Header image

Star Wars Fatigue

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Fatigue

Postby Michael Sith » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:40 pm

You don't lose your true fan status because someone says your not a true fan, you know your a fan and that's all that matters.
Other people's opinions of me in truth are not important to me, I have my own principles, self esteem and values. Try to live a life that does not impact anyone else through greed, avarice, jealousy etc etc, happy in my skin, married to a better person than me ( punching way above my weight there) have a great family.
If someone is not of the same opinion as me I listen to their point of view, and sometimes learn something from their perspective ( which may be positive or negative) but don't let it get me down in any way, as I said before, if we were all the same we would be in a field saying "Baaaaaa"

So if you like the new SW stuff great, if you don't, great, let's all get on and find common ground we do have and build from there :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Michael Sith wrote:You don't lose your true fan status because someone says your not a true fan, you know your a fan and that's all that matters.
Other people's opinions of me in truth are not important to me, I have my own principles, self esteem and values. Try to live a life that does not impact anyone else through greed, avarice, jealousy etc etc, happy in my skin, married to a better person than me ( punching way above my weight there) have a great family.
If someone is not of the same opinion as me I listen to their point of view, and sometimes learn something from their perspective ( which may be positive or negative) but don't let it get me down in any way, as I said before, if we were all the same we would be in a field saying "Baaaaaa"

So if you like the new SW stuff great, if you don't, great, let's all get on and find common ground we do have and build from there :D

Well said Michael 8)

It doesn't pay for us all to be the same, we all have differences of opinions....so what :lol: , its interesting to hear what people like or dislike, at the end of the day were all fans of Star Wars in some way shape or form :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:
Michael Sith wrote:You don't lose your true fan status because someone says your not a true fan, you know your a fan and that's all that matters.

Well said Michael 8)

It doesn't pay for us all to be the same, we all have differences of opinions....so what :lol: , its interesting to hear what people like or dislike, at the end of the day were all fans of Star Wars in some way shape or form :D

This is true, Star Wars brought us all here after all.

Regarding the original post, I am personally starting to feel some fatigue set in. Star Wars is beginning to feel less of an event and more of a "oh, another one". I probably won't see Solo in the cinema (which is a first for me with Star Wars films) so that is an indication that I am migrating away from it at least a little bit. I still adore the OT, and I like TPM, RotS and TFA, and I will still continue collecting and enjoying vintage Star Wars figures.

But as for R1 and TLJ, they just didn't do it for me, and unfortunately there was nothing about the Solo trailer that stood out and made me think "I must go see this!"

Personally I hope they keep them coming though, times have changed and I think the newer films reflect that, Star Wars does need updating for a new audience (Many of which are our kids).

The original trilogy magic is never coming back, it will remain a time-capsule that many of us on here are old enough to remember, and for that we should be grateful.
"How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over them mountains!"

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm

No fatigue for me, i'm enjoying the new movies so far, I've seen Solo twice, and enjoyed it both times, there is a nagging part of me that wishes the old gang had all been together in the new movies, han leia luke chewie the droids, all together for one last go around, don't get me wrong I like they changed it up, but I do think what if ….
I don't think it makes you any less of a fan if you don't like the new movies, that's just a difference of opinion, we will always have the OT, thats my first love
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:11 pm

No fatigue for me either...

I like it all, makes me feel like a kid and I guess therefore I watch it all and enjoy it all like one. I actually wish I had read Marvel comics as a kid as I irritatingly seem to dislike every single Marvel film, because I see them all with adult eyes and sensibilities and it kinda exposes how poor they all are... If I could get into a child like mindset, I expect I'd love them too! :lol:

Bring on more Star Wars, more, more... more terribly made toys from Hasbro, more films, more magazines, more comics, more audio and printed books, more podcast.. OK maybe less of those terrible PO-ZU shoe things, but hey, maybe just me.. more TV.. we need more TV, I just watched all the Clone Wars (actually both animated versions and all series within them both) and I'm now about to re-watch Rebels...

Apart from as a 8,9 & 10 year old, I don't think I've ever been happier as a Star Wars fan!
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 pm

db94 wrote:
Pulsar wrote:but IMO they're not true SW fans, only OT fans.

Statements like this just cause problems in the community and result in stupid comments from both sides -

How in the fuck can not liking the latest batch of SW films mean you're not a "true" fan?
You can be a SW fan if you only enjoy the comics, or books, or cartoons or toys you don't have to enjoy everything to be classed as a true fan?

So if you love everything produced do date but don't enjoy the next standalone film do you immediately loose your "true fan" status :roll:

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, so if in 10 years some other guys take over the band name with maybe 1 original member contributing - they produce a different style of music that I don't like am I no longer a true fan - previously bought all their albums, went to see them live on many occasions but all that means nothing?

I swear, shit like this is the reason I limit my time on forums and fb - I've said from word go I'm happy for anyone that enjoys the new stuff but so many idiots just desperate to claim you're not a real fan unless you love everything. You said it yourself - each to their own so don't presume someone else's level of fandom just because it doesn't line up with yours

So far you've said fans not going to see films because they dislike Kathleen Kennedy does your nut in
Not seeing Solo because you disliked TLJ makes you a mug
Not liking everything means you're not a true fan

I have a major issue with how these films are being produced - putting a feminist agenda before plot and character development is pathetic so won't be supporting Disney (they are a business) just like I wouldn't eat at a restaurant if I had an issue with how they sourced their ingredients regardless of how good the food tasted.

Have an oppinion on the film but DONT have an oppinion on other peoples decision to choose to not see a film and for fuck sake don't try and label them.

"each to their own" but I think you are a mug, you do my nut in and you're not a true fan :roll: :roll: :roll:

First off, rein in the language!
Secondly, lol

I did infact read your post twice (i suggest you re-read mine) because i couldn't quite understand your anger at a single person's opinion and thats all it was, whether I'm right or wrong I'm still entitled to it.

Now if you insist on continuing with public outrage because i touched a nerve then I'd prefer to take this to private message, if only to find out your real age.
I am genuinely curious.

Now I'm not on it nor would i have time for it but i suggest you stay away from facebook if this is how you react because let me tell you there are far worse 'idiots' out there than you or i.

Yours sincerely
Real SW fan
:P
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:48 pm

That is such a great post Michael, so much so I'm kinda feeling a little guilty about my opinion.
I'm glad you accept that's all it is :)
MTFBWY
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Pulsar wrote:single person's opinion and thats all it was, whether I'm right or wrong I'm still entitled to it.

You are entitled to it BUT respect other peoples opinions - as I've said on numerous occasions I'm happy for anyone that enjoys the new films

If you post that you like them, that's having an opinion, if you then go on to mouth off about people that don't, well that's being a dick and you'll be told to fuck off
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

Return to “Star Wars Films”