Latest Acquisitions

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
BruceW said:
After months of not buying much at all, I finally pulled the trigger on a Princess Leia Organa Kenner 12 B back. I've had the Kenner 12 A and C for a while, but I had been dragging my feet on this one. It's not that noticeable of a variation except for the text on the back, but being a focus collector, that never stopped me before, so I guess I had to buy it sooner or later. :D Slightly curved card back with mild creasing on the corner, but the bubble is very nice.
12Bfront.jpg

12Bback.jpg

Popped into a GW acrylic case, it flattens the card and really makes it look better.

12BfrontCase.jpg
You have a 12A, B and a C!
Now I would love to see those?
Congratulations

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
A couple more additions to my trilogo bubble Palitoy run

0E5C17B1-E498-4122-B567-D91A160991E2.jpeg
Lovely cards Edd, with amazing bubbles.
As already said, you do pick up some amazing cards!
I wish I had your contacts.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Latest piece for me... just the base but makes a nice display item. Never realised how big these things are so won't be getting the other parts...lol.

20180528_122359.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:
As already said, you do pick up some amazing cards!
I wish I had your contacts.

Thanks! both of these came from forum members, no inner circle business :)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Something I'd not seen until I picked it up at the Sandown Toy Fair this weekend.

It's an Icarus store window poster they were given when they sold the placemats.

20180529_071253.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
Something I'd not seen until I picked it up at the Sandown Toy Fair this weekend.

It's an Icarus store window poster they were given when they sold the placemats.

20180529_071253.jpg

Very nice poster.

Since there's Luke, Han and Chewie and even Vader missing i'm guessing there's more than one of these that were made?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
robpmarsh said:

20180529_071253.jpg

Very nice poster.

Since there's Luke, Han and Chewie and even Vader missing i'm guessing there's more than one of these that were made?
Yes, it is a nice piece.

Rob, you may be right about these being intended to be posters, however when I bought mine (as new, back in ~1984), the shop had loads of both this one and also the other design that I am aware of (so you are also correct, Richard! :)), which features Vader, Luke and some Royal Guards. They had plenty of these 'blue' laminated posters (if that's what they are) for sale alongside the more well known Icarus placemats. I have always assumed they were simply a different kind of placemat, but then again, they are more floppy than the definite placemats, so as I say, perhaps you are right and they were really meant to be laminated posters!

Anyway, I bought one of each 'blue', plus several of the large placemats (the approx. 12 x 18" ones; I wasn't even aware they did smaller 10.5 x 8.5" versions until this year!). I never used them, and simply stored them away, however a couple of years ago, I posted pictures of all of mine in a post here if you're interested in seeing them: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29936 :)

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
P-R-E-T-T-Y Stoked to add this to my focus recently. In superb condition too.

Attachments

• ESB DV Case 32bk (SO Bounty Hunters) Front.jpg
    ESB DV Case 32bk (SO Bounty Hunters) Front.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,047

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
darth_daddius said:
I bet you are!
I've never seen a complete one, congratulations.

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
darth_daddius said:

That is a truly great piece Pat.
I don't usually go for baggies due to my uncertainty with pieces, pretty much like how i feel about autographs, but when they are part of these cases or playsets then that is when they come into their own.
The only ones i own are a few ESB and ROTJ mail aways plus my jawa in the Palitoy Land of the Jawas.

Kudos to that piece 8)
Paul

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nipped out this lunchtime and went to see a bloke I know that has a collectables shop in the town and treated myself to this figure for my Endor theme 8)
20180531_135919.jpg

2 Quid......Bargain :D

stormcab

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
So I thought I'd share my last few purchases as won't be putting anything up for a while.

The first is the ESB Power Droid 31bk which was literally the last purchase. Sticker/paper residue removed and flattened (thanks Edd). Crystal clear bubble in near mint shape. Really chuffed with it.

ESB Power Droid.jpg

The second was one I had the first time round collecting. Tri-logo Imperial Gunner. The first one I had there were two guns in the bubble. Only one this time round but in near mint condition, especially the bubble.

The third and fourth were again ones I had the first time round and needed them for my small R2 focus. Harbert R2 12bk and Tri-logo Pop-up R2. The Pop-up R2 goes well with the miscard Pop-up I got a while back too.

I saved the best for last which is one I have been after for a while. Aiming to get back my loose Jawa collection so this was a great start. Managed to get a Toltoys VC Jawa and as luck would have it shortly after I managed to not only get the right cardback (41bk E) for it but unpunched near mint card and the bubble was still half attached to the card as I could only just get the Jawa back in. Original footer too. (There is a clear plastic strip which is holding the Jawa's cape in shape for a while)

Holy smokes dude, that's one cracking line up of new MOCs :eek:

tigerham

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
tigerham said:
So I thought I'd share my last few purchases as won't be putting anything up for a while.

The first is the ESB Power Droid 31bk which was literally the last purchase. Sticker/paper residue removed and flattened (thanks Edd). Crystal clear bubble in near mint shape. Really chuffed with it.

ESB Power Droid.jpg

The second was one I had the first time round collecting. Tri-logo Imperial Gunner. The first one I had there were two guns in the bubble. Only one this time round but in near mint condition, especially the bubble.

The third and fourth were again ones I had the first time round and needed them for my small R2 focus. Harbert R2 12bk and Tri-logo Pop-up R2. The Pop-up R2 goes well with the miscard Pop-up I got a while back too.

I saved the best for last which is one I have been after for a while. Aiming to get back my loose Jawa collection so this was a great start. Managed to get a Toltoys VC Jawa and as luck would have it shortly after I managed to not only get the right cardback (41bk E) for it but unpunched near mint card and the bubble was still half attached to the card as I could only just get the Jawa back in. Original footer too. (There is a clear plastic strip which is holding the Jawa's cape in shape for a while)

Holy smokes dude, that's one cracking line up of new MOCs :eek:

Lol, I was wondering why I was getting a notice of a recent aquaitions as not had one for a while. Thank you, really chuffed with them. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom