THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 48 LIVE

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks again for a great episode, the hard work really does show through.
The interview with Andy Gouldings was great, not only the segment about his collection, which must be amazing, but more so the recollections of collecting in the 90's at events like Cheshunt.
These brought back vivid memories of dealers and their tables at events like this, the anticipation of queueing up and not knowing what you will find; we must have been there together many times, small world.
Younger collectors will possibly find it hard to believe in the pre internet age, these events were only on a few times a year, and were often your SW collecting fix for the next few months!
I too must also but my weight behind Simon's "market watch" segment, last months and this have been great and a big refresh on an old idea, please keep it up.
Please also stop Jez watching those "adult" themed movies, it seems, they've gone to his head. :lol:

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Yet another great show this month fellas. Welcome back Jez and congrats on an amazing feat for a great cause!

Enjoyed the discussion on the skiff. I still have my original that my parents bought for me at Toys R Us back in 1985 or 1986. I was around 11 or 12, and was toward the end of my playing with toys phase. It's still in pretty good shape considering how fragile it is. I remember being super excited to get it as I no longer had to use the 2x6 board I had as a placeholder skiff. Always loved the "walk the plank" feature as well as the door that flipped up to throw the Jabba Goons overboard. These cool features definitely made up for it's lack of electronics.

Here is a pic of my makeshift skiff that I used back in the day (taken in '85 I believe) and my childhood skiff I got shortly after this (taken a couple years ago recreating one of my favorite scenes in ROTJ).

skiff1.jpg

skiff2.jpg

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Another cracking episode, lads. Particularly enjoyed Andy Goulding's interview. Took me right back to hunting in the 90s. :)

Another excellent Market Watch from Simon. :wink: I liked Richard's advice on what I should have done with the auction house that screwed me on the "original vintage" weapons. I did the southern equivalent though...I wrote a strongly worded email and have refrained from giving them my business any longer. :lol:

Chris

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great podcast this month, really enjoyed Andy Goulding's interview. Massively regret never going to Tunisia, would love to see the original sets etc. Not sure I'd be confident going in the current political climate. I don't really fancy going with a platoon of armed guards, although it would be a bit like Rogue one.

Interesting that Andy confirmed his Imperial Gunner had a blue blaster, then the later discussion revealed people paying upwards of £100 for the black blaster for the A Wing pilot. Does anyone know if the A Wing pilot ever came with the blue? Such a crazy price for such a rubbish weapon.

Did anyone notice the scratching sound during his interview? Sounded like someone was doing scratch cards? We've all done it, overspent then had to turn to gambling to pay the gas bill.

Really liked the Palitoy packing box, crazy price but a real piece of history. Pure vintage Star Wars madness. But a really cool piece.

The early collecting shows of the 90's sound legendary, really got me in the mood for the next FF.

Great work as usual.

Looking forward to your appraisals of Solo.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Really enjoyed the Andy Goulding interview also. His enthusiasm for the hobby is so infectious. I will say I really miss Grant's Beyond The Toys section with some stellar interviews such as The Art of Ralph McQuarrie with Brandon Alinger and David Mandel, and plastic degradation with Lee Bullock. Don't know that the podcast has really filled that hole yet, which is a shame especially since Pete has done some great interviews in the past like the Mete Akin Uzay one, as well as his trio of Toyshop interviews. I totally agree with Edd that the format was much more enjoyable this month focussing on the vintage and a little less of the weirdest and wackiest gimcrack (but that's just me).

I still think you're all doing a totally awesome job BTW and it's great to have Jez's delighted little squeals back on the airwaves... he really is like an excited little kid every time he discusses a new item in NA... you just know he's going straight out to buy one :lol: .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom