VINYL CAPED JAWA SCAM ON GUM TREE

Starwarsfan29

Padawan
Just a note that I have just been scammed on Gumtree for over a grand by someone pretending to see UKG graded Vinyl Jawa.
I stupidly got suckered in and sent money direct...... he sent me a empty box!

Anyway it turns out that this Jawa was sold on eBay in late March so he obviously used the pics and put on gumtree.

Just wanted to warn people and have attached the pic with the UKG serial number.

The guy used the name Kris Killeen, he is called Shane on Gumtree . Postcode suggests Stanley in North West England. I would like to track the Jawa know as it adds proof I was scammed.

Thanks in advance
2C174C05-20E4-468D-9B16-B5D195AA5A6F.jpeg
5E0C3661-EA9D-40CC-8377-84297536C978.jpeg

subzero

Sith Lord
Wow what a disgusting thing to do to someone, sorry to hear you had that happen to you.

Do you have any of his personal details?, ie real full name & address and/or bank details?

Starwarsfan29

Padawan
I have bank details which must be correct but just a postcode and name which could be fake.

I have reported to the Police but I'm not holding my breath.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Ring your bank and see if they can reverse / freeze payment. Sure they can do this if it was paid by card, despite it going through. They may also be able to reveal more details about where your money went. IE a real name.

Also where is Stanley?? What's the postcode??

There is only one Kris Killeen registered born in the whole country. Born Kris Winter Killeen 1982 Newcastle upon Tyne.

subzero

Sith Lord
Starwarsfan29 said:
Stupidly I paid by bank transfer so bank won't do anything. Would love to find his address.

Just found this for you, it shows the steps you need to take if scammed by bank transfer, there's a chance you can get your money back.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-your-money-back-after-a-scam

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
sorry to read you got scammed, I hope you get your money back.

I got scammed in denmark in early 2017 with bank transfer. The bank could not help me because it was a bank transfer. I contacted the police and I won the case in the courtroom. Unfortunately he did not have any money so I had to wait 6 months until I could ask for my money again :roll: after 6 months I asked the court for my money again and they tried to get the money from him, but he did still not have any money, so he got 6 months again to try to get my money :roll: Next week I can ask again for my money, something tells me that he still do not have any money :roll: I do not understand danish law, he must have something they can take from him and sell so I can get my money back. I hope not that uk law is as bad as danish law :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:

I got scammed in denmark in early 2017 with bank transfer. The bank could not help me because it was a bank transfer. I contacted the police and I won the case in the courtroom. Unfortunately he did not have any money so I had to wait 6 months until I could ask for my money again :roll: after 6 months I asked the court for my money again and they tried to get the money from him, but he did still not have any money, so he got 6 months again to try to get my money :roll: Next week I can ask again for my money, something tells me that he still do not have any money :roll: I do not understand danish law, he must have something they can take from him and sell so I can get my money back. I hope not that uk law is as bad as danish law :roll:

That's terrible that you've gone through all that process and won, but still don't have a payout, it seems maybe as if he knows they're repeatedly letting him off for apparently not having the money so he's playing the system and just keeps telling them he can't pay.

In the UK usually if you win in court but the defendant fails to pay up, then you can take it further and instruct bailiffs to go and collect the debt direct through seizing goods they own and selling them at auction to fund the money they owe you.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

That's terrible that you've gone through all that process and won, but still don't have a payout, it seems maybe as if he knows they're repeatedly letting him off for apparently not having the money so he's playing the system and just keeps telling them he can't pay.

In the UK usually if you win in court but the defendant fails to pay up, then you can take it further and instruct bailiffs to go and collect the debt direct through seizing goods they own and selling them at auction to fund the money they owe you.

Thanks, it is the bailiffs that they send out to try get my money back, but so far I have waited 1½ year to get my money back. I was also not the only one that was cheated. I heard from the police they knew him and he has been i jail many times for this. He steal pictures of everything on the internet, tv, dvd's, toy, furniture and then he put it all for sale, but he has nothing of it and then he steals the money when people pay him so he can mail it to them. When people ask about picking it up then he just say that the items are sold because then he can't steal the money :roll: When he do not have the money then he can with his lawyer ask for suspension of payment in 6 months :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks, it is the bailiffs that they send out to try get my money back, but so far I have waited 1½ year to get my money back. I was also not the only one that was cheated. I heard from the police they knew him and he has been i jail many times for this. He steal pictures of everything on the internet, tv, dvd's, toy, furniture and then he put it all for sale, but he has nothing of it and then he steals the money when people pay him so he can mail it to them. When people ask about picking it up then he just say that the items are sold because then he can't steal the money :roll: When he do not have the money then he can with his lawyer ask for suspension of payment in 6 months :roll:

That's terrible, sorry you got scammed, it sounds to me like he needs a good 15 years in prison to hopefully teach him a lesson, some people just don't learn.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

That's terrible, sorry you got scammed, it sounds to me like he needs a good 15 years in prison to hopefully teach him a lesson, some people just don't learn.

I agree, it was the only star wars he had for sale and the pictures looked good so I thought it was a childhood lot :roll: Lucky me it was only in UK money £200 and not over £1000 like Starwarsfan29 :(

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Starwarsfan29 said:
Just a note that I have just been scammed on Gumtree for over a grand by someone pretending to see UKG graded Vinyl Jawa.

Anyway it turns out that this Jawa was sold on eBay in late March so he obviously used the pics and put on gumtree.

Just wanted to warn people and have attached the pic with the UKG serial number.

The guy used the name Kris Killeen, he is called Shane on Gumtree . Postcode suggests Stanley in North West England. I would like to track the Jawa know as it adds proof I was scammed.

Thanks in advance 2C174C05-20E4-468D-9B16-B5D195AA5A6F.jpeg5E0C3661-EA9D-40CC-8377-84297536C978.jpeg

Stories like this make my blood boil.
Had this been a few months ago i would have instructed the mini bus (our mate) to detour to the blokes address.
We have a few handy lads on our regular football away days and i promise you we would have come away with something.
Maybe a well worded letter to the guys address from you promising a visit may shake him up enough?

Anyway good luck mate, don't let this go!

subzero

Sith Lord
Pulsar said:
Starwarsfan29 said:

Thanks in advance 2C174C05-20E4-468D-9B16-B5D195AA5A6F.jpeg5E0C3661-EA9D-40CC-8377-84297536C978.jpeg

Stories like this make my blood boil.
Had this been a few months ago i would have instructed the mini bus (our mate) to detour to the blokes address.
We have a few handy lads on our regular football away days and i promise you we would have come away with something.
Maybe a well worded letter to the guys address from you promising a visit may shake him up enough?

Anyway good luck mate, don't let this go!

Sometimes that's exactly what these little dickheads need, a threat of sending the heavies around to scare them into paying up.

Maybe a bluff of doing that might actually work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom