• Leave the price sticker alone

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Try to remove the price sticker

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robstyley

Sith Lord
So, I come to you for some assistance. I have this 3-PO Moc with a price sticker top right, or more accurately looks like three on top of each other. The top one's torn and it doesn't look great. I'm thinking of removing them. I do like price stickers if they're undamaged and I have a few Mocs with them on. I find them interesting and would be happy to find out more about this one. I recently got a ripped one off my Yoda Moc and it worked great. Would you leave it or try and get rid? The third photo is the same kind of sticker I saw on an AT-ST Driver on eBay.

D194C6DE-807F-4CD4-889D-33F2DD9769F7.jpeg

E232C921-BDF7-400A-A5A6-545F358B0A20.jpeg

215104CE-05BE-431C-8FC1-C3754939824B.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well neck and neck at present (1 vote each). :lol:
This will only fo one way I'm sure, but I have always voiced my opinion when asked about price stickers, and I hate them. :shock:
I know that I will be in the minority :? , and that the sticker is part of the MOCs history, but come on a MOC that looks like it did when it left Palitoy or Kenner just looks more clean?
And as for those Orange Toys R Us stickers, don't get me started!
Just to stop the purists putting a contract out on me, I always try to buy MOCs price sticker less, rather than remove stickers as no matter how careful you are there's always the danger of damaging the Litho and sticker residue. :D

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
Well neck and neck at present (1 vote each). :lol:
This will only fo one way I'm sure, but I have always voiced my opinion when asked about price stickers, and I hate them. :shock:
I know that I will be in the minority :? , and that the sticker is part of the MOCs history, but come on a MOC that looks like it did when it left Palitoy or Kenner just looks more clean?
And as for those Orange Toys R Us stickers, don't get me started!
Just to stop the purists putting a contract out on me, I always try to buy MOCs price sticker less, rather than remove stickers as no matter how careful you are there's always the danger of damaging the Litho and sticker residue. :D

I agree I dislike them as well almost as much as signatures. I think if you are skilled enough to remove it without tearing the card then go for it otherwise leave it alone as I would rather have a price sticker on something than a tear on the card.

I would only buy a MOC with a price sticker on it if I had no other option and would never attempt to remove it myself as I do not have the skill or patience.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I say leave the price sticker on, only because it says on the card that the limbs are removable, doesn't say anything about removable price stickers! :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I've always hated price stickers with a passion. I love the toys and the toys' packaging, and I can see more of that beautiful vintage packaging if there's no ugly price sticker polluting the purity of how it left the factory. If Kenner and Palitoy didn't feel the need to slap a sticker on it, then I have no problem with non-Kenner and non-Palitoy stickers not being there.

Having said that, this is of course just my personal preference. Naturally I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with people who love price stickers, and wouldn't dream of telling someone they were wrong for liking them.

What would I do with this card if it was mine? Providing I felt it could be done safely, I would remove the stickers, but the choice is of course yours and there is no right or wrong answer. Let us know what you decide! :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Just to clarify, I don't (normally) remove price stickers. I haven't removed any other than one already half ripped off one. It's only because this one is torn and a bit ugly that I'm considering it. I like the one on the AT-ST Driver, I think it's a cool sticker with the $2.68 crossed out. If you look they have each been reduced to a different price. Does anyone know where this sticker comes from? Or what the self service is all about?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Generally, if a sticker is intact I like them and would vote to leave. I do however, have a power Droid short v 20 Back Kenner card that has been graded and has a partially removed sticker on it. Because it is partially removed it is ugly and I am thinking of breaking it out of its case and removing it as there shouldn't be too many issues. I also have a couple of other MOCs that have the remnants of stickers where they have been removed by previous owners and again I am thinking of cleaning up. But in the case of yours I think there is just too much sticker area to remove and so I would be tempted to leave as is.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I'm a lover of the price sticker, it's a part of the mocs history and has been there since the 80's so it needs some respect!
If you can live with it how about taking it off and putting it back somewhere less obtrusive?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Thanks for your views on this guys. I know what you mean Scott, I agree it is part of the Mocs history. It is actually where I like them, top right. I think my main issues are the size of it, the fact its slightly obscuring the logo and ages 4 and up and mostly the fact it's ripped. Also apart from a little edgewear the card is perfect and unpunched which makes me feel like it deserves to not have a scruffy sticker on it, if that makes sense. I'm going to give it some more thought.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Thanks for your views on this guys. I know what you mean Scott, I agree it is part of the Mocs history. It is actually where I like them, top right. I think my main issues are the size of it, the fact its slightly obscuring the logo and ages 4 and up and mostly the fact it's ripped. Also apart from a little edgewear the card is perfect and unpunched which makes me feel like it deserves to not have a scruffy sticker on it, if that makes sense. I'm going to give it some more thought.

If you had a stain on your Shirt would you leave it there because it's part of the Shirts history :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I quite like a price sticker - only one I ever had was a Bossk which I bought off Rob Marsh at FF, the sticker was bang over Bossks face on the photo art, I sold it on at Echo last year in the end as it annoyed me, apart from that I've got plenty with them on and off. I've got a 20 back greedo which has one which I've considered removing but I know I'll never do it.

I agree, I don't think theres a wrong or right, I can see why you want to remove it with the rip, decision is yours just be careful not to damage that beautiful MOC.

Davaider

Padawan
Would be a Dream for me in the hobby to find a price sticker that we bought our Star Wars Mocs from "Janet's" ...

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Davaider said:
Would be a Dream for me in the hobby to find a price sticker that we bought our Star Wars Mocs from "Janet's" ...

Yeah I'd love to find one with 'Cates' on it but the shop was a very small local shop so I doubt I'll find one

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Out of curiosity does anyone add price stickers?
I've seen cards where some unscrupulous person has used a sticker to cover up lito damage.
That would be the knly reason that I could think of to add a sticker.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I have a Leia 12 back moc with a toy and hobby sticker on it. This could only be bettered by a moc with a "hobby toy" sticker on. Hobby toy was a shop in Rochdale where I bought my figures when they were released on the late 70s and 80s.

Vintage SW is all about the nostalgia for me. The stickers just add to that.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Davaider said:

Yeah I'd love to find one with 'Cates' on it but the shop was a very small local shop so I doubt I'll find one

Me too. I got a lot of my Star Wars Toys from an independant toy shop called Peter Jones in my hometown in Essex. I can't even remember what their price stickers looked like but if I could find one on an item from that shop I'd be over the moon. It's never gonna happen :wink:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It's turning into another debate about whether people like price stickers or not.. as I knew it would to some degree. Obviously the non price sticker people are going to say remove it. I suppose more what I'm asking is for those who like price stickers as I do, would you take an ugly torn price sticker off to arguably improve the appearance of the Moc or do you think even a buggered one should be left as is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom