So what did you think about Solo: A Star Wars Story ??? *NO* SPOILERS

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Can't see me watching it unless it's on TV sometime. Even then I wouldn't put money on it. As it stands I'm odds on not to watch the last film whenever it comes out either. That last farce just sapped whatever lingering any interest I had in the new films that wasn't killed off by the prequels.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
weasel said:
Can't see me watching it unless it's on TV sometime. Even then I wouldn't put money on it. As it stands I'm odds on not to watch the last film whenever it comes out either. That last farce just sapped whatever lingering any interest I had in the new films that wasn't killed off by the prequels.

I think you've just come up with the title for Ep9...Star Wars: The Last Farce. :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've only just watched it and must admit it's ok, as said before better than the last offering, its got the Disney sugar coating and there was no goose bump moments but it was on the whole ok and the time went fast when watching it which normally lets me know if its above average. And you get to see a bit of Tilbury Grain Terminal at the beginning :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm about half way through the extras, watched all the deleted scenes which were good and loving the documentary's. Going to try and watch the film tonight, only watched it once! :eek:

Crumm

Padawan
I literally just got around to seeing this. Dad got the DVD for Christmas.

I thought it was pretty good to be fair, far better than The Last Jedi.

There were one or two "meh" moments, but on the whole I liked it.

Crumm

Padawan
TK-7785 said:
weasel said:

I think you've just come up with the title for Ep9...Star Wars: The Last Farce. :lol:

Or may I offer "The Farce Awakens"

Dewannawonga

Youngling
In my opinion it was the best Star Wars film since the originals, it did have its Jar Jar Binks in L3 who almost ruined the film for me but seeing it shot to pieces gave me tremendous satisfaction. It was nice to watch a modern Star Wars film without the box ticking 'right on' casting where every single race, colour, creed, gender selection, gender orientation, religion, etc is portrayed on screen.

However, what the hell did L3 add to the story? Far too much sass for a droid, obnoxious bra burning idiot who I hope never returns.

On a separate note, the Guardian reports that the movie bombed at cinemas as opposed to the other modern ones in the franchise and may not return. But I have a theory on this, I didn't go to the cinemas to watch this despite watching all the others at the cinema because I was let down in the last ones with all the left wing rubbish where every hero is a minority, I'd just given up and since watching the originals they'd spoilt the whole Star Wars experience for me. My theory is Solo suffered at the box office because die hard Star Wars fans stayed away, fed up of being let down by the franchise that they loved but was being changed for the worse. Akin to having a cheating partner but accepting them back, this was the final straw.

I just hope Solo gets another outing, I didn't think I'd like it because Harrison Ford obviously can't play the part but I liked Ehenreich. The story line was also good, unlike previous modern SW films they didn't try too hard in nodding to the originals, it was more subtle.

Does anyone else feel the same?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Dewannawonga said:
In my opinion it was the best Star Wars film since the originals, it did have its Jar Jar Binks in L3 who almost ruined the film for me but seeing it shot to pieces gave me tremendous satisfaction. It was nice to watch a modern Star Wars film without the box ticking 'right on' casting where every single race, colour, creed, gender selection, gender orientation, religion, etc is portrayed on screen.
However, what the hell did L3 add to the story? Far too much sass for a droid, obnoxious bra burning idiot who I hope never returns.

I thought L3 was great and ticked the box of female anti establisment modern women, which is a reflection of the present world. Lando, black actor, QI'RA, female lead role so think they covered the casting well with that respect. Also L3 is the reason why the MF has such a good navigation system, who would have thought it. :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Dewannawonga said:

I thought L3 was great and ticked the box of female anti establisment modern women, which is a reflection of the present world. Lando, black actor, QI'RA, female lead role so think they covered the casting well with that respect. Also L3 is the reason why the MF has such a good navigation system, who would have thought it. :)

Great post, Adam 8) Loved L3- great fun. The main reason it did badly was the marketing and release date. Would've made twice as much, had it been at Christmas. Nobody at my work even knew it was coming out, even after it had been in cinemas for weeks. Yet, several of my colleagues were complaining that there was no Star Wars at Christmas recently! Disney totally dropped the ball. Sure, the snowflake TLJ haters must've had some affect, but don't think their abstinence was the reason it bombed.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree Andy, I prefer Rogue 1 as a film but Solo has some great moments and yes Disney seem to be chasing their tails since TLJ. Sadly time is money for Disney.

Dewannawonga

Youngling
theforceuk said:
Dewannawonga said:

Female anti establishment of the modern woman? That's what the media would have you believe, or it may be true if you live in London or go to Uni.

For me L3 is a massive pain in the arse social justice warrior. Now Qi'ra is more a reflection a strong woman, I'll agree to that.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Dewannawonga said:
theforceuk said:
Dewannawonga said:

Female anti establishment of the modern woman? That's what the media would have you believe, or it may be true if you live in London or go to Uni.

For me L3 is a massive pain in the arse social justice warrior. Now Qi'ra is more a reflection a strong woman, I'll agree to that.

We both think it's a great film, so leave it at that. Welacome to the forum. :)

GLucas

Padawan
Solo is a good movie. I liked Han, a good impression and I think Harrison thought that as well. Like the spin offs because they give us more fantasy in the SW universe.

Was suprised but at the same time excited about Darth Maul's hologram at the end. Liked his performance on Rebels but would gladly see more of him in future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom