Andy Preston's showcase - British SW memorabilia

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks guys for the feedback, that's great to hear.

The store display boxes are some of my favourite items, there's so much nostalgia there! I can remember going to the newsagents to get my chews, and my stickers - there were lots of us at school collecting the Empire stickers and it was great doing swaps in the playground and getting a few more to put in my book. It was such a great feeling to get to the point where I could send off for the last few to complete the book!

How I got the Chewbar box is one of those stories, I never used to believe people who come out with this sort of thing. I was up in the loft going through old boxes and I came across a box containing the Chewbar box, a Palitoy Dip Dots set, a pack of Helix pens and a few other bits that I never knew I had. I must have bought them years ago, perhaps around the time one of the kids was born or when we moved house, and hurriedly shoved them in the loft and forgot about them. I had to pinch myself, I felt like Indiana Jones uncovering lost treasures! Sounds ridiculous I know, but it's true - all of it...

Ian, so sorry to hear you got rid of a Chewbar box and VCJ for a fiver - we've all got a story like that! If you have any spare Chewbar wrappers I'm in the market for a blue and red one, as mines not in best condition. If you're ever minded to sell please let me know?

Thanks again, Andy

Palifan

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
Thanks guys for the feedback, that's great to hear.

The store display boxes are some of my favourite items, there's so much nostalgia there! I can remember going to the newsagents to get my chews, and my stickers - there were lots of us at school collecting the Empire stickers and it was great doing swaps in the playground and getting a few more to put in my book. It was such a great feeling to get to the point where I could send off for the last few to complete the book!

How I got the Chewbar box is one of those stories, I never used to believe people who come out with this sort of thing. I was up in the loft going through old boxes and I came across a box containing the Chewbar box, a Palitoy Dip Dots set, a pack of Helix pens and a few other bits that I never knew I had. I must have bought them years ago, perhaps around the time one of the kids was born or when we moved house, and hurriedly shoved them in the loft and forgot about them. I had to pinch myself, I felt like Indiana Jones uncovering lost treasures! Sounds ridiculous I know, but it's true - all of it...

Ian, so sorry to hear you got rid of a Chewbar box and VCJ for a fiver - we've all got a story like that! If you have any spare Chewbar wrappers I'm in the market for a blue and red one, as mines not in best condition. If you're ever minded to sell please let me know?

Thanks again, Andy

Great stories Andy and I can't remember which wrappers I have but I'll have a look when I get the chance and be sure to let you know should I want to part with one.

Such a great collection :D

Ian

olisuds

Sith Lord
Andy I love your website. You've got some really cool things on there. Particularly love the stationary, school supplies and food items. Somethings I haven't seen in years - It's like a museum of childhood

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palifan said:
Great stories Andy and I can't remember which wrappers I have but I'll have a look when I get the chance and be sure to let you know should I want to part with one.

Cheers Ian :D

Thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Quick update today.....

Action figures - Added several Kenner vehicles, playsets, and display stands, and DT Luke figure. Updated descriptions to carded Palitoy figures.
Household - Updated Recticel Sutclifffe playmat and added ROTJ Smile money bags.
​Food - Updated Deeko collection photo.

I've also added a Latest Updates page.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Updated again today with several more Palitoy and Kenner playsets and vehicles, light-up Vader store display, and a few more pieces as noted on the Latest Updates page.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I've done some more minor updates locally, a few new items listed and a new Fan Club page added.

All new changes are noted on the 'Latest Updates' page.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
Great site Andy. Some beautiful updates. I was unfortunately too young to remember going to the newsagents to pick up stuff or swapsies in the school playground. The first time I remember doing something like that was the 1985 Goonies bubble gum or candy cards, and later getting the complete Dandy Bubblegum Cards for the 1986 World Cup. I would of sure liked to have been 5 years older and growing up Star Wars good and proper :D

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
A few more updates recently... I've created separate pages for Action Figures and Accessories, and added a load of loose figures along with a few more vehicles and playsets, and some non-toy items, all the details on the Latest Updates page.

My favourite update though is the new 'Childhood' page where I'm going to post photos and memories from back in the day. So far I've put up some old family photos and my old Star Wars photo album from 1982/83, my own effort at continuing the Star Wars saga using photos of my action figures in the garden. One of my most cherished collectibles!

https://www.ukstarwars.com/childhood

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
See me speechless. What an amazing collection you have.
The childhood pics are the cherry on the cake.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks guys. The childhood pics are precious, they bring back so many great memories. I really enjoyed doing these in the 80s!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Those childhood pics are absolutely priceless and without doubt the coolest BITD pics I've seen in a long time. Wow!

So cool to still have those images, must bring the memories flooding back. Great work on the continued development of the site too Andy 8)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thank you Bobby :D

A few more updates recently, all listed on the Latest Updates page https://www.ukstarwars.com/latest-updates

- More vehicles and playsets
- A few childhood drawings
- Additional items in Production, School Supplies, Print Media and Food pages

Any feedback is always appreciated :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom