Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome on board Mark. I think your the first member from down south. A few of us from north of the boarder.

Bollux

Grand Master
hi mark, welcome aboard, I did the same as you mate except I have nothing left of my childhood toys - I sold the lot for £20!

Ryaller

Padawan
Thanks lads. I'll try and put up some pictures of my collection if I can sort them out.

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum.
I have noticed most of the new guys are loose figure collectors. ( sensible ) :)

spoons

Grand Master
Bollux said:
hi mark, welcome aboard, I did the same as you mate except I have nothing left of my childhood toys - I sold the lot for £20!

me too, I spent my £20 on new brakes for my BMX - what a waste :(

Bollux

Grand Master
sold all my gen 1 and 2 transformers at a car boot as well!

lord knows what happened to my He-Man stuff

yes i was a spoilt little ****er! :D

Ryaller

Padawan
20backdPb said:
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum.
I have noticed most of the new guys are loose figure collectors. ( sensible ) :)

Sensible? Hardly!
Each to their own, and I can see the appeal of MOC and all that. But in my personal opinion, toys should be played with. I like being able to handle my figs.

/pervy rant over/

spoons

Grand Master
Bollux said:
sold all my gen 1 and 2 transformers at a car boot as well!

lord knows what happened to my He-Man stuff

yes i was a spoilt little ****er! :D

I was too old for Transformers - but I did have a He-Man :)

I sold loads of Action Men too :(

sith-smith

Grand Master
Welcome guys.

MOC's are great.

But I do have lots of loose ones specifically for disPLAYing :lol:

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hi Mark and Pete, welcome on board. To think all those years ago me and my brother were
over the moon with the money we made at car boots selling our Star Wars, Transformers, Thundercats, He man stuff etc... And now I'm back, buying this stuff again!! Love it

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Name: andrew (pizzathehutt)
Single/Married: single
Residence: harrow north-west london, england
Kids: None that I know of
Collecting Focus: almost done all the loose figures, just need blue snaggletooth and ev9d9, got most of the playsets and vehicles loose. just started collecting anything on a jedi card, cheap and cheerful!

Character Focus: got three yak faces so i'll say yak face, jawas and stormtroopers.

other intersests: boxing, collecting anything from the 70s and 80s, soul funk and rare groove music.

Looking For:darth vaders star destroyer, death star space station, cloud city playset, but im not paying silly money!

apart from ebay i travel around searching for vintage star wars my regular hants are: snoopers paradise(brighton) modellers loft(caterham) collectormania(milton keynes)

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hi Andrew, I'm just down the road from you. I grew up in Hayes, I work in Uxbridge and now living in Stoke Poges.

I'm similiar to you with the loose figures, I'm now about 8 figures away from complete. I don't have a character focus, but I am starting to get into my variants.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
nice one burnsy! small world, yep i know uxbridge a mate of mine was the manager of a shop in the chimes shopping centre, there was a model shop down a side road that a bloke had an old wooden box of loose figures for sale i picked up barada for £7.50 a few years ago, the shops closed down now i think.

just realised cocofstar is from lurgan (nr belfast), all of my dads side of the family live there, once again small world.

this sites opened my eyes to the variants as i only knew of the obvious ones i.e luke brown/blonde hair, leia bespin flesh/coloured neck.
im sure the more im on here the more i'll learn.

its nice to be part of the group.
cheers! :mrgreen:

spoons

Grand Master
burnsy said:
Hi Andrew, I'm just down the road from you. I grew up in Hayes, I work in Uxbridge and now living in Stoke Poges.

I'm similiar to you with the loose figures, I'm now about 8 figures away from complete. I don't have a character focus, but I am starting to get into my variants.

I learnt to swim in Hayes :D

I went to junior school in Northolt and my Gran lived in Uxbridge - nice to have a few southerners on ther boards :wink:

burnsy

Sith Lord
Bloody hell Spoons that's funny :lol: :lol:

I learnt to swim in that pool aswell. Do you remember those really high diving boards? Never had the balls to go off them when I was a kid.

What school in Northolt and where are you now??

spoons

Grand Master
burnsy said:
Bloody hell Spoons that's funny :lol: :lol:

I learnt to swim in that pool aswell. Do you remember those really high diving boards? Never had the balls to go off them when I was a kid.

What school in Northolt and where are you now??

I remember those boards :)

I went to Northolt First and Middle, the one opposite the A40, but I think its gone now. My family moved to Bucks when I was 9, and I haven't been to Northolt in a long while.

I live near Oxford now

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
It was called the swimerama, they filmed an episode of mr bean in there if i remember rightly, theres quite a famous thatched pub in northolt (cant remember its name) but a swedish girl i went out with lived right next to it, its still there i think, good times! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom