Andy Preston's showcase - British SW memorabilia

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Hi all,

I've been working on a website to showcase my collection, partly for my own benefit as I'm unable to display anything at present, and I thought this would be a good way to catalogue and view what I've got.

The link is http://www.ukstarwars.com/

It's very much a work in progress; there's still a lot of stuff that I need to post, and I'm intending to update it regularly as I get new items in, and as I get the chance to dig more pieces out for photographing.

Please feel free to have a browse and post any feedback here, thanks.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the heads up and link. I enjoyed taking a look through the pages and seeing your excellent collection.

Many thanks for sharing :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great stuff, fantastic collection and great way to display it if you have to keep the majority of collection in storage.

Congrats, very nice 8)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Also, if anyone spots any errors or typos please let me know, there must be some I've missed.

Cheers, Andy

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thoroughly enjoyed looking through those pages, Andy. Lots of pieces in there that are dear to my own heart, such as the Gamester magazine, Cliro bubble bath, Shreddies, TV Times etc. You have a fabulous collection that encapsulates Star Wars in those formative early years. How about some more pics from the Mayfair?! :lol:

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
That's brilliant Andy!
Thought about doing something like this for years but never got around to it, very well done indeed and will be taking a better look in the cold light of day.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Forgot to mention the masks- they look in fantastic condition! I wonder how many complete sets there are out there?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Really well done Andy, a great collection and something of an inspriration for me, and a cracking website which is easy to navigate and nicely documented. You have some incredible items, some I've not seen before. It's great to finally see your collection on display - albeit online.

I had no idea you forst saw SW in Stoke too! Which cinema was it? The ABC in Hanley? Or possibly the Odeon further up the road?

Keep up the good work and look forward to coming back to visit the site on a regualr basis!

stu70

Padawan
That's a fantastic collection, particularly as it's based on UK merchandise, lovely Helix and Cliro collection, I remember pestering my mum when I went shopping with her for "that one because it's got Star Wars on it". Not sure it always worked though, but did used to get the Dairylea and Shreddies Star Wars promotions. Thanks for sharing. :)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks so much for the feedback guys, that's really great to hear.

I hit on the idea of a website as a way to virtually display my collection - at the moment it's all in storage so access is limited and there's no easy way for me to enjoy it. I'm glad it's also interesting to a few others.

SublevelStudios said:
I had no idea you forst saw SW in Stoke too! Which cinema was it? The ABC in Hanley? Or possibly the Odeon further up the road?

Mark, I've no idea which cinema it was! My family lived west of Stoke, my Gramp in Halmerend and my aunt, uncle and cousins in Audley, and my Dad took us kids to see Star Wars when we were up on a visit - it must have been a quiet day as we weren't regular cinema goers. From Mum's diary I know it was August 13th 1979 - it would have been whichever cinema was still showing it at the time.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I've been working on a big update this weekend - revisions made and new items added to most of the pages.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Just been looking in more detail at some of your collection Andy, and reading the information etc. It's great. It's a bit of an education for me as I'm into the toys and figures but I know very little about a lot of the other products. If you continue with this I see it becoming somewhat of a guide as well as a fine collection. I'll be back here again for sure :)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Cheers Rob!

That's partly the idea. While it's very much a personal project (as the only way I can display my collection at present), I thought it might also be helpful to set out a bit of info about each piece, and what else there is to collect in the line, as something of a reference guide.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Lovely Andy :) where on earth did you find the Chewbar box??

That is a great collection and truly screams vintage.

Palifan

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
Lovely Andy :) where on earth did you find the Chewbar box??

That is a great collection and truly screams vintage.

What an amazing collection you have Andy and the site is really nicely put together.

I'm glad you spotted that ESB Chewbar box Lee as it's the same one I used to keep my vintage figures in growing up. I ended up selling my figures with the box to my friends brother for £5, it even had my childhood VCJ in there :roll: .Oh well, if only I knew.

I still have some Chewbar wrappers I kept and some Star Wars ones so it was nice to see the box the Star Wars Chews came in as I didn't remember it. I also forgot that I had an FKS ESB stickers box for a while that became my new star wars figure box for a short while. I don't think it worked as well as the Chewbar one for me so I changed it back at some point.

It's amazing the things that we remember from yesteryear and seeing some of these images really takes me back.

Big thanks from me Andy for posting this up :D

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom