Show of your truly rare items

poncho

Grand Master
spoons said:
I'd missed this thread first time round but had a look thanks to the podcast. There are some amazing items on here, does Laurence own anything not rare :eek:

Vinny's C3PO can holder is my favourite piece, quite bizarre - definitely worth bumping the thread for that and all the other stuff. I'm also amazed by only 3 GG cosutmes

My rarest item is probably this transparency for the Han Hoth image on the back of the 41 cards, with 76% sizing information for the printers. Cost a lot more than that beautiful ATST transparency - that was an amazing steal!

Han_Hoth_transparency_6.jpg

Han_Hoth_transparency_8.jpg

Production 41 back

Pal_41_A_backi_zpsdvsy4n2c.jpg

thats awesome i know ive seen it before :eek: . how do display that. i assuming a small led lightbox stood on its side?

spoons

Grand Master
poncho said:
thats awesome i know ive seen it before :eek: . how do display that. i assuming a small led lightbox stood on its side?

cheers Chris

I've photo'd it on a cheap light box but have it dispalyed in one of these Muji photo frames, but not lit up

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?lan=uk&ShopSel=y&scrn=1600&wndw=1600&sec=7&sub=35&pid=5611

And nice stamp Frank

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
this is a fantastic thread,going to trawl through the lot later when I get a moment, got this little offering, just had it cased to try & protect it & even UKG said they had never seen another, I suspect it came with the dengar as thats the only mailer figure I got as a kid & this is one of only 2 remaining childhood pieces for me, so holds a very special place in my heart.

It was almost thrown out a few years back in a house move,was just about the burn the box off & though I better just check under the bottom flaps & this floated out, lucky escape that was.

Anyone else got one or even seen another?? Jason (Mr Palitoy) maybe??

IMGP0103.JPG

Not seen that before. Nice!

:)

Jason

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
My rarest item is probably this transparency for the Han Hoth image on the back of the 41 cards, with 76% sizing information for the printers. Cost a lot more than that beautiful ATST transparency - that was an amazing steal!
Yeah, but this one is even cooler as it's a colour transparency.
Great item, like the additional sizing information on it, which shows what part this is in the process.
I also used a similar kind of frame to display my transparency. Displays great I think.

spoons

Grand Master
Plastikheld said:
spoons said:
Yeah, but this one is even cooler as it's a colour transparency.
Great item, like the additional sizing information on it, which shows what part this is in the process.
I also used a similar kind of frame to display my transparency. Displays great I think.

Thanks, if those frames had a back light they would be perfect

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
naughtyjedi said:
one of these came up at vectis today.. never seen one before (sold for £1400)

i do have one

bit knackered

i have nothing rare.. but this is rareish

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

That's really cool piece, is that front side a bit faded?
Knackered or not this is awesome.
Nice to know there are more around.

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
naughtyjedi said:
one of these came up at vectis today.. never seen one before (sold for £1400)

i do have one

bit knackered

i have nothing rare.. but this is rareish

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

That's really cool piece, is that front side a bit faded?
Knackered or not this is awesome.
Nice to know there are more around.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I just love this old thread, I will think about what I have of truly rare items in my collection :unsure: and share them if I have any 😂

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Certainly is mate, there were times I didn't think I would ever finish it.
I think the same with some parts in my collection. I try to get a complete run of cardbacks for each figure with a danish price sticker on them. I still miss if I remember correct about 7 cardbacks to have a full run and it has taken me now 22 years just like you since I began in 2001 :) I do not know any collectors that has a full run yet.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thats very specific! Is it possible to even get a full run?
I have no idea. I hope I get all 96 cardbacks with danish price stickers one day. But the first c-3po and r2-d2 are extremly rare in danish childhood lots, I have never seen them with a danish price sticker after I began to collect, but I saw them in the 80s in a toy store, they were on esb cardbacks. The funny thing is most of the cardbacks I need is from last 17 :oops: the ones I would have thought to be the easy ones to find. Last year I got the chance to get r2-d2 pop up with a danish price sticker from a childhood lot. But seller got to greedy so I did not buy it. A friend of mine here in denmark have about 93 so he only need 3 but the 3 he need are also 3 that I need 😂 I think he has the most complete run so far.

I also try to complete a full run of both danish star wars fan clubs magazines from the 80s. The first one from copenhagen is completed and I also have some extra magazines. But there was
also another club in the other part of the country and I have only found a few magazines from that club. I hope one day I will complete bot run.

Last I have for years tried to complete the 4 backdrops from the 3 packs series. I have the 3 of them but the last one is not easy to find. I have never seen it for sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom