SWTOTW, Week 46, 2018, Part 1/2 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (With Sensorscope)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
It's a great little figure for sure. I had one as a kid and it was a favourite. I've got a couple of nice loose ones. This is one of my favourite Mocs, my unpunched 65bk. I can't see me ever figure focusing, it's not my thing, but if I did it would prob be R2, Chewie or Han.

3D8CA0A1-0377-4627-910B-DF6EA5759E77.jpeg

BBAFBF01-720A-4DED-83C1-44B3398DCDFD.jpeg
What a beautiful MOC! Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Some lovely examples so far guys. :D
My favourite too, how can anyone resist the little shiny tin can.
I'm not a focus collector either, but do have a few examples of this likeable little fellow, in all his guises.
More MOCs did someone say, hope you like these...

3C11C75D-8053-4562-ACD2-CAFA68DCE42F.png
0B9F63E9-B08E-4DE9-A9AE-B047EBD38E94.jpeg
8CF7D3D4-5C3B-4502-B8A4-6FB22CC4BA3D.jpeg
Wow, Nick! What a lovely pair you have... so to speak! :lol:

Two fabulous MOCs and a pristine loose for good measure! Great stuff, and thanks for sharing.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
apack7229 said:
Here's what i have.
But I don't understand... the one on the left is perfect!... What went right? :lol:

Seriously though, that's a super example alongside a 'well-loved' brother, plus a great card back. Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Snaketibe said:
Ruby2511 said:
Here is my recent addition and i think a lovely example of an original and looked after R2, really pleased with him and glad to share with you guys :D

20181024_171745.jpg
Nice Sensorscope R2!

Is it just the photo (or maybe my eyes!), but is the middle (and lowest) of R2's front dome lights blue rather than red, like on the Droid Factory R2's dome? If so, I've never seen one like that before. Either way, thanks for sharing :)

Its Red, but does look blue on the first picture :D

20181116_191918.jpg
Ah!... The magic of photography :-D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, here are mine. I have no MOC to contribute, but I do have a pair of loosies.

I like visually different figure variants, and these two are different, but you do need to look closely to see it! The blue stripe on the outside of the legs is darker on the one on the right, but also, the stickers are completely different, as are the figure sculpts. Just look at the height and top of the domes, and the sensorscopes, which are very different from one another.

Lastly, I have a sealed baggied one which came with his friends in the Kenner 'Rebel Command Centre Adventure Set'.

Now With A Blue Thing! - 01.jpg

Now With A Blue Thing! - 02.jpg

Now With A Blue Thing! - 03.jpg

Now With A Blue Thing! - 04.jpg

Now With A Blue Thing! - 05.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
OK, here are mine. I have no MOC to contribute, but I do have a pair of loosies.

I like visually different figure variants, and these two are different, but you do need to look closely to see it! The blue stripe on the outside of the legs is darker on the one on the right, but also, the stickers are completely different, as are the figure sculpts. Just look at the height and top of the domes, and the sensorscopes, which are very different from one another.

Lastly, I have a sealed baggied one which came with his friends in the Kenner 'Rebel Command Centre Adventure Set'.

Thanks, I'm pleased that you like them, your loose ones are really nice and white.
I can see the differences now that you have pointed them out!
Are they made in different factories or at different times in the production time line?
I would love one of those baggies that you and Andy have, I've been looking for some time with no luck!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Thanks, I'm pleased that you like them, your loose ones are really nice and white.
I can see the differences now that you have pointed them out!
Are they made in different factories or at different times in the production time line?
I would love one of those baggies that you and Andy have, I've been looking for some time with no luck!
My apologies, I should have posted the COO's last time, but didn't. Here they are, and in partial answer to your questions, they were both made in Hong Kong, but having different COO's, stickers and sculpts, presumably they were indeed made at different times in the production timeline. As for whether they were made in different factories, I'm afraid my knowledge limit has been reached! I will throw that question to any better informed forum members reading this, and hope one of them enlightens us :)

Now With A Blue Thing 06.jpg

And here's the same image again, but this time adjusted in Photoshop to make the COO's more legible (and highlight the surprising amount of dirt on the figures! Shame on me... Now where's my damp rag? :wink: ):

Now With A Blue Thing 07.jpg

apack7229

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
But I don't understand... the one on the left is perfect!... What went right? :lol:

Seriously though, that's a super example alongside a 'well-loved' brother, plus a great card back. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks I appreciate it. As for the one on the right I can only imagine what he has seen. :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's my Childhood one, obviously missing sensor scope and my mint one that I got on eBay snout 10 years ago for £2.80! Those were the days. I'm on the look out for a Kenner 45 Back. :)

image.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:
Love that cut card Carl!

I have a baggie and recently sold a tri R2 as I wanted one in better condition

3B33AD2C-6B92-43F3-B008-3DC153A9AEE8.jpegF601E03A-9152-47D9-A66A-3D9E2095EA85.jpeg

Wow andy, that R2 tri-logo is one of my favorite tri-logo cardbacks. Did you sell it before you bought another one ? :shock:

I also like the baggie, very nice 8)

Still waiting to pick up another tri logo - and thanks :mrgreen:

I hope you find a beautiful one, good luck with the hunt :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Some lovely examples. Hope to see a few more Carded examples. Here's my loose version. I did have a few more until recently but started a little super mini focus on Yoda instead of R2.

A very mint r2, thanks for sharing it :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
It's a great little figure for sure. I had one as a kid and it was a favourite. I've got a couple of nice loose ones. This is one of my favourite Mocs, my unpunched 65bk. I can't see me ever figure focusing, it's not my thing, but if I did it would prob be R2, Chewie or Han.

3D8CA0A1-0377-4627-910B-DF6EA5759E77.jpeg

BBAFBF01-720A-4DED-83C1-44B3398DCDFD.jpeg

That moc looks fantastic, thanks for sharing pictures of this beauty 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Some lovely examples so far guys. :D
My favourite too, how can anyone resist the little shiny tin can.
I'm not a focus collector either, but do have a few examples of this likeable little fellow, in all his guises.
More MOCs did someone say, hope you like these...

3C11C75D-8053-4562-ACD2-CAFA68DCE42F.png
0B9F63E9-B08E-4DE9-A9AE-B047EBD38E94.jpeg
8CF7D3D4-5C3B-4502-B8A4-6FB22CC4BA3D.jpeg

Wow 2 awesome moc, and that tri-logo is so cool, the loose r2-d2 looks very mint. Some great items you have. Thanks for sharing them :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

thanks mate for all the great info as always :D thanks for sharing all the great pictures of this 2 r2 units and that baggie, awesome 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks I appreciate it. As for the one on the right I can only imagine what he has seen. :lol:

He is naked so he must have seen a lot :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Here's my Childhood one, obviously missing sensor scope and my mint one that I got on eBay snout 10 years ago for £2.80! Those were the days. I'm on the look out for a Kenner 45 Back. :)

image.jpg

cool that you still have your childhood r2 :D both of mine is gone :( but they also looked like the one you have after I played with them in the bath as a kid :lol: the mint one looks fantastic :D

I wish you good luck with the hunt for the 45 back 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom