Supporter
My loose tooth

14294509682_8fe3a41c81_c.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
solokenobi said:
Pomse2001 said:
solokenobi said:
No it is in a open card..it was when i was child...

cool, so it is from your childhood collection ? :D
Yes my friend i have some figures in harbert open cards from my childhood collection.... :D

Very cool 8) can you help me with a picture of the coo of the snaggletooth on that card ? :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Coincidentally, like Jeremy, I have a Euro / PBP Snaggletooth with Partial Scar No Coo, as well as a PBP Small Scar No Coo. I am missing the Big Scar No Coo. Note the difference in colours which comes about from the different type of plastic that PBP used. The Euro Partial Scar No Coo has no PBP smell, whereas the Small Scar No Coo has the distinct PBP smell.

I also use to have a Euro / PBP Small Scar No Coo which was sculpted in the same plastic as my partial scar no coo (pic 3), which I stupidly sold. Before selling it I chatted to Javi Ruilopez about it and this is what he had to say:

"Hey James, pbp it was meant to be be the factory for Europe with some figures that are slightly different from the ones made for the Spanish market (i.e pink face luke hoth) so for me it is perfectly possible that those scar CoO snags with different plastic were Pbp made for exportation only...

"By now those so called scar CoO euro variants were made by Pbp according with current knowledge...

"Not all the scar CoO figures that you can find in Spain has that strong plastic smell, some Chewbaccas and Vaders comes to my mind..."

So Jeremy, it's possible you don't have a regular red and instead have a PBP made for European exportation figure, and you might need to buy another variant... a true Kenner :lol:

Attachments

• 1C0E52FE-4D4C-49E2-9A7A-66787AB3C59C.jpeg
    1C0E52FE-4D4C-49E2-9A7A-66787AB3C59C.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 929
  • D25D769A-3ED6-481E-83AC-3ED60840FC0F.jpeg
    D25D769A-3ED6-481E-83AC-3ED60840FC0F.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 931
  • 162B3539-8C4A-4095-B0D8-877BB829F128.jpeg
    162B3539-8C4A-4095-B0D8-877BB829F128.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 931

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Coincidentally, like Jeremy, I have a Euro / PBP Snaggletooth with Partial Scar No Coo, as well as a PBP Small Scar No Coo. I am missing the Big Scar No Coo. Note the difference in colours which comes about from the different type of plastic that PBP used. The Euro Partial Scar No Coo has no PBP smell, whereas the Small Scar No Coo has the distinct PBP smell.

I also use to have a Euro / PBP Small Scar No Coo which was sculpted in the same plastic as my partial scar no coo (pic 3), which I stupidly sold. Before selling it I chatted to Javi Ruilopez about it and this is what he had to say:

"Hey James, pbp it was meant to be be the factory for Europe with some figures that are slightly different from the ones made for the Spanish market (i.e pink face luke hoth) so for me it is perfectly possible that those scar CoO snags with different plastic were Pbp made for exportation only...

"By now those so called scar CoO euro variants were made by Pbp according with current knowledge...

"Not all the scar CoO figures that you can find in Spain has that strong plastic smell, some Chewbaccas and Vaders comes to my mind..."

So Jeremy, it's possible you don't have a regular red and instead have a PBP made for European exportation figure, and you might need to buy another variant... a true Kenner :lol:

Fascinating stuff! Thanks for taking the time to post it. Every day's a school day in this hobby! :)

Luckily for me, I have chosen to limit my loose variant collecting to figures which are visually different from one another, even if only slightly. I in no way wish to pour cold water on COO collectors who wish to have every single figure released, even when the only difference is to be found in the COO itself. If that's how they want to collect, then good luck to them :).

For me however, I derive enjoyment from seeing the visual differences in a figure's variants, so that fact combined with both display space and cost limitations means I'm not (currently, at least!) a collector that tries to track down every available COO variant.

All of which is to say that I am happy enough with my Snaggleteeth / Snaggletooths for the time being, although I am after a undiscoloured, dented toe blue Snaggletooth in good condition, as I actually have two undented ones (one of which is shown above). I'm hoping against hope that somewhere out there there may be a collector with two dented toe ones who might like to trade!... I can dream! :-D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate for the great pictures and all the great info as always. I have to get my snaggletooth figures out of the closet :lol: You write Palitoy 20 back for the last snaggletooth. What are the story about that info ? :D
Quite simply, I have very good reason to believe that that specific figure came from a Palitoy 20 Back card. I can't be 100% certain as I didn't open it, but given what I know about it, I am 99.9% sure :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

thanks mate for the great pictures and the great story from Javi :wink: sorry to read that you sold your Euro / PBP Small Scar No Coo :(

I really love the story about Pbp made figures of different plastic for exportation only, I have never heard that before. But it sounds cool and make sense with some of the figures that are sold on euro or kenner cards but on the back is writen made in spain 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Fascinating stuff! Thanks for taking the time to post it. Every day's a school day in this hobby! :)

Luckily for me, I have chosen to limit my loose variant collecting to figures which are visually different from one another, even if only slightly. I in no way wish to pour cold water on COO collectors who wish to have every single figure released, even when the only difference is to be found in the COO itself. If that's how they want to collect, then good luck to them :).

For me however, I derive enjoyment from seeing the visual differences in a figure's variants, so that fact combined with both display space and cost limitations means I'm not (currently, at least!) a collector that tries to track down every available COO variant.

All of which is to say that I am happy enough with my Snaggleteeth / Snaggletooths for the time being, although I am after a undiscoloured, dented toe blue Snaggletooth in good condition, as I actually have two undented ones (one of which is shown above). I'm hoping against hope that somewhere out there there may be a collector with two dented toe ones who might like to trade!... I can dream! :-D

Thanks, I try to track down every available COO variant :lol: But I am glad that you will not pour cold water on me :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate for the great pictures and all the great info as always. I have to get my snaggletooth figures out of the closet :lol: You write Palitoy 20 back for the last snaggletooth. What are the story about that info ? :D
Quite simply, I have very good reason to believe that that specific figure came from a Palitoy 20 Back card. I can't be 100% certain as I didn't open it, but given what I know about it, I am 99.9% sure :)

Sounds great, thanks any picture of the coo ? :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Sorry, I'm not sure if you're joking (if so, apologies for me being thick!), but the last picture I posted on Page 2 of this thread shows the COO :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Sorry, I'm not sure if you're joking (if so, apologies for me being thick!), but the last picture I posted on Page 2 of this thread shows the COO :)

No problem my mistake :lol: Can you take a new picture where I can see the © G.M.F.G.I. 1978 better :D :oops:

solokenobi

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
solokenobi said:
Pomse2001 said:
cool, so it is from your childhood collection ? :D
Yes my friend i have some figures in harbert open cards from my childhood collection.... :D

Very cool 8) can you help me with a picture of the coo of the snaggletooth on that card ? :D
IMG_20180718_135404_zpsqk5sez66.jpg

The coo is very difficult to see but it is made in hong kong

Pomse2001

Grand Master
solokenobi said:
Pomse2001 said:
solokenobi said:

The coo is very difficult to see but it is made in hong kong

thanks there are so many different Hong Kong coo, if it is possible then I would be happy if you could do a better picture :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ok here are my snaggletooth collection

1. Palitoy 20 back cardback

P1160928.JPG

P1160929.JPG

2. Kenner 21 back cardback

P1160930.JPG

P1160931.JPG

3. German 45 back cardback

P1160932.JPG

P1160933.JPG

4. Palitoy 45 back cardback

P1160934.JPG

P1160935.JPG

5. Kenner 48 back MOC.

Snaggletooth%2068.jpg

Snaggletooth%2069.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
6. PBP 65 back cardback

P1160936.JPG

P1160937.JPG

7. Tri-logo Hybrid cardback, figure can be taken out of the bottom of the bubble so it not a moc anymore. With a Danish price Sticker.

Snaggletooth%2074.jpg

Snaggletooth%2075.jpg

8. Another Tri-logo Hybrid cardback, figure can be taken out of the bottom of the bubble so it not a moc anymore. Came from the same childhood lot as the other tri-logo hybrid I have and was also sold in the same shop according to the guy I bought it from.

Snaggletooth%2078.jpg

Snaggletooth%2075.jpg

9. Another Tri-logo Hybrid cardback also with a Danish price Sticker.

P1160938.JPG

P1160939.JPG

10. Another Tri-logo Hybrid cardback also with a Danish price Sticker.

P1160940.JPG

P1160941.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom