A little boy who became a nostalgic man

Hi!
My name is Johan. I am a 47 years old man from Sweden.
In my childhood i played a lot with Star wars vintage figures. In the years around 1983 i was a little boy who loved to play with and collect figures and ships and more. I was a little bit different from my friends when it came to my toys. I used to put them on a shelf in a wardrobe with space between every figure just to keep them in mint condition. My ships were stored in their own boxes and i played carefully with them. Later they all got stolen in a burglary in my house.
I think it was around 2011 when i got interested in these things again and i started to collect loose figures. I got this nostalgic feeling every time i bought some new figures that i had been looking for a while.
Now i wanted to join you guys here to get to know the vintage world better. I am thankful to have this opportunity to do that.
Best regards/Johan

Welcome mate, would love to see your collection and sorry you had your childhood stuff stolen.
Hi!
Thanks!
I will post some pictures later but i am a little bit ashamed because i realize that from my first post it may sound like i have the best collection in the world. In my case i have many figures that i bought just for being nostalgic. Many without weapons.
Lately i have bought some Lili Ledy figures with and without weapons.
I enjoy the feeling when i hunt down a figure, get it home, enjoy it at home for a while before it gets a new owner or stays in my collection.
For example i got a AT-ST driver the other day. It has no emblems, can you guys tell me if it is true that there are some without emblems that can be worth a bit more than those with emblems?
I got this technical issue with my iphone, i will try to post some pictures later today or some day soon. Hope you understand.
Best regards/Johan

Welcome aboard. Plenty of like minded people and similar back stories here. You'll get on fine. Sorry to hear your childhood stuff was stolen. Most of us were just stupid and sold it all in a garage sale for less than a tenner 😬
Hi!
Thanks!
I was very sad for getting my awesome SW stuff stolen.
You can not predict everything in life. I probably would have sold mine as well.
Thank you all for being kind.
Best regards/Johan

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi Johan,

You sound like just the kind of of forum member that we love to have on here so welcome to the SWFUK 🙂

Such a shame what happened to your childhood collection, some people find it hard to continue with their passion when something like this happens so well done for getting past it when you did. I'm of a similar age and loved growing up with my Star wars figures to then let it all go and at a later point get back into it. I've learnt so much since joining this forum and met some amazing people so I'm looking forward to seeing your collection and hearing from you on here from time to time.

Ian

Hi Johan,

You sound like just the kind of of forum member that we love to have on here so welcome to the SWFUK 🙂

Such a shame what happened to your childhood collection, some people find it hard to continue with their passion when something like this happens so well done for getting past it when you did. I'm of a similar age and loved growing up with my Star wars figures to then let it all go and at a later point get back into it. I've learnt so much since joining this forum and met some amazing people so I'm looking forward to seeing your collection and hearing from you on here from time to time.

Ian
Thank you!
It was sad but life goes on(y)
Sounds great that you got back into this!
I imagine here is a lot of knowledge.
I will post some pictures in a while.
Have a nice evening!

Hi again!
Finally a couple of pictures!
I suspect that this is not the right thread for pictures?
You must be proud of me(did not manage to get the pictures right).
About the bootleg in picture nr.4, is this of interest in your world or do you wish to not see them?
The Lili Ledy Stormtrooper has got a blue/green blaster, Kenner i think?
Pictures from the left: 1.My UKG and AFA graded stuff. 2. Some of my Lili Ledy stuff. 3. Teebo coo Taiwan and Logray coo Macao. 4.Bootleg, do not really know from where, Poland?
Next time i will try to get the pictures right, sorry.
Have a nice evening!

Attachments

• tempImage9VD3xL.png
    tempImage9VD3xL.png
    985.1 KB · Views: 47
  • tempImageIrhKvi.png
    tempImageIrhKvi.png
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • tempImagebgfm3t.png
    tempImagebgfm3t.png
    781.7 KB · Views: 46
  • tempImageZBVFZv.png
    tempImageZBVFZv.png
    966.3 KB · Views: 51

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome aboard Johan, I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of the forum. Lots of like minded people/collectors on here. Members on here are always happy to help with advice for a fellow collector

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom