Restoring Stormtroopers

Bossk

Padawan
Is it really possible to restore those yellowing once White figures? I don't mean with a coat of dulux brilliant white by the way.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Short answer, no!
Sorry all to do with plastic degradation which is not reversible.

subzero

Sith Lord
Unfortunately one day every single white figure could very well end up yellow and there's nothing we can do about it, unless some scientific genius comes up with a solution. :cry:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
There have been various solutions put forward over the last few years, e.g. hydrogen peroxide, ozone + UV light etc.
Whilst these solutions work well in the short term, in most cases, the yellowing tends to return after time.
There is also the possibility of having a detrimental effect on the plastic, over time (not sure if this has been proven).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
There is a thread about it here on this link, but if you do it and then one day sell the figures then most buyers would love to know what you have done to the figures before they buy them http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7435

Bossk

Padawan
Ooo, just to be clear on that last post by the way. I don't have any and you will be seeing any sold by me. I sold a bunch of yellowing stormtroopers around 2 or 3 years ago (perhaps longer) and the guy I sold them to thought he'd won the lottery. He was convinced that hydrogen peroxide would turn up white again. I'd love to know what happened.

Thanks for all the posts on this guys. Interesting but as I thought (hoped :D ) would be the case.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
They will often have some of the yellow removed, but they never truly turn white again. And in most cases the limbs start to turn a pinkish colour. So it's a really a waste of time if your goal is to turn back the signs of ageing. I stay well clear of any stormtroopers, biker scouts etc that have pinkish limbs. It means someone has already chemically buggered with them and the plastic degradation may well act faster as a result. Anyway at least a yellowing stormtrooper can pass a sandtrooper, not sure how much use a pink pooftrooper is to anyone.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
They will often have some of the yellow removed, but they never truly turn white again. And in most cases the limbs start to turn a pinkish colour. So it's a really a waste of time if your goal is to turn back the signs of ageing. I stay well clear of any stormtroopers, biker scouts etc that have pinkish limbs. It means someone has already chemically buggered with them and the plastic degradation may well act faster as a result. Anyway at least a yellowing stormtrooper can pass a sandtrooper, not sure how much use a pink pooftrooper is to anyone.

Have you tried it ? I remember Imperial nut tried it with farmer luke and as I understand it he got white again and was white for a few years. I do not know if he is still white because I have not heard from him in a few years.

It could be cool to see some pictures of before and after and then again many years after to see if something change to pink as you write. I have thought about trying to test it on a beater. But I have not found 6%, 20 vol, Hydrogen Peroxide for sale in denmark :(

av6 also did a test in 2011 on a biker scout he is still on the forum, maybe he want to update us with pictures after 7 years to see how the figure looks today :?

Do you have pictures of now and after from a test or do you know any one who have such pictures ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom