Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi Warf

Welcome 8)

Nice collection of figures, the display case looks amazing.

Russ :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Hi Warf,

Newbie here too. Great to hear your story and welcome.

Re: Graded. I have noticed since being here that graders can make mistakes too so it is not the gurarantee that I initially expected.
A nice figure in an acrylic case is just as satisfying I think. :D

Enjoy! Taff

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Thought it about time i re-introduced myself.
Haven't been on since last year due to a mid life crisis :D
Was last on as PulsarP but Edd has managed to find my original account so hi guys!

Recently met Gaz after all these years and spoken to John and Andy so I'll stick around and try and contribute.

Regards
Paul

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palpatine said:
image.jpgHi everyone
I signed up to the forum a while back and have found the information on the site to be great. Have finally got round to saying hi! Not very good at this stuff so if I have posted in wrong place or hijacked the wrong thread then apologies!
I've been collecting over the last 4 years again having bought a large collection when 18 years old (having a strong memory of all my loose figures going at a car boot sale for £5 in the 80s)!
Hate: repro and scams
Love: honest sellers and buyers
So far got the bug for loose complete figures but think of going graded due to repro! Have bought kids most of the 90s ships to play with along with the beaters!
Would attach photos of collection but like I say... not the best at technology!
Name: Warf
Single/Married: Married
Residence: South east
Kids: 2
Pets: tortoise
Collecting Focus: Vintage loose in nice condition.
Character Focus: Depends on the week

Collecting interest:
Like most of you no doubt....brings back great childhood memories and can now share these with my own kids!

Looking For: scam free dealings and authentic items!!

Thanks
Warf

Hi Warf, welcome to the forum. Looks like on the photo that you are a variant collector ? :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pulsar said:
Thought it about time i re-introduced myself.
Haven't been on since last year due to a mid life crisis :D
Was last on as PulsarP but Edd has managed to find my original account so hi guys!

Recently met Gaz after all these years and spoken to John and Andy so I'll stick around and try and contribute.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul welcome back to the forum :wink:

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Welcome Paul

Also, hi Pomse.... yes..... I guess I am becoming a variant collector.....

I guess you're never sure which direction the collecting bug takes you next......

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palpatine said:
Welcome Paul

Also, hi Pomse.... yes..... I guess I am becoming a variant collector.....

I guess you're never sure which direction the collecting bug takes you next......

I am also a variant collector, nice to have another variant collector on the forum :wink:

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the welcome guys.
I've missed browsing these forums in all honesty.
I've only just kicked Gaz S and Andy C out of my house so time for a cuppa and another look at some of your collections 8)

Paul

Pabs1977

Padawan
Hi everyone - I've been a regular visitor to SWF.UK for a while but I haven't got round to a who's who post until now. Better late than never I suppose!

My story is very similar to many others on here - I loved the toys as a kid and now I'm a bit older (though still a kid at heart) I've got into collecting. Even when I was 7 or 8 years old I used to keep my eyes open at jumble sales and the like, but I'd also get vehicles and mini rigs for birthdays and Christmas (praise be to the Argos catalogue) and the odd carded figure here and there.

(I know I'm not the only one who wanted an AT-AT for Christmas but got a rebel transport...)

As I grew out of the toys I kept them packed away and I feel very fortunate to have nearly my entire childhood collection... except that damn pop up lightsaber and whatever other accessories that ended up down the back of the sofa! I kept all my old cardbacks too although they ended up being the only SW casualty of a parental clearout.

I remember getting a few trilgos (as I know them to be now) at the market some time in 1986-87. Two for 50 pence - figures I'd never seen before like Paploo, Romba, Han Carbonite and pop up R2. How times change.

I briefly started recollecting in the mid 90s - on a minuscule budget - and picked up a few loosies to fill some gaps in my collection. Anyone remember the old Star Wars Emporium in Norwich? (The first / second location, not the final one. A small cave of vintage.) After a long hiatus I dug out my old stuff and began collecting again in late 2016. Prices were a bit of a shocker but there are still bargains to be had out there with patience...

Likes: Finding missing parts to complete vehicles. Bargain beater MOCs. Anything first 12 / 20 if not horribly expensive. Having an AT-AT for the very first time in my late 30s!
Dislikes: U-grades. Repros, particularly the latest ones that are harder to spot. Early on I bought a bundle of repro accessories - 'for display', I thought - but they started to annoy me so I cut that out and now only have a few hidden away for reference.
Focus: I went a bit scattergun when I first returned to collecting (not uncommon) but I've completed my loose run (except for the black endor blasters and a pop up saber, which I don't think I can justify at current prices). I really enjoyed putting together a run of SW, ESB and ROTJ cardbacks - I keep them in 6x9" toploaders and they're great. I'm a bit more focused now and I'm slowly putting together a run of budget first 12s - either beater MOCs or reseals. I also have a bit of a Vader focus which I should showcase at some point.

I've found SWF.UK to be an absolute goldmine of information about the hobby. For anyone new to collecting, I'd highly recommend going through old threads and of course listening to the amazing podcast.

That's quite enough from me for now I think!

Cheers, Paul

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome Paul, great story!
Glad you like it here, join in and immerse your self in all things Star Wars! :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing your story, which was both interesting and hauntingly familiar in places! :lol:

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom