Header image

General Grumbling

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: General Grumbling

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Tue May 01, 2018 9:53 am

yoda wrote:
Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I am forever grumbling about the lack of MOC Palitoy Logo'd stuff to buy, it doesn't get me anywhere but sometimes I feel the need to moan about it.

I remember your posts about trying to complete your collection. Out of curiosity did you stop and sell up? Or are you still holding out? From what I remember you were going well. If you still have them it must be a great collection. I mean of all that you did manage to get in time you were at it.

I had a few wobbles last year and contemplated selling up firstly because I spent so much and was feeling guilty and secondly because my father was very ill. I decided not to sell as I realised some of the pieces I had would be irreplaceable and I didn't need the money for anything else. I think the big turning point for me was when I decided to display my collection (currently only Palitoy Logo'd Debut figures 12-45A, I currently have 48 out of the 49 figures). I really want to expand my display to include non debut Palitoy Logo'd figures as I have quite a few non debut 41/45A figures that I currently don't display.

Collecting last year was expensive but fruitful as I managed to acquire all the Palitoy 12 backs (excluding variations), all the 20 backs, Nineteen 30 Backs (just need the Fett), Seventeen 41 backs and Eighteen 45A backs.

Collecting this year has been frustrating as I have only managed to buy one 41 back and one 45A back. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to buy another collection, individual pieces or something will turn up on Vectis.
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby apack7229 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 pm

I hate it when you ask the seller to pack your stuff well and they tell you the will only for them to throw it in a bag and damage the corners. :x
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

TrooperWill
Regular
Regular

Postby TrooperWill » Thu May 10, 2018 2:31 pm

I hate it when you ask the seller to pack your stuff well and they tell you the will only for them to throw it in a bag and damage the corners.

what was it? still sickened by the photos online of MOC crushed and folded in jiffy bags :shock:
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item

apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby apack7229 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:57 pm

It was a bunch of vintage magazines. Not much damage but could have been avoided if he packed them like he said.

apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby apack7229 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Happened to me again. :x I bought some unopened valentines cards and asked the guy to pack it carefully which he said “absolutely”. Then I get them in today just wrapped in brown paper and at least one corner is crushed.

Here’s in the listing photo:
F6D44B37-4B2E-4769-A327-AF559347B579.png
F6D44B37-4B2E-4769-A327-AF559347B579.png (531.75 KiB) Viewed 218 times

Here’s what I have:
211FE268-DC9B-4945-9B75-0F06A04D021A.jpeg
211FE268-DC9B-4945-9B75-0F06A04D021A.jpeg (224.86 KiB) Viewed 218 times

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Nothing pisses me off more than buying something that is pristine and it get damaged in transit by shitty packaging.

I bought some Hot Wheels last week and the store assistant picked one of them up by the bubble and creased it, you might say it's only a £1 Hot Wheels, but it's the principle of it. If I buy something whatever price it may be, I expect it to be damage free :x

And if the store assistant wasn't accomodating in my reasonable request to exchange said damaged Hot Wheel, then I would slap him about a bit and say OI, DISCOUNT STORE STORE ASSISTANT. ...NO YOU MAY NOT FOB ME OFF WITH SAID BUBBLE DAMAGED GOODS AS I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT :x :x :x :x

then I would get one more slap in to make sure he got the message :x

harry_enfield_and_chums.jpg
harry_enfield_and_chums.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 217 times
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby apack7229 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Exactly it doesn’t matter how much you spend it’s the principle of it that if you buy something in that condition it should arrive the same way. I messaged him which he wouldn’t take responsibility and threatened me that is I leave a negative then he’ll leave one back. Now he’s told me to get a life. :lol: calling eBay up in a little bit to report this asshole.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Just claim for damaged goods. They clearly arent in the condition he advertised.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm

apack7229 wrote:Exactly it doesn’t matter how much you spend it’s the principle of it that if you buy something in that condition it should arrive the same way. I messaged him which he wouldn’t take responsibility and threatened me that is I leave a negative then he’ll leave one back. Now he’s told me to get a life. :lol: calling eBay up in a little bit to report this asshole.

If he's made that threat through ebay messaging then he's a very silly boy.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu May 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Wish him luck time travelling back to 2013 to leave that negative feedback for a buyer!

lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lee gray » Thu May 24, 2018 4:39 pm

There are some people who like grading and some who hate it. what i hate is everytime theres some sort of grading discussion, you will always get those people who cant resist calling someone a moron for having graded items and try to bellittle them, yet u never hear a pro grade person call a grade hater a moron so maybe the pro graders are better people lol. People should be able to collect how they like.

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 pm

lee gray wrote:There are some people who like grading and some who hate it. what i hate is everytime theres some sort of grading discussion, you will always get those people who cant resist calling someone a moron for having graded items and try to bellittle them, yet u never hear a pro grade person call a grade hater a moron so maybe the pro graders are better people lol. People should be able to collect how they like.

I agree, you should be able to collect how you like, some people are privileged to be able to afford MOC figures, some graded. I personally prefer loose figures and whatever else catches my eye or I am interested in. Star Wars Hot wheels are a favourite of mine.

Each to their own that's what I say 8)
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Thu May 24, 2018 8:22 pm

indianawars wrote:I cannot stand people that try to profit from postage costs... especially overseas.

I miss pete gowdy...........
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lee gray » Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
indianawars wrote:I cannot stand people that try to profit from postage costs... especially overseas.

I miss pete gowdy...........

its like those who try to sell on fb groups for ebay prices and also want you to pay the 4 percent paypal fees when its not even 4 percent. just price the item a bit higher so u dont look like u r a greedy bugger

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 pm

lee gray wrote:There are some people who like grading and some who hate it. what i hate is everytime theres some sort of grading discussion, you will always get those people who cant resist calling someone a moron for having graded items and try to bellittle them, yet u never hear a pro grade person call a grade hater a moron so maybe the pro graders are better people lol. People should be able to collect how they like.

He's alive!! And still grumpy! :lol:

Mr-shifter wrote:I miss pete gowdy...........

Meh, we have too many Spurs fans on here already lol.
Nah, I agree, come back Pete. 8)
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”