What could Kenner have done better ?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Thought I'd chime in with a few thoughts from the action figure line

- Perfected the design on EV-9D9. It's a really nice Droid and the jaw mechanism is awesome, but it's massively let down in the fatal flaw with the limbs, causing the arms in particular to drop off.
- provided more interaction with each figure... for example the facility to stow away their weapons and accessories. Han Hoth is awesome though I suspect that was more by luck than judgement, and I love the Leia Endor and Luke Poncho figures because of the belt accessories
- removable helmet for Luke Poncho... they did it with Leia Endor for god's sake... how hard would it of been
- stuck to original sculpts for the POTF line instead of the overly muscular ones on Barada, Han Carbonite and Luke Stormie. Imperial Gunner pulls it off so is excused
- a better colour rifle for the Rebel Commando, and a better weapon for Ree Yees

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks for all the great info about boba fett, so much that I did not know :shock:

Are you guys sure about that boba was not sold in europe ? could some shops not have imported them ?

I agree EV-9D9 is perfect in the design but the arms are ****ing bad :evil:

Yes Han Solo Hoth, is awesome. Great figure 8)

Leia Endor and luke endor is cool figures with the belt and poncho, but why the **** did luke not get a removable helmet ? :?

I also agree barada could be better, he looks like a bodybuilder :lol:

Han Carbonite figure could for sure be better, I think luke stormie is fine.

Imperial Gunner is also a great figure :D

I think the Rebel Commando rifle is the wrong colour should it not have been black ? :?

Ree-Yees rifle looks cool, but I do not remember that we see him in the movie with a weapon :?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very interesting thread. I've always thought they should have made more cantina aliens. That was my favourite scene as a kid. By the time of the last 17/15 they should have concentrated on earlier film's characters instead of Ewoks and Jabba goons. Garindan, Evazan, Wuher, etc.

To be honest though they must have done something right as we're all still here talking about them!!!

wicky0570

Padawan
The stand out figures for me that I missed the most are;

Grand Moff Tarkin
Rebel Fleet Officers

I always wanted to have GMT with Vader when I played Death Star Scenes, and would have loved to recreate the Tantive IV scene, but could not as only had Vader and Stormtrooper!

r2isamale

Padawan
subzero said:
Vader without his helmet, would have been a nice figure for the POTF line. They made an Imperial Dignitary ffs who had 5 seconds of screen time, so why not a 'no helmet' Vader for kids to recreate that final important scene after the epic Vader / Luke fight?, plus he looks awesome without the helmet.

A 'Stormtrooper disguise' Han, makes no sense to just have a Luke.

Oh and a slave Leia, for err, for research purposes! :?

I second Slave Leia. I think that most dads would have bought that one. Even if their children did not plat with SW :p

subzero

Sith Lord
r2isamale said:
subzero said:
Vader without his helmet, would have been a nice figure for the POTF line. They made an Imperial Dignitary ffs who had 5 seconds of screen time, so why not a 'no helmet' Vader for kids to recreate that final important scene after the epic Vader / Luke fight?, plus he looks awesome without the helmet.

I second Slave Leia. I think that most dads would have bought that one. Even if their children did not plat with SW :p

The scenes that could have been enacted, like when Dark Helmet in Spaceballs gets caught out playing with the dolls. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
r2isamale said:
subzero said:

The scenes that could have been enacted, like when Dark Helmet in Spaceballs gets caught out playing with the dolls. :lol:

I love that scene :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Very interesting thread. I've always thought they should have made more cantina aliens. That was my favourite scene as a kid. By the time of the last 17/15 they should have concentrated on earlier film's characters instead of Ewoks and Jabba goons. Garindan, Evazan, Wuher, etc.

To be honest though they must have done something right as we're all still here talking about them!!!

I think it would be wrong not to have so many jabba and ewok figures when there are so many playsets and vehicles for jabba and ewoks.

But yes there should have been more cantina aliens :D Garindan would have been cool, but was he in the cantina ? :?

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Darth Bobby said:

I think it would be wrong not to have so many jabba and ewok figures when there are so many playsets and vehicles for jabba and ewoks.

But yes there should have been more cantina aliens :D Garindan would have been cool, but was he in the cantina ? :?

He wasn't in there in the film, he was lurking around outside. I reckon he probably popped in for the odd pint? He would have looked cool outside the sears play set.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Pomse2001 said:
Darth Bobby said:

He wasn't in there in the film, he was lurking around outside. I reckon he probably popped in for the odd pint? He would have looked cool outside the sears play set.

Do you mean the Creature Cantina Playset ? that he would have looked cool outside ? :?

reddogblues

Padawan
Don't think this has come up yet, but how about more of the blasters?

We got the laser pistol, 3-position laser rifle, laser rifle, biker scout pistol and the rifle carry case.

Perhaps they could have also done Leia's pistol from the Tantive, Chewie's bowcaster, rebel trooper blaster, Boba Fett's blaster etc?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
reddogblues said:

We got the laser pistol, 3-position laser rifle, laser rifle, biker scout pistol and the rifle carry case.

Perhaps they could have also done Leia's pistol from the Tantive, Chewie's bowcaster, rebel trooper blaster, Boba Fett's blaster etc?

I agree they did the chewbacca bandolier strap so why the **** did they not make a bowcaster :?

Leia pistol, boba blaster and rebel trooper blaster could also have been cool :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:
r2isamale said:

I remember almost choking on my drink the first time I seen it. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:

:lol: I was a kid the first time I saw it, so I was not drinking yet, maybe I did drink milk :? :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
reddogblues said:

I agree they did the chewbacca bandolier strap so why the **** did they not make a bowcaster :?

Leia pistol, boba blaster and rebel trooper blaster could also have been cool :D
Was this not around the time that "toy" guns were seen as not toys anymore, and frowned upon?

reddogblues

Padawan
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
reddogblues said:

Was this not around the time that "toy" guns were seen as not toys anymore, and frowned upon?

Possibly, I remember reading Kenner initially didn't want to produce the guns until Lucas insisted. I would imagine if this were the case though, they wouldn't have produced any guns. As it was they were still producing new ones for ROTJ (biker scout etc), so don't see a reason to not do a Chewie, Boba etc

Pomse2001

Grand Master
reddogblues said:
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:

Possibly, I remember reading Kenner initially didn't want to produce the guns until Lucas insisted. I would imagine if this were the case though, they wouldn't have produced any guns. As it was they were still producing new ones for ROTJ (biker scout etc), so don't see a reason to not do a Chewie, Boba etc

So it could maybe be because of lucas they did not make the bowcaster ? :?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I must say I loved the ewoks and I could not see them makeing more wookies since there was only chewie in the movies :lol: But then again I loved the ewok movies :lol:

Lars, I've banned people for less than that. There is NO excuse for saying you like the Ewoks. None. They are a ****ing waste of space. The only person who 'likes' Ewoks is Han Duo, and he 'liked' them a bit too much. :?

Frunkstar said:
Wookies rather than ewoks in ROTJ, I was like 13 at the time & in all honesty, ewoks killed my love for SW right there & then at that age, loads of different wookies would have been great to collect, Ewoks - meh!

That's more like it. Let's turn this thread into the Ewok bashing tread that it should be.
Though given what George subsequently did with SW, and fact he created JarJar, maybe we should be glad he didn't create anything worse than Ewoks in the OT.

subzero

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
subzero said:
Pomse2001 said:

:lol: I was a kid the first time I saw it, so I was not drinking yet, maybe I did drink milk :? :lol:

I was about 21, but think I was actually just drinking pop though cus it was mid-day haha!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom