General Grumbling

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Forgetting about an item on eBay that you really wanted and it sells for less than you were willingly to pay for it. Has just happened to me, really annoyed with myself. Missed it by 15 minutes! :roll: :(

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Forgetting about an item on eBay that you really wanted and it sells for less than you were willingly to pay for it. Has just happened to me, really annoyed with myself. Missed it by 15 minutes! :roll: :(

Use and auction sniping tool then you'll never miss out again. :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've never used these, and have a few questions, van anyone help.
Do they really work?
How much do they cost to subscribe to or use?
What happens if another bidder is also using a sniping tool?
Thanks.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I've used auction sniper for many years and its never let me down. They charge 1.5% of the winning bid up to a maximum of $15 but I think there are free ones out there.
All it does is place your maximum bid at a time chosen by you (I go for 3 seconds before the end). So if someone else also drops their bid at 3 seconds either manually or another snipe, eBay will just take the maximum bid unless someone else bids again before its over.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Ebay in general :x :x :x

Restricted my account for selling some caravan accessories last week, clearly put on the ad that it was cash on collection.

Fuming :twisted:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
I've used auction sniper for many years and its never let me down. They charge 1.5% of the winning bid up to a maximum of $15 but I think there are free ones out there.
All it does is place your maximum bid at a time chosen by you (I go for 3 seconds before the end). So if someone else also drops their bid at 3 seconds either manually or another snipe, eBay will just take the maximum bid unless someone else bids again before its over.
Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Cunts that make you an offer then when you say no say your going to loose a sale for £5 are you stupid , actually thick **** it adds up to more than £5 what ****ing school did you go to, I'd rather set the ****er on fire than sell it to you for more than I'm asking cause your a ****, and breath :p

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Being critised for using a dealer to buy or sell stuff, surely collectors should be free to buy and sell as they wish.

Most collectors would prefer to not waste the %age commission you loose on both ends for themselves I'd imagine, plus the fun side of hunting down items, making friends along the way. Maybe that's just me tho.

maxf

Jedi Master
Putting F&F or plus 4% in a sales advert. Just add the cost of the sale on to your price - as a seller there are costs and processing payment is one of them... that's not a buyers cost. I've even seen this on $50k plus prototypes!

I might have done this in the past, as the whole world does - but more recently I've been taking a stand. It makes **** all difference to me.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
The Toy Toni thing makes me laugh as well, origional parts all assembled together and the grading company's should have known this before any of the collecting experts did. Your just sending your stuff to other human's who make mistakes, not a supreme being. How they missed the v iron marks at the bottom of the bubble seal is a shocker.

To be fair, every one who ever owned, bought or sold a TT between late 80's and about 2010 missed the obvious iron marks, perfectly centred bubbles and other inconsistencies over the years. In fact, I believe the whole saga only finally came to light because of previous research uncovering lists of purchased unused cardbacks from many years earlier matched known lists of TT figures that meant 2 + 2 could finally be put together to make 4. Grading companies were using what everyone believed to be genuine examples to authenticate further TT's.

If at the time no one knew any differently, those flaws were just considered idiosyncrasies of those particular Palitoy/clipper etc cards. If anything they would be distinguishing features to help verify others were "genuine".

Btw, I hate grading personally but don't think they can be blamed for not seeing that one coming.

lejackal

Grand Master
Sellers not offering to combine postage, particularly on small, low value items.

I was recently trying to buy around 15 PSP games, non of which had cases and all of which were around 80p to £1.20 from one seller. Now I probably should take some of the blame on this as I didn't ask prior to placing bids but no one in their right mind would buy items of that value and expect to pay for individual postage surely - his response was that, and I quote, "I do not do multi packages as I do not have the time or patience."

Put all items in one jiffy or ideally box and send together as opposed to 15 individual envelopes you f****** moron!!!

Happy Monday people :D

starshipriot

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
Sellers not offering to combine postage, particularly on small, low value items.

I was recently trying to buy around 15 PSP games, non of which had cases and all of which were around 80p to £1.20 from one seller. Now I probably should take some of the blame on this as I didn't ask prior to placing bids but no one in their right mind would buy items of that value and expect to pay for individual postage surely - his response was that, and I quote, "I do not do multi packages as I do not have the time or patience."

Put all items in one jiffy or ideally box and send together as opposed to 15 individual envelopes you f****** moron!!!

Happy Monday people :D

I had someone on eBay tell me they wouldn't combine postage as they didn't have any envelopes or boxes big enough to put more than one thing in. It was for some 5" Halo figures. I told them I had been interested in about eight of their figures but there was no way in hell I would spend £40 on postage (as each figure was £5 postage) when I could pay £12 for parcelforce. They just reiterated that they wouldn't combine postage, end of.
Nobheads.

AllThings80s

Youngling
When you sit there and work out the postage cost, and then receive a response saying, "what's that in dollars."

giphy-1.gif

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I hate, it when people make **** offers on items or try and tell you lies to drop the price right down arseholes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom