Whats irritating you?

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
I'm sure HB and B&M purchase overstock from other distributers, would explain the amount of Kylo kicking about. Didn't realise Thrawn was a bit of a **** to find, was this just 3.75 or the 6 inch or even both?

The 6 inch black series is a **** to find, dont know if you can get him in the 3.75 ?

Think the bargain retailers do buy a lot of stock from other distributers at stupidly low prices, then knock them out at daft prices.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Im going to defend the modern collecting as appears to be some misconceptions..

the black series 6 inch and 3.75 inch are staggeringly brilliant most of the time. At the moment the scultps are breathtaking and the detail and realism is very very good. There have been some ropey ones early on, but just take a look at the Gamoorean Guard, Enfys nest with speeder, Rey Island Journey, Jaina solo, for 6inch (along with your usual faves) and recently i picked up ponda baba, ackbar, ERG and some leias in the 3.75 inch line. Ponda comes with a whole load of arms and hands.. the ERG comes with two helmets and weapons. The detail is just wonderful.

http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=12163
http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=4832
http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=9099
In order to bring this figure to life Hasbro combined the look of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in the head sculpt, so you get Harrison Ford's smirk and Carrie Fisher's facial features

with toys r us going, and failing to adapt, you need to turn your attention to online stores such as:
darkside toys
indemand toys
staraction figures
forbidden planet

Get your pre orders in as soon as they go up. subscribe to their mailing lists.

Smyths is pointless, the entertainer is good at the moment, but you are fighting a losing battle with them.

-------

I dont believe kids are into toys that much. We are though, so the demand is there, just not the mass demand there once was. Brick and mortar needs to evolve. Maybe more pop up enterprises in larger stores. eg in my local large sainsburys, there is an argos. I also think Hasbro are testing the water with HASLABS and will do more 'crowdfunded' type projects. Minimum number in time frames, at least there isnt much 'waste', let fans pre order what they want. Lets face it, how many of us will order multiples on stuff to sell later. I prefer it, at least im not hunting around or paying over the odds.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yes got to agree, though some right dogs have popped up from time to time we have got some nice ones as well. Jaina solo is a clear winner in the 6inch line and another good example would in my opinion be the 3.75 Leigh in boushh attire. I'm sure they released her in 6inch form as well, one id like to grab at some point along with Lando, another not so bad figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom