What could Kenner have done better ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:
weasel said:
Just to let everyone know, sadly Lars won't be taking any further part in this thread. I spoke to his carers and they were amazed he had managed to log on to a forum and type semi coherent messages given the sheer dose of medication he was on. They have assured me he won't be able to do it again as his new "coat" fastens up the back :wink:

Poor Lars.

Thanks mate :lol: sounds like you need some Ewok love :lol:

d2d45ae162109b3c29ff1bf2--star-wars-puns-fun-stuff.jpg

How did you manage to type that using only your nose? No way you could type with your new backwards fastening coat on. :wink:

I used the Sunstar to type it, the Sunstar is stronger than the force :lol:

sunstar38.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
elcroz said:
Kenner could have done better on certain things BUT...

Kenner also did too well / put too much effort into certain things:

I'll name just one figure, he was a ROTJ figure, he had a grey Bespin blaster, Cloth Cape, Cloth Skirt and Belt. He was only seen in the background on the film for a millisecond.

Why did they put sooooo much effort into this figure? He was literally an extra.

Feel free to add what you feel Kenner went overboard on.

PS. He is my favourite figure :mrgreen:

I agree Squid Head was one of the figures they used a lot of energy to make and we only saw him in a few seconds in the movie. It was great work. Very strange that they did that, but then again Red Snaggletooth did we also only see in a few seconds but I guess they did not use a lot of time to create him :?

reddogblues

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
reddogblues said:
They stunned R2 and then kidnapped him and 3PO, selling them to the highest bidder. Plus I can't abide them, disgusting creatures :D

I call tusken raiders and jawas neutral :lol:

I agree - they were neither rebels or Imperials, like the Switzerland of the SW universe...

In which case, it adds even more weight to the argument that they created a DSC at the expense of the Rebel Trooper, as they felt they needed more baddies.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
reddogblues said:
Pomse2001 said:
reddogblues said:
They stunned R2 and then kidnapped him and 3PO, selling them to the highest bidder. Plus I can't abide them, disgusting creatures :D

I call tusken raiders and jawas neutral :lol:

I agree - they were neither rebels or Imperials, like the Switzerland of the SW universe...

In which case, it adds even more weight to the argument that they created a DSC at the expense of the Rebel Trooper, as they felt they needed more baddies.

But the DSC looked like the rebel fleet trooper, they could have used the same head, would it
not have been easy for them to create one ? :? Could be cool if somebody from the factory had info about why we did not get that figure :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:

Now, I'm lost. What the heck is the Sunstar!?

You have to see the ewoks cartoon tv series :lol:

It is a magic rock that logray use in the tv series it is very powerful and can open gates to other worlds etc. etc. :lol: :lol:
Even the empire are after it so they can use the power :lol:

An imperial Dr. named Raygar attempted to steal it and use it to gain control of the Galactic Empire in one of the episodes, now you have to watch it :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
elcroz said:
Kenner could have done better on certain things BUT...

Kenner also did too well / put too much effort into certain things:

I'll name just one figure, he was a ROTJ figure, he had a grey Bespin blaster, Cloth Cape, Cloth Skirt and Belt. He was only seen in the background on the film for a millisecond.

Why did they put sooooo much effort into this figure? He was literally an extra.

Feel free to add what you feel Kenner went overboard on.

PS. He is my favourite figure :mrgreen:

Agree he is a mighty fine figure and one of the first figures i bought when i started collecting again, his accessories are impressive for such a background character. I think that a leia slave should have been made for ROTJ (missed opportunity there :wink: ) and a Han stormtrooper as well, why have Luke and not Han ???

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:

It is a magic rock that logray use in the tv series it is very powerful and can open gates to other worlds etc. etc. :lol: :lol:

An imperial Dr. named Raygar attempted to steal it and use it to gain control of the Galactic Empire in one of the episodes, now you have to watch it :lol:

Rrriiiigggghhhhhtttt.
I think I'll give it a miss.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
weasel said:
Pomse2001 said:
weasel said:

Rrriiiigggghhhhhtttt.
I think I'll give it a miss.

:lol: I must admit some of the episodes in season 2 could have been made a lot better, if I was 5 years old then maybe all the episodes was good :lol:

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I would have preferred cloth capes for Vader, Kenobi and the Tusken Raider, also another Vader with a removable helmet in the last 17 instead of one of the Ewoks maybe.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ChallengerFox said:
I would have preferred cloth capes for Vader, Kenobi and the Tusken Raider, also another Vader with a removable helmet in the last 17 instead of one of the Ewoks maybe.

cloth capes for Vader, Kenobi and the Tusken Raider sounds interresting, not that I agree, I like the vinyl capes :lol: but an interresting idea you have :wink:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Why did they make gas masks but not Mynocks? Would have been a simple and cheap creature to create. Then we could have spent years debating if it was relevant to a loose run or not? :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darth Bobby said:
Why did they make gas masks but not Mynocks? Would have been a simple and cheap creature to create. Then we could have spent years debating if it was relevant to a loose run or not? :lol:

:lol:

tobeshadow

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
I have never tried it on chewie, sounds like it does not fit

You got it...Chewie's neck is just too wide for the loosest setting on a gas mask! You can temporarily tack it in place but then the straps hang to the sides and he looks stupid! I agree with Darth Bobby on the lack of Mynocks too. They could have made them so easily in a soft plastic with mini suction cups so you could stick them to the Falcon! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tobeshadow said:
Pomse2001 said:
I have never tried it on chewie, sounds like it does not fit

You got it...Chewie's neck is just too wide for the loosest setting on a gas mask! You can temporarily tack it in place but then the straps hang to the sides and he looks stupid! I agree with Darth Bobby on the lack of Mynocks too. They could have made them so easily in a soft plastic with mini suction cups so you could stick them to the Falcon! :)

I think it is a cool idea, I have never thought about the mynocks and never tried the mask on chewie :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom