Annoying buyers on ebay

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Ok this must be one of the most annoying and strangest things to happen. Someone put a best offer in for a Rancon accepted the offer paid straight away no problem then about 5 or so minutes later get a message to send to someone else and a different address. So problems there. I reply back say no problem. Then about 5 minutes later get this message:

Hi there, I'm sorry I need to retract my bid, I had posted one, to the wrong person, it has been found.. I am so sorry, would this be ok cheers

Then next message:

Hi sorry about, I have not had my head on straight these past few days.. Cheers

Honestly if it had gone missing then a refund not buy one form someone else and ask to be posted to a completely different address bloody annoying.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
More annoying thing now is, I resisted it sold for a similar price and guess what the guy hasn't paid so now had to open an unpaid case.

subzero

Sith Lord
Yeah def a big no no if they ask to send to another address, if it's just a cheapo item though that you're not sending recorded then it's usually fine because they can still scam that even when sent to the correct address. But any item of value if you send it recorded / signed for to an address that's different to what ebay has given you then they can just claim INR and you're not protected by ebay & paypal even if it was signed for by the receiver, you'll lose the case every time.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
subzero said:
Yeah def a big no no if they ask to send to another address, if it's just a cheapo item though that you're not sending recorded then it's usually fine because they can still scam that even when sent to the correct address. But any item of value if you send it recorded / signed for to an address that's different to what ebay has given you then they can just claim INR and you're not protected by ebay & paypal even if it was signed for by the receiver, you'll lose the case every time.

Thanks for the warning cheers. The guy who didn't pay for the Rancor has got back to me saying:

Hi,

Apologies, I was busy working.... Happy to proceed if you are. £36 as agreed.

L

Why wait till after the case was closed? Don't trust it some how.

subzero

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:

Thanks for the warning cheers. The guy who didn't pay for the Rancor has got back to me saying:

Hi,

L

No probs!

Well he snoozes he loses :lol: he lost out on it right there, I do the same thing personally if a buyer fails to pay after the case closes then I block them and stop all communication as they had their chance, not worth being messed around any further.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
subzero said:
StarWarsFan said:
subzero said:

Hi,

L

No probs!

Well he snoozes he loses :lol: he lost out on it right there, I do the same thing personally if a buyer fails to pay after the case closes then I block them and stop all communication as they had their chance, not worth being messed around any further.

lol indeed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom