Another Vintage Star Wars Toys Spotting in Scotland

PGowdy

Grand Master
A vintage toy display (all most all Star Wars for some reason) at the Glasgow Transport museum. And no, i don't have any idea what these were doing there either. :?

IMG_1678_zpsa7b71bbf.jpg
IMG_1672_zps4d05f40d.jpg
IMG_1677_zpsa78805c8.jpg
IMG_1676_zps294b7089.jpg
IMG_1674_zpsead739a3.jpg
IMG_1675_zpsf70bc6b0.jpg
IMG_1670_zps428de07a.jpg
IMG_1673_zps6d52a92f.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is awesome.

My local TGI Fridays has a Millenium Falcon on the wall. Only thing is they've put a screw right through the middle!!

TC-14

Sith Lord
This is jogging the old memory bank... I remember that game above the ZX Spectrum :D A great display, a real feast for the eyes.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
My mate sent me a picture message when he went down there earlier in the year - "here you like SW, check this out"
It was definitely a bit random! and totally wasted on him!

mumbo

Sith Lord
SW link, Space travel. It's a great looking collection and a ZX Spectrum 48k, my first computer. Anyone for Horace goes skiing :D

TC-14

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
Anyone for Horace goes skiing :D

Good call, Mumbo :lol: I had to draw a 'flowchart' in my computer class (BBC Micros all round, kids) in my last year of school (1984), to demonstrate how to make a cup of tea. Not content with going down the traditional route of stencil and arrows, I illustrated a step by step guide using Horace as the protagonist... complete with pixelated edges. Took me bloody ages :?

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Can't believe I missed the speccy :shock:

I think the speccy is in the cellar Mumbo :wink:

I think we once spent all day coming up with funny Horace games... :oops:

mumbo

Sith Lord
Martin the Horace obsessive :lol:

There's no chance of that Spectrum working, it was never the same after one of us hit it with a hammer :roll: Can't remember who though :wink:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I played Skull on an emulator recently.

Still absolutely **** it when the skull appears round the corner. :eek:

The game makes more sense playing it as an adult but I still have not got a clue what its about. :lol:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Ive got 5 different speccys in the loft but none of them work properly as mentioned already they took a pounding and the keyboards are all now u bends but i recently lifted them up and they look great on display :)

Memories, Pyjamarama & Everyones a Wally by Mikro Gen, Sabre Wulf, Atic Atac, Underwurlde, Alchemist, Alien 8 and anything else by Ultimate play the game, Kokotoni Wilf and Saboteur by Elite, Ghostbusters by Activision, Tir Na Nog, Horace & the Spiders, Skool Daze & Back to Skool, and of course, let's not forget the greatest game ever made, ..........BOOTY by Codemasters!!!

x-pack

Grand Master
Cool 8) Everyone's got an At-At except me :cry: There's a similar thing in Edinburgh, a toy museum. Only thing is it's a toy museum with not a single piece of vintage SW in it. ****ing shite. They did have a Raleigh Burner though 8)

PGowdy

Grand Master
x-pack said:
Cool 8) Everyone's got an At-At except me :cry: There's a similar thing in Edinburgh, a toy museum. Only thing is it's a toy museum with not a single piece of vintage SW in it. ****ing shite. They did have a Raleigh Burner though 8)

Yes, i've been there too. They have a tiny little window with vintage 70s and 80s stuff but no Star Wars. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom