2009 review and goals for 2010

Dom

Jedi Master
Ok this may be slightly early, but im bored :?

Well after finding my Star Wars fandom again thanks to the Clone Wars, Forcecast and the cancellation of Transformers Animated and the pile of **** that was Revenge of the Fallen,here I am :twisted:

Man I have spent some cash this year and got some really cool bits. I have completed my G1 Transformers collection 84-86, almost completed my loose vintage figure set and got back on the road to getting back my droids and ewoks. I also bought plenty of the new stuff. More importnantly its been great to be back on the greatest SW forum in the galaxy!!!!

As far as 2010 goes.

1) Finish off loose collection including Droids, Ewoks and Vinyl Caped Jawa
2) Maybe get into POTF coins
3) If the coins dry up quick, then maybe get into Micro Series.
4) Really want an Ewok Battle Wagon.

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
2009 revieuw

what can i say ,but thanks and WOW :shock:
the summer of 2009 was the best time to choose to re-instate my love for star wars collecting
aswell as picking a focus and the right one i might ad

also logging in to here and meeting you guy's was great :D

2010 wants/hopes/dreams

- biker scout trem stands now high on my want grail list
- i also would like to complete my boxed speeder bike run , for me theire's only 3 left
( meccano stickerd , meccano stickered but seems to be a fake sticker :? but it looks cool :D and the palitoy 49 cents offer stickered one)

- hopefully coming 2011 i will come close to completeing my moc run ( high hopes :oops: )
- and i might start picking up some loose variations on loose vintage star wars fig

that's it what do you think 2 out of 4 would be awsome :D

Joe

Grand Master
2009 was really slow for me to start with, I didn't really nail down any nice pieces and even took a few months break.

However, the last 3 months have been fantastic as far as acquiring focus pieces !

Completed my carded US run, completed my mailers, picked up a very hard to find trilogo variation and even secured 2 different pre production pieces.

2010 Plans -

Really not sure :? I seem to be in Christmas mode at the moment and not really excited about much in the collecting world, I know whats out there for my focus and I unfortunately also know the prices so I might just sit and wait to be honest..

Still need to finish that bloody loose run though, but I don't really have any plans as far as new pieces are concerned.

*-Thanks to Shawn for all his help and friendship, without it I wouldn't have had the chances to buy some of the items I managed to get this year!

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
2009 - this year has been fantastic as far as collecting goes and i have picked up some fantastic peices. The highllights have to be the First Shot, Hardcopy, 12 back proof and the new item i have on the way from the USA.

2010 - not sure what next year will bring due to the news i have received today that i am basically being made redundant but with a settlement (still to be negotiated). Collecting will be on stop until such time that i am back in a decent job and all/any debts fuly repaid. Although when i do get back into that position i want to concentrate more on pre-production (both 2D and 3D) as well as finally get the last 2/3 MOCs that i need to complete the known Kenner Chewie MOCs.

Steve

shawn_k

Sith Lord

I've done pretty well this year with exceeding my goals.

1. Coins: I bought a lot more coins than I was planning on this year. My goal was to add 6 this year and it ended up being 12 plus a coin mailer. :shock: One of those 12 was the grandaddy Skiff coin, which I pretty much got for free, after the super secret find. Also, got a complete set of the 6 Ewoks coins thanks to Stephen and a gold A-Wing proto coin.

2. I finished off buying the cases from Oscar for my mailaway figures.

3. I added 3 baggie variations for Luke Jedi, a multipack, carded POTF, 77 Back with Coin Offer, and Kenner reference photo.

1. Coins: Finish off the basic 62 coin set and work on the Droids set.

2. Early Bird Certificate

3. Luke Jedi: ROTJ-A baggie, Loose Ledy, Palitoy MOC

4. Custom cases for my luke jedi multipack and Young Jedi Kit.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Getting back on-line and therfore back onto SWF has been great for me this year,the banter and the lads on this site mean I'll always post on here more than RS ect.

Really happy with how my Palitoy MOC collection has come along during the year,with numerous rare MOC added.

Now the proud owner of nine 12 backs,six 20 backs,eleven 41 backs and 10 45a's :D :D :D

A quick thankyou to Joe,Shawn K,Christian and others for helping me out along the way,and an extra big shout out to Gary who's probably contributed about 10 MOC's to my collection and his advice/help is always appreciated.

Focus for 2010...

Well it would be cool to finish the 12 or 20 backs but it'll depend on if they turn and the other factor of available funds.

Other than that we'll see what comes along for sale and take it from there.

e30318is

Sith Lord
2009-
The year i started collecting- Its been fantastic to get back into collecting- I used to go to car boots, longing for Luke Stormies and Rebo bands. I would only have a couple of quid in my pocket, so everything i got were beaters. Now its great to have money to spend, (Although a quick mental calculation and i think ive probably spent 50% of my wages :shock: )

2010-
I want to finish off the loose figures- i think theres 8 i need.
Finish off droids Sise Fromm and C3P0 (they fetch £80 to £100 each!)
Continue to post here!
Do i get the brown nose award?!?! :lol:

Ed

browny

Jedi Master
2009 - has been a good year for me collecting wise,got my joe collection up to roughly 95% complete (loose and mib) and have been buying up loose vintage sw figures like they are going out of fashion,also been buying dick tracey and 30th anniversary figures and aim to complete both early next year.

2010 - Finish my loose vintage collection and begin my moc film debut focus roughly feb,to complete my joe collection from 82-94 and then move onto mail away joe's and exclusives.
To complete my dick tracey collection by buying the elusive "blank" figure and to finish my 30th anniversary figures asap.

Guess thats plenty for me to be getting on with and i'l be proposing to my missus in april as well so a busy year ahead for the brown boy.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Steve, sorry to hear about losing your job mate. I hope you get everything back on the rails again soon.

In this year I have added quite a few new vehicles to my MIB collection and upgraded many, although I can't for the life of me remember which.

I've added some very nice loose figures, among which are a VC Jawa, a Red Cape Squid Head, a LL Yoda and Droids C3PO and R2.

I've also branched out into playsets.

I'm really hoping to add my holy grail: the Sonic Controlled Land Speeder. Also, some more Pali/Bi-Logo Vehicles would be nice. The Imperial Tie Fighter is first on that list. I will also be looking to buy more minirigs and playsets.

JohnA

Padawan
Steve, sorry to hear about the job.

2009:
It was pretty slow for me. I made one MAJOR purchase and a few HC parts that kind of tied up my cash most of the year. Sorry to tease but I can't actually give more details.

Other than that I added a few new chirashis and actually added a loose Jawa and 3PO to my set. Nothing major but when you're broke sometimes that's all you can buy. LOL

2010:
I still need some major pieces to fit my goal of one of every production step. Key pieces I need are:
Wood Pattern
Styrene model
and a modern SLA (stereolithography)
Wouldn't mind a piece of figure photo-art too

I'd love a Admiral Screed painted HC and I wouldn't mind a shot at a 12" ESB Han Hoth.

If I get just one of these all year I'll be happy and with CV coming up I couldn't afford more than one.

John

poncho

Grand Master
2009: completed my loose 77-85 collection after many years just waiting upon one weapon to complete a figure!
2010: sell my spare figs too fund loose vehicles and complete my vintage card back collection

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
ponchobelt said:
2009: completed my loose 77-85 collection after many years just waiting upon one weapon to complete a figure!
2010: sell my spare figs too fund loose vehicles and complete my vintage card back collection

we should talk as i want to get rid of my loose vehicles to fund my loose fig

maybe we can do some trading :D

Dom

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
I was going to ask what the hell is a chirashis? Found it : http://theswca.com/images-speci/chirashi/chirashis.html dodgy author though :p :lol: :lol:

Yeah I wondered WTF it was? Get these and not the Screed one less UDE collector for me to bid against.

JohnA

Padawan
aussiejames said:
I was going to ask what the hell is a chirashis? Found it : http://theswca.com/images-speci/chirashi/chirashis.html dodgy author though :p :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I wrote that years ago because nobody knew what the hell they were. It's BADLY in need of an update. I think I have about 35 of them now including the new movies, the Ewok movies, and even one for Star Tours. I've been meaning to bring them into work and can them since I haven't owned a scanner in years and the camera pics I took suck. I want them clear and straight.Maybe during XMas when it gets slow here.

John

JohnA

Padawan
Dom said:
Get these and not the Screed one less UDE collector for me to bid against.

Sorry dude, a LOT of people already know I want a Screed. I've had two offers already. One was too high ($6,000) and the other was part of a 3 way trade that wasn't definite and was a minimum of $5,000. I guess my days of finding one for $3,500-4,500 are gone. LOL I'll get one, it might be time though.

Are you building a set? I just want Screed.

John

Dom

Jedi Master
JohnA said:
Dom said:
Get these and not the Screed one less UDE collector for me to bid against.

Sorry dude, a LOT of people already know I want a Screed. I've had two offers already. One was too high ($6,000) and the other was part of a 3 way trade that wasn't definite and was a minimum of $5,000. I guess my days of finding one for $3,500-4,500 are gone. LOL I'll get one, it might be time though.

Are you building a set? I just want Screed.

John

With a lot of luck, a lottery win and possibly some homosexual favors :roll: In all seriousness a set is a long range goal, apart from Mungo Baobab I hate that guy!(even thogh I would buy him to get the set) To make it more interesting im going for painted first shots :twisted:

JohnA

Padawan
Dom said:
To make it more interesting im going for painted first shots :twisted:

Then you're not going for a set. ;) There's no Screed or Gaff and I'm not 100% sure but there may be no Jess or Mungo. There's been non-production color heads for all 4 that turned up but I'm pretty sure that's it and the Screed was lost in the mail about 3 or 4 years ago. You'll have to go for painted hardcopies for all. Besides, with UDEs, FSs and HCs are close in price, sometimes the FSs are even more since it's closer to production and that's what UDE collectors aspire to.

John

Josh

Sith Lord
JohnA said:
Dom said:

Then you're not going for a set. ;) There's no Screed or Gaff and I'm not 100% sure but there may be no Jess or Mungo. There's been non-production color heads for all 4 that turned up but I'm pretty sure that's it and the Screed was lost in the mail about 3 or 4 years ago. You'll have to go for painted hardcopies for all. Besides, with UDEs, FSs and HCs are close in price, sometimes the FSs are even more since it's closer to production and that's what UDE collectors aspire to.

John

Who needs the archive :)

How long did it take Gus again to get a set together?

Dom

Jedi Master
JohnA said:
Dom said:

John

From his limelight on RS Gus's set took 15 years and it's awesome. Glad there are 2 sets out there now, was planning on robbing Sansweet but now I have options

Jesus I don't even want to think what happened to that Screed. I was speaking to AJ on RS I remember that his Bondo FS paint was damaged in shipping because the weapons were in the same packet :cry: I think there is a FS Meade out there, but your right I am going to need to get hard copies. I'm still taking baby steps into this world.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom