmingly a brilliant, friendly and helpful bunch, all passionate about vintage Star Wars toys :-D

I'd miss it terribly if it was to ever stop, so I can only thank you once again for your sterling efforts in keeping it running.

Jeremy

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Stats look good as ever Edd

I can only echo what Jeremy has posted.

This forum is a little oasis in the SW collecting world I visit the forum most days and enjoy the banter and interesting posts
There is always something to learn, and to be a part of something with like minded collectors is a cut above all of the other Social media areas that I simply don't use.
The feel of the forum has always been friendly and safe and is something I am glad to be able to visit regularly.

Thanks so much for the trouble and expense you go to to provide this service for all of us that use it, if it was not here I would be lost!

Long may the forum continue, fantastic work Edd

BR

Mike

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Stats look good as ever Edd

I can only echo what Jeremy has posted.

This forum is a little oasis in the SW collecting world I visit the forum most days and enjoy the banter and interesting posts
There is always something to learn, and to be a part of something with like minded collectors is a cut above all of the other Social media areas that I simply don't use.
The feel of the forum has always been friendly and safe and is something I am glad to be able to visit regularly.

Thanks so much for the trouble and expense you go to to provide this service for all of us that use it, if it was not here I would be lost!

Long may the forum continue, fantastic work Edd

BR

Mike

Jeremy and Michael, those comments about the forum are spot on. I love posting and chipping in with the odd congratulations and enjoy the banter within the forum. Looking at people's collections and latest purchases is the highlight of the forum :D

Thanks Edd for the dedication to the Star Wars community and long may it last 8)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Agree with all the sentiments above. I love this place! The hard work you put in is amazing, Edd, not to mention the costs. We all really appreciate it! I've been back on FB recently and it just doesn't compare in any way, shape or form. The wealth of knowledge both current and archival is immense on here and there are so many top people on here, who are so helpful.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Certainly interesting to see, thanks Edd. Suprising how many none members visit the forum.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just to echo the posts above, it's thanks to you that this Forum exists in this day and age.
I applaud your commitment, energy and financial input to this wonderful site.
Interesting that there is a "core" of 50 members that check in every day and that there are 250 non members that also check in on a regular basis.

coomber75

Sith Lord
have to agree, i get my nightly fix just to see whats going on in the nicer side of sw collecting

TK-7785

Jedi Master
As others have said, thanks for all your hard work, Edd. It's very much appreciated and this place is much more friendly, easy to navigate and devoid of all the social media shite and cliquishness that's so prevalent on FB. Long live SWFUK! :)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Still the only place I really go to get the vintage sw fix apart from the excellent pod casts, don't know what I would do to get through the day if I couldn't have a sneaky log in at work, thanks again Edd , some of the old faces seem to have been missing recently hopefully to return and new bloods always a good thing, but I have always been impressed by the genuinely nice people on the forum, and the good banter. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom