2016 Collecting Goals / hopes and dreams.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Good luck getting all your goals everyone
I'm not looking for anything major, i will continue on my loose run, mostly last seventeen figures now, i also will continue to pick up the odd budget jedi MOC, , hopefully i'll be able to snag a luke xwing on a jedi card, i'd love that figure carded again i think thats my cheapest option
Got my collecting room nearly sorted now ,maybe i'll pick up one more cabinet to finish it off and add some wall shelves to

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Well, as autumn rolls on and Christmas starts to look firmly on the horizon I thought I would give this thread a little bump to see how people are getting on. Looking back on this I know a few of you guys have ticked off a few of the big ones on your list.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
Goals:

Add more to my R5 focus
Complete my 12" loose run
Add some more playsets

Hopefuls:

12" LL Tusken Raider
Sonic controlled landspeeder
LL Bib Fortuna or Squidhead at the right price

Good bump and I was surprised to see what I put.

Added a **** load to my R5
Still waiting for Leia accessories, Han medal, Obi saber
Not sure I bought any playsets

No TR still
No landspeeder. Why'd I put a landspeeder I haven't even been looking for one
Got a LL Squidhead last week.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Goals.
1. Get at least two more loose yodas different from the four I have.
2. Complete all loose ewoks from the main Star Wars line.
3. Lili ledy Klattu loose with the fluffy skirt
4. Boxed speeder bike (not Kenner)

Dreams
1. Trilogo yak (for a fair price)
2. Another miscard
3. Three more loose ledy figures (starting to get the bug for these little bastards now)

For me so far, the goals are like this:

1. No more yodas. I'm not sure why I wanted more. I don't think I will add to them. 4 is enough, esp with both ledy variants.

2. Still a logray and chirpa off but there's time yet....

3. Sadly not got him yet. Still on the hunt

4. I got another one, but it's Kenner. Still, it is different from my other one. Thanks Aussiejames for telling me about tray variants. Will cost me a fortune......

Dreams

1. Yeah right. Never going to happen unless I throw a ton of dough at it.

2. Now the proud owner of a Han original/Han bespin miscard, as well as a palitoy madine on a chewy card. Been a great year for me on that front.

3. Only got one. I did have 2 but I'm moving it on as it's incomplete. The one I got was a big one though. Complete removable hood jawa.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Woolyniner said:
Update: Collecting goals are:

1. Vintage backdrop for Palitoy Cantina
2. ROTJ AT-AT driver MOC
3. ROTJ Klaatu MOC
4. Mint complete Klaatu loose
5. Mint complete AT-AT driver loose

For some INT-4/AT-AT driver and AST-5/Klaatu display projects I'm working on.

1. Yes!!! Although the doors continue to allude. Tried to bid on some a few days back as a cantina package and lost
2. Nope, probably 2017 now, but you never know.
3. Yes!!! What a rare find :shock:
4. I decided my childhood one was more minty than anything I could find, so I added a weapon and hey presto!
5. Yes

Looking back not terribly ambitious.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Cool thread Jimbo.

1. Add that elusive Helix Death Star Sharpener to the collection, and other Helix bits in general.
2. MIB ESB box complete Boba Fett 12"
3. Grey limb Hoth Stormtrooper
4. Palitoy MIB Han Solo blaster
5. Complete my 12 and 20 back Palitoy cardback run.

Plus continue with my loose variant figures.

Well I managed to tick off boxes 1, 2, 3, and 4 :)
As a direct link to this thread I sorted the Grey Limb Hoth Trooper thanks to Joe who got in touch to say he had one.

As for number 5, I decided to ditch the Palitoy cardback run and sold them all.

I did also manage to add possibly one of the rarest UK items oustside of toys to my collection, the Mallow Shape box.

2016 has been a brilliant year collecting-wise for me, and it's still not over!

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Hooch said:
My goal are very achievable I think as I am down to the last few on a couple of things :D

1: Last 3 moc's I need ( Potf Luke Poncho, Rotj C3PO limbs, Tri Lumat )
2: Last 2 Potf coins I need ( Chirpa, Lumat )
3: Last 2 Ewoks boxed Playsets ( Woodland Wagon, Family Hut )

Dreams :roll:

1: Find a Potf Chase Playpack instruction sheet
2: A Rotj Ewok Proof card
3: Find some more Potf & Toltoys moc's locally for peanuts again, then I maybe able to complete the above lists so much easier :wink:

I pretty much forgot what I had in the list but still ticked off a few
1: Completed early on in the year
2: Yes and now some spares
3: Found the Wagon but still looking for the Family Hut

Dreams:
1: Still looking
2: No as I didn't want to sell my car for what they wanted for it
3: Yes and the funds come in really handy :D

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
I didn't add to this thread earlier, although the number 1 wish would have been to locate a Toltoys 20 Back Vader. That still eludes me, but I have been still able to add a couple of crackers to the focus.

Need to start a 2017 one :)

The hunt continues - always!

Pat

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some of you guys have done really well with your goals! Me, not so much :lol: What is revealing, though, is that it appears my tastes haven't changed much as those that are haven't completed are still goals for next year. Quite happy about that!

I had:

1) Complete loose run - about 5 to go - Yes! Loose, basic, run complete. Not gone down variants route and still some relatively basic variuant like small head Han to go. But I am waiting for the right figure at the right price.
2) Continue Tri-logo MOC run. Only about halfway through so no rush. Not really a goal, but yes, success :lol: probably 65% of the way there now.
3) Upgrade Palitoy Death Star Yes - but upgraded parts of the one I had and gently revived the box (will post a thread sometime) and it looks a million times better, so very happy.
4) VCJ and Blue Snag for the extended loose run No. Because you buggers that sell them want a fortune :lol:
5) Minty Mailaway display stand and an acrylic case to display it with figures Not happened :( Nice ones just don't seem to come up much anymore. I think when you get one you don't want to let it go!

Aspirational:

1) Boba Fett or a Jawa Trilogo MOC Yeah. Right. Got a carback and loose trilogo Jawa, though ;)
2) EB Cert pack and set Nope.

I'll save my 2017 goals for the appropriate thread, but the unticked ones above apply plus a few more.

lejackal

Grand Master
lejackal said:
I think these are both going to fall as a combination of goals and hopes and dreams.

1) Buy at least one 12 back, preferably Obi-Wan.
:oops:
2) Make a good start to my fledgling Obi-Wan focus
3) Complete my want to buy list

Here's hoping that December 2016 will see this lot ticked off and Rogue One being fecking awesome!
Hopefully Rogue One turns out to be a winner as the rest of this went to **** :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
lejackal said:
I think these are both going to fall as a combination of goals and hopes and dreams.

1) Buy at least one 12 back, preferably Obi-Wan.
2) Make a good start to my fledgling Obi-Wan focus
3) Complete my want to buy list

Here's hoping that December 2016 will see this lot ticked off and Rogue One being fecking awesome!
Hopefully Rogue One turns out to be a winner as the rest of this went to **** :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
2016 Goals - To complete my loose run. 3 weapons to get (R2D2 sabre, Amanaman Staff, A-Wing Pilot blaster) and an EV-9D9 left arm.

Dreams - A boxed Palitoy Imperial Shuttle

Mine not gone too well, only picked up half an Amanaman staff. Still need the rest above and a lando general cape & weapon now as well.

I got distracted with Palitoy cardbacks.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Grant_C said:
01: VC Jawa
02: Trilogo Imperial Gunner
03: ROTJ C-3PO (Limbs)
04: ROTJ FX-7
05: Canadian TIE Pilot (any MOC)

01: Success
02: Failed
03: Failed
04: Failed
05:Epic Success for ESB and ROTJ

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
steve obi wan said:
Goals ,

not to spend as much as I spent this year :oops:

maybe complete my 12" run 6 down , 6 to go

hope

to own a carded DT luke / Ben or Vader :lol:

Did finish my 12 inch run , no DT's but completed 77 loose run and bought a nice 3 pack !!! ,

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
Knocked a few items off my list this year but still have these to find:

Boxed Imperial Shuttle
Boxed TIE Fighter
Loose Yak
Loose Blue Snag
Loose Die Cast TIE Bomber
More beater MOC's

.....and with Celebration on the way who knows what else!

Well.......i've got more beater mocs at least :D

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Cazza said:
Have narrowed my list right down to give me more chance of getting the MOCs I really want and have been looking for for years:

SW Death Star Droid
SW R5D4

ESB Boba Fett (pipe dream!)

Got the first two... Boba is proving very elusive! :evil:

maxf

Jedi Master
maxf said:
1. Finish my Palitoy 12 and 20bk run
2. Add a couple more Meccano 20bks
3. Decide what I'm doing with my TIE Fighters - get more, expand into other vehicles or sell up and concentrate on Special Offer vehicles.

Also, I cant decide if to put a loose run together or not...

1. Well, I finished my 12bk run and decided pretty early on in 2016 not to go for the 20bks. If a powerdroid dropped into my lap, I'd probably change that but I'm not actively looking. So that's half a tick.

2. I've definitely added a few more Meccano 20bks - more than I thought I would. Tick.

3. I decided I didnt have room for the TIEs and they've gone now. tick.

Finally - I'm about 9 off a full basic loose run.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Great thread and enjoyed reading everyones wishes, fair few hunting Vinyl Cape Jawas

I've got some special pieces i'm looking for.

1. Complete my Orme art boxes (four to go) stunning pieces, look amazing on display
2. Loads more Poon troopers
3. Get some more really minty MOCs off a really nice chap I met in Brighton, these things are grade 90 easily, stunning
4. Maybe put some spare cash aside and send it to Deber, think she really needs a break

On a serious note the most important thing for me in the new year is to get my Man Cave up and running, I have a nice large garage which I will convert, line out and insulate properly etc. Its there, already purchased some display cases just need to get my arse into gear as fed up with buying things and then just boxing them out and not being able to enjoy them properly.

Things I want to add to my collection;

1. Complete my loose run (never get round to it and still a fair way short, will be priority)
2. Continue to buy MOCs (want every character on a card to start with)
3. Greedo items (MOCs and oddball)
4. Any Luke farmboy MOC
5. Loose complete Kenner Death Star
6. Complete Droid Factory
7. SIGMA - Not as frequent as last year but must at minimum add Threepio Tape Dispenser and Snowspeeder Toothbrish holder
8. Start a nice loose 12" run
9. Once complete loose run start a POTF2 loose run (yes you read that right)

DREAMS

would love a Yak face MOC this year

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Still not got my garage converted :oops: :oops: :oops: Although I am working on it in spare time at moment, hopefully early next year will be operational.

1. Nope - Sold most of it recently
2. Yep, been picking them up as and when, slowly slowly but it's growing.
3. Yep, added a few bits and pieces, another slow grower but happy with it
4. Nope and this was one of my main targets, need to make it priority
5. Check, purchased off the very handsome Marc Hockley
6. Nope, haven't even looked, didn't realise I was looking for one
7. Added pieces, been slower this year but got the Snowspeeder toothbrush holder and another piece I've been searching for is winging its way to me. Couple more pieces also added but still hunting that elusive tape dispenser
8. Haven't yet, keep contemplating it
9. I have indeed, only at a low price point but it has begun.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
As you've probably seen (and heard on the podcast) I have been collecting trilogos for a year or so now. I bought far more than I intended to in 2015 so I'm getting fairly close to completing the set, but I know I am going to stall at exactly the same point as I did back in 2007 - Jawa, Fett and of course Madine. It also seems unlikely I'll pick up a CCP or Hammerhead any time soon, as both have shot up in value recently (and compared to other things rightly so, they really don't show up often.)

Having done the hybrid run before I'm not so bothered about doing that again, so I would really like to add one of Jawa, Fett or Madine to my trilogo run next year, that would be a real dream and is hopefully achievable as they do come up for sale now and again. I would also like to complete my 'basic' trilogo run, which shouldn't be too difficult. Although I'm really reluctant to pay £900+ for a Yak Face considering how many dozens I've seen sell for £2-300 over the last decade.

I got the Fett :) and still reluctant to pay £900+ for bloody common as muck Yak Face :lol:

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Goals:
With the loose figures almost complete, I'm going to get as many ships, creatures and vehicles as I can.
Add some carded figures to the Zuckuss Focus.

Hopes:
VC Jawa.
Orange hair Luke Farmboy.
Maybe burgundy caped Ledy Bib Fortuna & Squidhead.

Loose figures complete. Even managed to add a VC Jawa and red caped Squidhead.

Creatures as good as complete, Rancor on the way.

Plenty of ships, still more to go though.

Added a beautiful graded unpunched Empire Zuckuss and Revenge proof to the focus.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom