Coalville Palitoy Exhibition

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Gutted I missed this. It completely slipped my mind. Looked amazing. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great information and stories, thanks to everyone for posting links on here.

What was the guy thinking when he tossed the Death Squad Comander across the room? :eek:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great write up Richard. Sounds like the event was a great success with so much wonderful info snippets. Would of loved to see James' face when his DSC DB Figure was tossed back to him (especially if it was one of the brittle plastic variants) :shock:

Taffius

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/conventions-events/the-palitoy-and-star-wars-story/

Richard - great read as always. Re: 3rd paragraph under biker scouts image. It states:

"...managed to acquire the license in the UK after describing the problems that Hasbro were facing"

Was it not Kenner facing the problems or did Hasbro have the early problems and Kenner / Palitoy took over licences?

Richard_H

Grand Master
Thanks Taffius,

Hasbro had overreached and were in financial difficulties. No banks would lend to them. This was before the Kenner / Hasbro merger happened so they were separate companies.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Thanks Taffius,

Hasbro had overreached and were in financial difficulties. No banks would lend to them. This was before the Kenner / Hasbro merger happened so they were separate companies.

Many thanks. I thought kenner had overreached so had to go to palitoy. Couldnt remember Hasbro input early on.
Thanks again for clarification.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jimmyshoes said:
That talk sounds fascinating. Gutted I completely missed this. Anyone know if it was recorded?

JS
Yes it was, the whole Q&A was part of episode 54 of the Vintage Rebellion pod cast.
Enjoy, really worth listening to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom