Am i being too picky??

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
They must be joking, no way is that any compensation :shock:
I'd send it back for a full refund including return postage, I wouldn't accept less as they didn't disclose the problem in the auction but clearly knew about it.
I'd claim the money back from customs as well and you shouldn't end up losing very much.
DSD's do appear fairly frequently so just wait for the next one to come along, it shouldn't be too long :)

spoons

Grand Master
Jukesy said:
We can give you a $50.00 in store credit for the problem with your order. Let me know what you think.

I'd be tempted to take the money - though it would be better if you didn't have to spend it in their overpriced shop. Sending it back will mean you're out two lots of postage and the customs - the customs you paid seems very high, what did they state as its value?

If you took the money you could always sell it on, I reckon you could get Ã'£100 even with the lifting bubble, you shouldn't be too out of pocket.

Although I'm not a huge fan of AFA I think they come into their own with figures like this. You'd assume that one day all bubbles will fall off but if they're in an AFA case you know that the figure has never been removed.

If it were me I'd take BT's money and keep the card.

How about telling them you'd take a $75 or $100 refund and see what they say?

Still doesn't change the fact that Brian's Toys seems to be trying to rip you off :evil:

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Shocking mate. Surprised they haven't offered you a full refund as per their policy:

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/custom.aspx?id=3

Nail em'!

lee gray

Sith Lord
It is 100% there fault for not disclosing the fault

That is dodgy and I would say illegal... as using the afa number to sell something in a condition that it is no longer in....... if regraded would defo not got an 80 again.... might only be 250 bucks but its no different than paying 20,000 bucks for a mint card vlix and when you got it the legs had fallen off and had actually fallen off before the buyer sold it to you

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Basically in a nutshell my reponse

'Hi Jason,

Im sorry to say that this is totally unacceptable, you knew about the severe bubble lifting yet you didn't mention/disclose this information in the listing and therefore your selling faulty goods against an AFA 80 rating which in truth wouldn't grade that highly next time. Im also unwilling at this present time to return the item as i will loose out on two sets of postal charges and also customs fee's, the only way that i would consider keeping the item is if you were to offer me a $100 refund/credit (not in store).

All in all im very disappointed in the level of service and aftermarket customer support for a company of your stature.'

Lets see where we progress from here.

Thanks all for your support/help in this matter.
Kris

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Nicely thought out response. Can't see that they have a leg to stand on. Nice to see someone take them to task over something... their shipping charges are nothing short of extortionate compared to the likes of Cloud City. Keep us updated :)

lee gray

Sith Lord
Bollux said:
best of luck mate!

failing that we can pay to ship Jabba over there and he can sort them out for you
Yeah ship him over with a crate of beer and no one will mess with him :)

I think 100 dollar refund is very reasonable in the circumstances

a couple of times when i have brought items from the states and the seller tries to make me wait i always feel like saying to them if i can afford to pay all this money for a toy i sure as hell can afford to pay for a plane ticket and come over there and kick **** out of you but some how i never got around to it :)

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Well looks like Jabba's not needed this time around to sort them out :(

Received two emails, firstly:

'Dear Kristopher,

I have been updated on your current situation and I apologize for the confusion and dissatisfaction. I understand that there was bubble lifting on the AFA item you ordered and you would like a $100 refund. I will agree to the $100 refund. It was never and is never our intent to mislead customers regarding any items on our website and on eBay. If you ever have any questions or would like close up photos of items we can definately make those accomodations. Once again I apolgoize for all of this, please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Joshua
Customer Service Manager'

and secondly from Brian himself:

'Kristopher,

Thank you for the purchase and email. Josh and I spoke earlier, and he has emailed to accept your $100 refund offer.

I was out at C4 in LA until today, and was unable to check email until now. Josh did not have access to the pictures that you sent, so he did not know that this "note" was on the figure's description.

I will speak with our ebay sales manager about ensuring that these "notes" always appear in the ebay auctions. This one was obviously overlooked.

One thing, this is the condition the Death Star Droid was in at AFA, so we believe that if it was re-graded it would grade the same. AFA does not seem to grade down that much for bubbles lifting (at least not below 80). We notate it on our website because some customers (such as yourself) are quite concerned about bubbles lifting.

We sincerely apologize for the problem that this has caused you. Let us know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Brian Semling
Owner'

So do i accept???????

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I'm with Spoons. I'd be inclined to accept.
You can't really turn round and say you want $150 dollars now!

Although.........they don't actually say if it's a $100 store credit your getting. Make sure you get the refund and not store credit (after all a $100 item with them is worth about $50 elsewhere!)

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
It looks like they want to do the right thing so if that suits you then go for it. It would save a lot of hassle :)

Interesting point about AFA and lifting bubbles though, thats something I've not heard before :?

lee gray

Sith Lord
]I have a couple of afa figures graded 90 where the bubble got a 90 too and you can clearly see under a good portion of a corner of the bubble it is no longer stuck down and i bet if you slid paper under it it would go all the way through which in all honesty it should be downgraded for that but some of afa policies are a bit strange anyways

yeah 100 is a good enough to get back

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Well i finally receieved my $100 dollars / Ã'£50 today (call if Ã'£47 after bloody paypal had there share :evil: which i think is wrong) so at least that pays for the customs/part towards shipping. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom