Am i being too picky??

Jukesy

Sith Lord
At the end of April i purchased a AFA 80 21-back Death Star Droid from Brian's Toys for a pricey fee, on receiving the figure yesterday i notice a yellow sticker on the front saying 'Bubble Lifting, significantly at top', basically its only the bottom half thats keeping it on but they didn't mention anything of this in their listing. Im not too happy with the money i have paid and the customs charges so do you think im being a little too picky or do i have a case with them?

Thanks all,
Kris

DSD.JPG

DSD2.JPG

DSD3.JPG

DSD4.JPG

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
mate i would definitely get a refund, that's well out of order!

pisses me off when people think an AFA grade means they don't have to describe any flaws :evil:

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Thanks all, do you think i should open up a paypal claim straight away??

Ive notified them by email but do you think this would get them to hurry up and take it seriously?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
opening a claim before giving them a reasonable time to respong usually only pisses people off and makes them less helpful. give them a few days, just make sure it's within paypal's limit (30 or 45, can't remember)

but yeah they've been seriously cheeky there. in fact all their ebay auctions have no descriptions, i nearly bought a figure that looked mint in their photo but in fact had a massive bubble crack down the side. if i hadn't have asked, i would never have known!

cloud city seem to give much better photos/descriptions/service.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Theres no way I'd accept that from anyone let alone a dealer like them but I'd give them a few days to reply as they will probably be at Celebration IV in LA. I have no doubt that they will sort it out. Your best bet would be to give them a ring at the start of next week and speak to Brian direct. :wink:

lee gray

Sith Lord
As everyone else has said brians toys are taking the piss

If i brought something from a reputeable dealer like that with the prices as high as they are and then the added custom fees and opened it up to see that label i would have been pissed as hell

if however it would have been like that before it had gotten the afa 80 grade then would be a different story but when damage has happened afterwards, it has to be mentioned

Only twice have I seen them add extra description to items

once was with an afa 95 b wing pilot stating that it was graded on the single tier and if regraded would not get as high a grade again

plus one other time when the mentioned that the bubble had started to turn yellow since being graded

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm with the others Jukesy, that's well out of ****ing order.
I'd be demanding a refund, and probably kicking up a fuss about the customs charges you have had to pay to get it.

Though you should give them a few days to get back to you, they are all off at Celebration what's-it, hence they unlisted all their items. Any problems I've had with them before (selling me something they had already sold) they have refunded me and given me a discount on my next purchase.

As Edd says Cloudcity do seem to be better, and cheaper!

Jukesy

Sith Lord
"Hey Kris,

I am very sorry to hear about the condition you received it in. If you would like to send it back to us, we will issue you a refund.

Thanks,

Justin"

What about customs charges :?:

What sort of refund/outcome would you find acceptable if i was offered any?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Jukesy said:
"Hey Kris,

I am very sorry to hear about the condition you received it in. If you would like to send it back to us, we will issue you a refund.

Thanks,

Justin"

jukes who has sent who that post :?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
If you send something back for a refund you should be able to get back the VAT and Duty you paid from HM Customs as far as I know. Just keep all your paperwork including the original charge label from the box, customs slip, the invoice, return postage details etc. You might not get any Parcelforce/Royal Mail handling fee back but you should at least get something of a refund (I had a similar issue a while ago - let me know if you need the contact details for the customs dept). Brians Toys should pay for your return postage costs in the circumstances as well. :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Darth Wensleydale said:
If you send something back for a refund you should be able to get back the VAT and Duty you paid from HM Customs as far as I know. Just keep all your paperwork including the original charge label from the box, customs slip, the invoice, return postage details etc. You might not get any Parcelforce/Royal Mail handling fee back but you should at least get something of a refund (I had a similar issue a while ago - let me know if you need the contact details for the customs dept). Brians Toys should pay for your return postage costs in the circumstances as well. :D

Took the words out of my mouth! (Well, apart from the having had a similar problem recently).

Jabba, that was Jukesy typing the email he must have received from Brians toy's, it took me a second to figure it out as well! :lol:

Let us know how you get on Jukesy.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Jukesy said:
"Hey Kris,

Thanks,

Justin"

This was from BT's

path

Padawan
Hi,
just a question: I looked at Brians Toys website and I guess you bought this one:
http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SV3C2DEATHSTARDROIDC9%2b*AFA18135349

Look at the description: Vintage SW Death Star Droid AFA 80 (Bubble lifting) (C80 B80 F85) #18135349 - Actual Photo

Did they add it after your purchase?

lee gray

Sith Lord
It works if you add ---> *AFA18135349 on the end of it of pasting the whole sentance inc the afa number
http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SV3C2DEATHSTARDROIDC9%2b*AFA18135349

obviously if you did buy it from the store then it might be your fault then unless you brought it from an ebay auction of theirs that didnt have that other info

Star Wars > Vintage Star Wars > 4" Figures > 4" Carded Figures > AFA Graded > AFA Star Wars

Vintage SW Death Star Droid AFA 80 (Bubble lifting) (C80 B80 F85) #18135349 - Actual Photo
SKUSV3C2DEATHSTARDROIDC9+*AFA18135349
Sold Out
Estimated Availability: Unavailable

Your Price $249.99

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It could be your gettin the error message that comes up when Brians Toys unlist/remove something from their site. That's what I'm getting when I clcik on it.

Means either they have taken it down cos they sold it to Jukesy or because they have taken everything not sold to Celebration thingy.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
You expect better than that from a dealer as well know as they are. Plus they overchcarge aswell so you really dont expect somthing like this to happen.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
It was an ebay auction Item number: 170105964733

No mention of bubble lifting and i have received this response today

'Hey Kristopher!

We can give you a $50.00 in store credit for the problem with your order. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Justin'

Personally i find that laughable and i paid more than that in Customs charges!
I don't know what too do, i need a Death Star Droid but is this one worth keeping for the amount paid or send it back and lose money/have all the hassle?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom