Fake Darth Vader vinyl cape ? HELP

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last picture of the 2nd cape :D

P1160966.JPG

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The pattern is more clearly visible on this one. Again I can see similarities with the capes I have. Regarding the pattern on the childhood Vader I purchased, it is only visible when examined under a magnifying glass, shot with a good camera, or with a naked eye in good daylight when viewed from the right angle.

In my opinion I see more positives then negatives with your two capes and would tend to believe genuine, but I am no expert, just a Spanish line fan.

I have one cape that has come with a pbp Vader which I'm positive is Repro and will try photographing tomorrow. It is much much thinner and mimics the rugose capes more than the smooth both sides variant.

Regarding Javi, he would be able to give you an opinion from photographs though I feel he would prefer better quality imagery. Yours like mine, could do with a better lens :lol: For true validity he would want cape in hand.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
The pattern is more clearly visible on this one. Again I can see similarities with the capes I have. Regarding the pattern on the childhood Vader I purchased, it is only visible when examined under a magnifying glass, shot with a good camera, or with a naked eye in good daylight when viewed from the right angle.

In my opinion I see more positives then negatives with your two capes and would tend to believe genuine, but I am no expert, just a Spanish line fan.

I have one cape that has come with a pbp Vader which I'm positive is Repro and will try photographing tomorrow. It is much much thinner and mimics the rugose capes more than the smooth both sides variant.

Regarding Javi, he would be able to give you an opinion from photographs though I feel he would prefer better quality imagery. Yours like mine, could do with a better lens :lol: For true validity he would want cape in hand.

Thanks, then I guess they are real, but now comes the big question. Could this 2 figures with the same coo have been sold with 2 different capes ? :? I am also not an expert, just a variant collector :lol: What did confuse me was the no zip sound capes because I have only seen and heard about the lili ledy as the only smooth cape with no zip sound and it is also the only one I have in my collection, I also have rugose capes but they are not smooth :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I keep meaning to ask, did they come with saber and do you have shots?

I bought them from a guy in spain, both of them but they were without sabers :( but I am still happy that I got a coo that I was missing and maybe 2 new original cape variants that I have never seen before :shock:

I will check the figures better later today, maybe they are different even with the same coo :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Well there's definitely one pbp smooth both sides non zipping cape. I'll update this thread when I've sent mine to Javi (though I've no idea when I'll get round to it!)

thanks mate :wink: Hope the cape will not get lost in the mail :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have now compared both figures and the only difference I can see is the hilt is much shorter than on the other figure and both arms are very lose on one figure and not lose on the other, the same coo but 2 different capes. Ok if they are original the seller could have changed the capes and also a kid could but they were not easy to remove from the vader figures. Like they have been there for a long time :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom