A little laugh for variant collectors ;)

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I saw this the action figure archive book and it made laugh

DCAM0352.jpg

DCAM0355.jpg

DCAM0354.jpg

Grant

Sith Lord
Jay I think its referring to the mould and not the accessories because if it was on about DT sabers etc it would rank up near the top of the list as far as variants go.

On a side note the Co author of the book Josh Ling once sold me a carded figure and he was a gem of a guy to deal with.

Grant. 8)

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Grant said:
Jay I think its referring to the mould and not the accessories because if it was on about DT sabers etc it would rank up near the top of the list as far as variants go.

On a side note the Co author of the book Josh Ling once sold me a carded figure and he was a gem of a guy to deal with.

Grant. 8)

Oh don't get me wrong the author is a sound guy and i have had this book for years now prior to the big boom in variant collecting i was merely pointing out the shift and changes in the hobby.

Variant collectors will tell you the Vader figure its self saw a ton of mold / paint variations let alone the sabers which came in a number of variantions as well without even considering the DT's!

In fact there are so many Vader variations it can be hard to catalog and keep track of them all.

Here are some from Coco's website

http://www.landoslocker.com/range_starwars/darth-vader.shtml

Jay

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
In it's defence, it's not a bad book for the average collector.

Blonde hair/ brown hair, big head/ little head, teeth/ no teeth, flesh neck/ turtle neck....and so on.

It's as far as most of us go with variants, but when you see the above pic, it's a fair point :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
THAT is what I don't get about variant collecting!

I can totally understand the different hair colourings, turtle neck/flesh neck, big head small head. Even different cape colours etc. BUT when your down to COO markings or raised bar thingys, where you can only actually spot the different by looking bloody closely at the figure.............that's when I just don't see the attraction!

Each to their own obviously, and I'm still impressed by some of the collections you variant deviants have, albeit they probably don't mean as much to me as they do to your fellow variant fans.

Grant

Sith Lord
weasel said:

I can totally understand the different hair colourings, turtle neck/flesh neck, big head small head. Even different cape colours etc. BUT when your down to COO markings or raised bar thingys, where you can only actually spot the different by looking bloody closely at the figure.............that's when I just don't see the attraction!

Each to their own obviously, and I'm still impressed by some of the collections you variant deviants have, albeit they probably don't mean as much to me as they do to your fellow variant fans.

I second what Weasel said. Once it starts getting into Coo and no Coos and raised bars etc it been taken a step to far. A variant to me is just what you guys have already highlighted. Hair colours, head moulds, different sabers etc. my 2 pence worth. :D

Grant. 8)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The Coo, no Coo, raised bar etc usually indicate a hair colour or mold variation. But yep we are a crazy mob :lol: It's still cheaper than going for all the different MOCs, but then again orange hair luke etc. cost a bit :wink: And clear boxes with toys inside are not much fun to play with :p

Lafos

Jedi Knight
weasel said:

That´s the reason I don´t care about variations. except Imperial Commanders and Mr. Fett.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom