General Grumbling

TrooperWill

Padawan
That's usually when I request to cancel the sale and it gives the seller a boot up the arse :lol:

I know it's right that if something is not mentioned in the description then not to expect it, but when it comes to postage if I order 5 different items each with say £2 postage and the seller is sticking to demanding £10 when it really still costs £2 to send them all, then postage should be combined out of courtesy anyway

Had that not long ago, found an eBay multi listing with loads of army builders fairly cheap, Stormys, Hoth Troopers and Jabbas goons for a couple of display dioramas I was planning, figures were anywhere from 2.50- 4.00 pounds each, but the postage was 3.50 per figure, so after ten or fifteen figures the postage costs were higher than the costs of the figures. the seller clearly stated he did NOT combine postage so he cost himself a fairly decent sale.

Only want some goons to bulk out the sail skiff and Jabbas palace, but I'm buggered if I'm going to pay 45 quid for him to chuck them in a large jiffy bag!

subzero

Sith Lord
TrooperWill said:
That's usually when I request to cancel the sale and it gives the seller a boot up the arse :lol:

I know it's right that if something is not mentioned in the description then not to expect it, but when it comes to postage if I order 5 different items each with say £2 postage and the seller is sticking to demanding £10 when it really still costs £2 to send them all, then postage should be combined out of courtesy anyway

Had that not long ago, found an eBay multi listing with loads of army builders fairly cheap, Stormys, Hoth Troopers and Jabbas goons for a couple of display dioramas I was planning, figures were anywhere from 2.50- 4.00 pounds each, but the postage was 3.50 per figure, so after ten or fifteen figures the postage costs were higher than the costs of the figures. the seller clearly stated he did NOT combine postage so he cost himself a fairly decent sale.

Only want some goons to bulk out the sail skiff and Jabbas palace, but I'm buggered if I'm going to pay 45 quid for him to chuck them in a large jiffy bag!

It's ridiculous, the seller is still going to get the same amount of money if he sells them individually to multiple buyers with postage, or if he sells them as a single lot with discounted postage. So he really has done himself in by trying to be greedy.

TrooperWill

Padawan
It's ridiculous, the seller is still going to get the same amount of money if he sells them individually to multiple buyers with postage, or if he sells them as a single lot with discounted postage. So he really has done himself in by trying to be greedy.

I know right, its the same as what Ed commented up above, its greed driving these ridiculous prices on Facebook and eBay along with Daily Mail articles telling everyone that if the sell their old collection they will never have to work again. They really don't like it when the bubble bursts and they realise that a naked, weaponless Darth Vader is not going to buy them their dream car. :x

Stupid, greedy prices are currently boiling my piss. See the Facebook thread in off topic

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Or you could pay it and then claim it back off ebay when it arrives in a jiffy bag with £2.50 stamped on it. They don't tend to like people taking the piss with postage

TrooperWill

Padawan
Or you could pay it and then claim it back off ebay when it arrives in a jiffy bag with £2.50 stamped on it. They don't tend to like people taking the piss with postage

must admit I didn't know that was an option, id love to have stuck it to the greedy bastard!

TrooperWill

Padawan
Also, What the hell is up with the cloud car toy? considering that we missed out on some great toys that were prototypes or just never made, how did the cloud car make it to release, it literally does nothing, in toy form or in the film. Must admit I would have been really disappointed if I had been given it as an xmas gift and opened it to find its main selling feature is that it has opening cockpits!

(I have long suspected that in the planning stage of the film, the cloud car was planned to do a bit more, such as shoot down some tie fighters during Lando's rebellion and evacuation. toys are normally planned from these pre production plans, so the toys are ready to ship at the films release, hence Lego releasing toys that don't appear in the finished cut.) I'm sure someone on here will know a great deal more about it and can confirm or deny.

jayums

Jedi Master
Re postage costs / eBay ... to play devil's advocate for a sellers point of view , i don't always quite know the cost of postage until I get to the post office and they decide whether it goes through the slot thing-y (very often depending on what mood they are in / how hard they try) so I charge 4 quid per figure (first class signed is 4.44) so after eBay takes their cut, I gain on a few where they squeeze through as a large stamp, and lose out a bit on the fatties. Also always combine postage.

Would have been happy to refund the diff to anybody was thaaat miffed on a recent sale of mine, but have got snarky feedback from one buyer as I overcharged them. So all I would say is, just contact sellers to iron out issues before going for the feedback button, because they might actually agree with you and refund (That's my grumble!!)

That said, when buying, I guess I just factor in cost of postage to the total of whatever I bid for the item, so it has never bothered me too much so long as it arrives well packed and via type of postage stated.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TrooperWill said:
Also, What the hell is up with the cloud car toy? considering that we missed out on some great toys that were prototypes or just never made, how did the cloud car make it to release, it literally does nothing, in toy form or in the film. Must admit I would have been really disappointed if I had been given it as an xmas gift and opened it to find its main selling feature is that it has opening cockpits!

(I have long suspected that in the planning stage of the film, the cloud car was planned to do a bit more, such as shoot down some tie fighters during Lando's rebellion and evacuation. toys are normally planned from these pre production plans, so the toys are ready to ship at the films release, hence Lego releasing toys that don't appear in the finished cut.) I'm sure someone on here will know a great deal more about it and can confirm or deny.
I must admit, even as a child that excitedly bought a brand new Palitoy Twin-Pod Cloud Car from Ware Toy Shop in Hertfordshire circa 1980-1, and then rushed home to open it, when I discovered that it basically did bugger all and didn't come with any figures either, I was pretty disappointed! And add to that the fact that the box art showed a Bespin Security Guard and Luke Bespin sitting in the cockpits as the thing sat on a bed of snow, and my childhood sensibilities were deeply offended by the wild inaccuracy as well! :-D

It may not have been the easiest toy to love as a child, and it won't be many people's favourite toy today, and yet these days I'd never be without one in my collection!

yoda

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I am forever grumbling about the lack of MOC Palitoy Logo'd stuff to buy, it doesn't get me anywhere but sometimes I feel the need to moan about it.

I remember your posts about trying to complete your collection. Out of curiosity did you stop and sell up? Or are you still holding out? From what I remember you were going well. If you still have them it must be a great collection. I mean of all that you did manage to get in time you were at it.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
yoda said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I am forever grumbling about the lack of MOC Palitoy Logo'd stuff to buy, it doesn't get me anywhere but sometimes I feel the need to moan about it.

I remember your posts about trying to complete your collection. Out of curiosity did you stop and sell up? Or are you still holding out? From what I remember you were going well. If you still have them it must be a great collection. I mean of all that you did manage to get in time you were at it.

I had a few wobbles last year and contemplated selling up firstly because I spent so much and was feeling guilty and secondly because my father was very ill. I decided not to sell as I realised some of the pieces I had would be irreplaceable and I didn't need the money for anything else. I think the big turning point for me was when I decided to display my collection (currently only Palitoy Logo'd Debut figures 12-45A, I currently have 48 out of the 49 figures). I really want to expand my display to include non debut Palitoy Logo'd figures as I have quite a few non debut 41/45A figures that I currently don't display.

Collecting last year was expensive but fruitful as I managed to acquire all the Palitoy 12 backs (excluding variations), all the 20 backs, Nineteen 30 Backs (just need the Fett), Seventeen 41 backs and Eighteen 45A backs.

Collecting this year has been frustrating as I have only managed to buy one 41 back and one 45A back. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to buy another collection, individual pieces or something will turn up on Vectis.

apack7229

Sith Lord
I hate it when you ask the seller to pack your stuff well and they tell you the will only for them to throw it in a bag and damage the corners. :x

TrooperWill

Padawan
I hate it when you ask the seller to pack your stuff well and they tell you the will only for them to throw it in a bag and damage the corners.

what was it? still sickened by the photos online of MOC crushed and folded in jiffy bags :shock:

apack7229

Sith Lord
Happened to me again. :x I bought some unopened valentines cards and asked the guy to pack it carefully which he said "absolutely". Then I get them in today just wrapped in brown paper and at least one corner is crushed.

Here's in the listing photo:
F6D44B37-4B2E-4769-A327-AF559347B579.png

Here's what I have:
211FE268-DC9B-4945-9B75-0F06A04D021A.jpeg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nothing pisses me off more than buying something that is pristine and it get damaged in transit by shitty packaging.

I bought some Hot Wheels last week and the store assistant picked one of them up by the bubble and creased it, you might say it's only a £1 Hot Wheels, but it's the principle of it. If I buy something whatever price it may be, I expect it to be damage free :x

And if the store assistant wasn't accomodating in my reasonable request to exchange said damaged Hot Wheel, then I would slap him about a bit and say OI, DISCOUNT STORE STORE ASSISTANT. ...NO YOU MAY NOT FOB ME OFF WITH SAID BUBBLE DAMAGED GOODS AS I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT :x :x :x :x

then I would get one more slap in to make sure he got the message :x

harry_enfield_and_chums.jpg

apack7229

Sith Lord
Exactly it doesn't matter how much you spend it's the principle of it that if you buy something in that condition it should arrive the same way. I messaged him which he wouldn't take responsibility and threatened me that is I leave a negative then he'll leave one back. Now he's told me to get a life. :lol: calling eBay up in a little bit to report this asshole.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
Exactly it doesn't matter how much you spend it's the principle of it that if you buy something in that condition it should arrive the same way. I messaged him which he wouldn't take responsibility and threatened me that is I leave a negative then he'll leave one back. Now he's told me to get a life. :lol: calling eBay up in a little bit to report this asshole.
If he's made that threat through ebay messaging then he's a very silly boy.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wish him luck time travelling back to 2013 to leave that negative feedback for a buyer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom