Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpjsavage

Youngling
Hi everyone, I'm Jonathan and I've built up a collection of Star Wars art work in recent years which I display in a music rehearsal studio. I got a lot of this through purchases and trades through a watch forum (I also enjoy buying and selling watches). I'm in my late 40s and remember watching the first Star Wars films as a youngster. Like many of you I"m sure, they made a big impression on me.

Anyway, I'm sure posts benefit from pictures so here are some of the bits and pieces I've collected so far. They include a set of the Joe Johnston and Ralph McQuarrie 'supersnipe' lithographs, some tickets from the first screening of the Empire Strikes Back, some storyboards from the ROTJ and some more modern stuff too. I hope I can learn more from you all about collecting this stuff!

Anyway, enough waffle. Here are some pictures (including a random one of another famous musician and artist who we love):

20180615_170844.jpg

20180615_170850.jpg

20180615_170855.jpg

20180615_170903.jpg

20180615_170909.jpg

20180615_170917.jpg

20180615_170930.jpg

20180615_170937.jpg

20180615_170945.jpg

20180615_170950.jpg

20180615_171000.jpg

20180615_171007.jpg

20180615_171014.jpg

20180615_171027.jpg

20180615_171043.jpg

20180615_171112.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome Jonathan, many thanks for sharing the pictures of your collection, you have some very nice pieces.
Particularly like the way that you have displayed the Topps cards and the pencil drawing of the Tie.

jpjsavage

Youngling
Thanks, it has been fun collecting some of this stuff. I have some new pieces arriving over the weekend which I'm very excited about. I will share more on Saturday!

jpjsavage

Youngling
Mini99 said:
Welcome Jonathan, many thanks for sharing the pictures of your collection, you have some very nice pieces.
Particularly like the way that you have displayed the Topps cards and the pencil drawing of the Tie.

Meant to say, the Topps cards were a fun project. I used those plastic holder things and then had an artist friend of mine (who is also a framer) to make up the frame itself. It is pretty massive and cost a fortune ( :D ) but I'm glad you think they look good. The kids love looking at them as they are about their height and I remember collecting them back in the day too! These pieces create great conversations and it is lovely that it has become a truly inter-generational passion for us all to share.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi jonathan

Welcome to the Forum, Lovely selection you got there, hope you enjoy speaking to us, great bunch on here and always tons of advice 8)

Russ :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jpjsavage said:
Mini99 said:

Meant to say, the Topps cards were a fun project. I used those plastic holder things and then had an artist friend of mine (who is also a framer) to make up the frame itself. It is pretty massive and cost a fortune ( :D ) but I'm glad you think they look good. The kids love looking at them as they are about their height and I remember collecting them back in the day too! These pieces create great conversations and it is lovely that it has become a truly inter-generational passion for us all to share.
That's the best way to display Topps cards that I have ever seen, I bet they weren't cheap, even if they were made by a friend, lucky you.

jpjsavage

Youngling
Mini99 said:
jpjsavage said:
Mini99 said:

That's the best way to display Topps cards that I have ever seen, I bet they weren't cheap, even if they were made by a friend, lucky you.

Thanks. It is fun to see them all together but it was a bit of shame we couldn't get them all in numerical order (what with some being landscape and some portrait etc). Still, at least it will preserve them well!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
jpjsavage said:
Hi everyone, I'm Jonathan and I've built up a collection of Star Wars art work in recent years which I display in a music rehearsal studio. I got a lot of this through purchases and trades through a watch forum (I also enjoy buying and selling watches). I'm in my late 40s and remember watching the first Star Wars films as a youngster. Like many of you I"m sure, they made a big impression on me.

Anyway, I'm sure posts benefit from pictures so here are some of the bits and pieces I've collected so far. They include a set of the Joe Johnston and Ralph McQuarrie 'supersnipe' lithographs, some tickets from the first screening of the Empire Strikes Back, some storyboards from the ROTJ and some more modern stuff too. I hope I can learn more from you all about collecting this stuff!

Anyway, enough waffle. Here are some pictures (including a random one of another famous musician and artist who we love):

Welcome Jonathan to the forum, it looks great, great collection you have 8)

MightyMike

Padawan
Just thought I would post a quick Introduction, having recently joined

Probably like a lot of people I'm of a certain age to have had played with most of the stuff during the OT. Luckily my parents kept all my figures and ships (my dad kept all the boxes too). Well about 6 months ago the other half allowed me to finish off my loose collection and they are currently in a 'holding cell' away from a cat and a 4 year old until I can work out a way to display it properly. And I'm in the UK (Cardiff)

At the moment I'm chasing down some of the ships/playsets I never had. I'd much rather at the stage to be able to hold one that have it sealed away as a financial investment.

Anyway I think I've managed to attach a picture of my loose collection

IMG_E5050.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
MightyMike said:
Just thought I would post a quick Introduction, having recently joined

Probably like a lot of people I'm of a certain age to have had played with most of the stuff during the OT. Luckily my parents kept all my figures and ships (my dad kept all the boxes too). Well about 6 months ago the other half allowed me to finish off my loose collection and they are currently in a 'holding cell' away from a cat and a 4 year old until I can work out a way to display it properly. And I'm in the UK (Cardiff)

At the moment I'm chasing down some of the ships/playsets I never had. I'd much rather at the stage to be able to hold one that have it sealed away as a financial investment.

Anyway I think I've managed to attach a picture of my loose collection

IMG_E5050.JPG

Hi MightyMike, welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing that great picture of your collection. I love how you display it :wink:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Welcome Mighty Mike

Looks like your almost there with the loose run of figure's you have a few big ones R2D2 pop up saber and a blue snag. Nice one

MightyMike

Padawan
Thanks,

I think they're all there, the case is a little too small (97, I haven't worried about variations - at this stage...). There are a couple I would like to replace, Warok/Lumat (I forget which one) has the wrong bow, Stormmie Luke has a blue/black blaster

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
MightyMike said:
Thanks,

I think they're all there, the case is a little too small (97, I haven't worried about variations - at this stage...). There are a couple I would like to replace, Warok/Lumat (I forget which one) has the wrong bow, Stormmie Luke has a blue/black blaster

My Luke stormy also has a blue/black blaster and i am happy to keep it that way. An original black
blaster is now demanding £100. Crazy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
MightyMike said:
Thanks,

The Black one as far as I know was sold on potf cards in usa, the trilogo was sold with the blue/black blaster, I have seen a few moc where the blue/blaster is on the tri-logo. I have also found a few luke stormies in childhood lots and I have never found a black stormie blaster in a childhood lot, but I have found a lot of blue/black blasters :wink: So it is not the wrong blaster for luke stormie :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great loose run MightyMike, they all look in great condition.
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi MightyMike

Welcome to the forum, like how you have displayed your figures 8)

Russ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom