Vectis 25th September

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
It depends on how busy the p&p department r and if there is a back log etc. Prices r fair I guess but u won't get any bargains.
Indeed there is a considerable chunk to pay on top of the hammer price :!: Min usual 24% max 27% of the hammer price :!:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
I'm a Vectus virgin, but going to have a go this time. I remember reading about people waiting ages for their items to arrive. Doesn't bother me but just wandering how long the items usually take and what are the postage fees like?

Also do you have to pay commission to Vectus on top of the hammer price?

Yes you do. I regularly see people bidding at various auctions who clearly have no idea they will have to pay 20% + commission on the hammer price and pay way over the odds for even common items. I usually research all the lots I'm interested in before hand to have a good idea of current market value and then take approx 24% off that price to give me a rough top bid. Of course auction fever kicks in sometimes and you can't let an item pass by. :wink:

Chris

Lindo

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
olisuds said:
If you bid through Invaluable it's 30% incl VAT

Wow gone up to 30% via invaluable now eh :!:

Bad news :?
I thought it was 30% regardless because of Vectis fees? if I go to the auction house and bid in person is it cheaper?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks Chris, I've already slapped a load of bids on. Won't be going any higher though. Not suprised they turn over £6 million a year! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Thanks Chris, I've already slapped a load of bids on. Won't be going any higher though. Not suprised they turn over £6 million a year! :lol:

I've been outbid on all of my bids already! :cry: Good luck with your bids.

I thought it was 30% regardless because of Vectis fees? if I go to the auction house and bid in person is it cheaper?
Vectis is 25% inc vat regardless of how you bid, except for live internet bidding via invaluable which is 30% inc vat.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:

I got a feeling a lot of the items will go above current market value. That said, there are a few items/variants that don't pop up all the time so values can be hard to gauge. Usually with auctions like this from Vectis and the like, with a good dollop of vintage, prices go pretty high. Auction fever, fear of missing out, Vectis premium, or something similar takes hold. Will be interesting to see the results.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Mini99 said:

I got a feeling a lot of the items will go above current market value. That said, there are a few items/variants that don't pop up all the time so values can be hard to gauge. Usually with auctions like this from Vectis and the like, with a good dollop of vintage, prices go pretty high. Auction fever, fear of missing out, Vectis premium, or something similar takes hold. Will be interesting to see the results.
Don't get me wrong...I'm really pleased that I've been outbid!!!
I put them on after a few drinks late one night and looked at them the next day and thought...Sh*t, if I win all of those I'll need to rob a bank! :lol:
There's something about auctions that brings out the fever in people, sooo easy to bet carried away.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
TK-7785 said:
Mini99 said:

I put them on after a few drinks late one night and looked at them the next day and thought...Sh*t, if I win all of those I'll need to rob a bank! :lol:
There's something about auctions that brings out the fever in people, sooo easy to bet carried away.

That's the best way to bid, mate. With some lubrication. :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Mini99 said:
TK-7785 said:

That's the best way to bid, mate. With some lubrication. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BruceW

Padawan
Oh my god...

https://www.vectis.co.uk/palitoy-st...4-inch-_723654?records_per_page=24&page_num=2

665-3032.jpg

I will be envious of whoever steals this one away. She's a rare one for sure.

jared007

Padawan
TK-7785 said:
I usually research all the lots I'm interested in before hand to have a good idea of current market value and then take approx 24% off that price to give me a rough top bid.

That's exactly how I go about working out a top bid. Your hammer price needs to be substantially lower than market value to come out with a fair price.

lejackal

Grand Master
Well, I'm popping my Vectis cherry today, sitting here casually hoping I get outbid on all but one or two items so I don't have to have that conversation with the Mrs and or bank manager :lol:

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Well, I'm popping my Vectis cherry today, sitting here casually hoping I get outbid on all but one or two items so I don't have to have that conversation with the Mrs and or bank manager :lol:

Good luck Carl and try not to get too carried away :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
Bunglebubs said:
lejackal said:

Good luck Carl and try not to get too carried away :lol:
:mrgreen: I've put a spread of low ball bids so don't anticipate getting in trouble, you never know though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom