Anyone watch the Vectis auction today?

sith-smith

Grand Master
I watched.

Nothing made me go 'wow :shock: :shock: :shock: ' either.

I think Palitoy has been greatly overplayed, oversold and over hyped recently.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Here you go

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewSearchLots.aspx?Search=star+wars&Dir=2&id=0&ref=0

Edit dont think link works

I too was underwhelmed this time. I think its because we have been spoilt recently with soe fantastic pieces up for auction?

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Some samples

Palitoy Star Wars Princess Leia Organa 3 3/4" figure on a 12 back B card, AFA graded C70 B85 F80 overall 70EX plus.
Price realised: £850

Palitoy Star Wars Jawa 3 3/4" figure, on a 12 back B card, AFA graded C85 B85 F85, overall 85 NM plus.
Price realised: £680

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Han Solo (Bespin Outfit) 3 3/4" figure Near Mint to Mint, within Excellent (base is slightly crushed and top seal has had an area of regluing but figure has not been out of bubble) upon Near Mint 30 figure back card.
Price realised: £600

Palitoy Star Wars Darth Vader 3 3/4" carded figure, Mint, within Near Mint to Mint bubble upon Near Mint 12 B back card.
Price realised: £1600

Star Wars a pair of vintage Baggies including The Emperor and Nien Numb, both are Mint, Nien Numb is still factory sealed and the Emperor is sealed within bag with sellotape to one end. (2)
Price realised: £25

Palitoy/General Mills Star Wars Return of the Jedi Tri-logo Rebel Commander 3 3/4" figure, Mint, within Good (crushed) bubble upon Fair to Good 70 figure back card.
Price realised: £10

Palitoy/General Mills Star Wars Return of the Jedi Biker Scout 3 3/4" figure, Mint, within Excellent Plus bubble and Excellent 65 figure back card - figure 5 notation neatly in ink to rear.
Price realised: £40

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit) 3 3/4" figure, Near Mint, within Excellent Plus (slightly yellowed) bubble upon Excellent Plus un-punched "Become a Star Wars Bounty Hunter" stickered card - rear has neat ink notation 33 to corner.
Price realised: £800

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Princess Leia Organa 3 3/4" figure, Near Mint within Near Mint bubble upon Excellent Plus un-punched 45 figure back "Become a Star Wars Bounty Hunter" card.
Price realised: £1600

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Lando Calrissian 3 3/4" figure, Mint, within Near Mint bubble on Excellent Plus "Become a Star Wars Bounty Hunter" front with 45 figure back un-punched card.
Price realised: £800

A lot of crushed cards didnt sell..

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
i have it down as did not sell..

Glasslite Star Wars Droids Vlix 3 3/4" figure, Brazilian issue, left leg has stamping copyright L.F.L 1985, base of feet have hexagonal holes, apart from wear to paint this is a very, very rare figure in any condition and has been graded by UK graders, 70 overall with 70 figure and 65 paint.
Lot not sold

Kenner Star Wars Special Action Figure Set, 1979 vintage, including Villain Set No.39470 "This band of evil enforcers tried to crush the rebellion against the Galactic Empire". Sand People, Boba Fett and Snaggletooth, each is Mint, factory sealed within Near Mint to Mint bubbles upon Good Plus un-punched special 3 pack box, there are slight tears to front face.
Lot not sold

kvavik

Jedi Knight
So the vlix and 3-pack did not sell? I thought they had a very high starting price, compared to Vectis usual low estimates. Also I had problems with their homepage, had to see it through artfact.com this time.

theslider

Sith Lord
Some nice bargains to be had - some carded figures went for around £15-£20. Even with the obscene charges that's still pretty cheap.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Isn't that 3 pack one of the more common ones? It wasn't great quality either so spending more than £3k after fees would need a buyer with very deep pockets.

What did the 12 back 3po go for? AFA 85s go for about £600 normally?

I remember seeing a UKG 85 jawa going for £1k on ebay so £680 looks decent value on that one?

I'd have loved to buy the Leia 45a, but £1600! :lol: it looked very nice quality, but isn't that a lot for a first 12 on a 45a?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
The 3 pack is mine guys. Trying to raise some funds for my wedding. The 2.5k reserve I had on it also takes into account the fees my end. In terms of rarity, I wouldnt go as far as to say it was more common. The only sets I would refer to with any use of the word common would be the second series sw creature set and the series 2 ESB bespin set as these do pop up every few months. The last two public sales of the villains set with fett from what I remember were:

Afa 70 - $3050 - Japanese seller in 2012 (approx £2000)
Afa 85 - $6600 - ebay last year I think (approx £4000+)

The set is in afa 70 Condition in my opinion. As a point of interest, afa seem to be more lenient on three pack grading because they are notoriously easy to damage. Although this is not one of the most difficult 3 packs to get it is still a tricky set to get hold of. The fact it has fett adds appeal and few collectors are willing to part with theirs. I hope this helps to shed some light in the situation.

Chris.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
The 3 pack is mine guys. Trying to raise some funds for my wedding. The 2.5k reserve I had on it also takes into account the fees my end. In terms of rarity, I wouldnt go as far as to say it was more common. The only sets I would refer to with any use of the word common would be the second series sw creature set and the series 2 ESB bespin set as these do pop up every few months. The last two public sales of the villains set with fett from what I remember were:

The set is in afa 70 Condition in my opinion. As a point of interest, afa seem to be more lenient on three pack grading because they are notoriously easy to damage. Although this is not one of the most difficult 3 packs to get it is still a tricky set to get hold of. The fact it has fett adds appeal and few collectors are willing to part with theirs. I hope this helps to shed some light in the situation.

Chris.

Sorry Chris, when I said common I didn't mean they were 'common' as such, just that they are less rare than some of the others, particularly the other two you mentioned. 'Common' doesn't really apply to 3 packs :wink:

Good luck with the wedding plans anyway, can't you just buy a smaller cake or something and keep it? :lol:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Caswellbot said:

Chris.

Sorry Chris, when I said common I didn't mean they were 'common' as such, just that they are less rare than some of the others, particularly the other two you mentioned. 'Common' doesn't really apply to 3 packs :wink:

Good luck with the wedding plans anyway, can't you just buy a smaller cake or something and keep it? :lol:

No worries bud. ;) It might come to that! Lol. Let's hope they all like Kipling fondant fancies

Herosolo

Padawan
Was this the Big Palitoy auction they were talking of a few months back?
Like others have said very underwhelming. I was after the trilogo Leia, but £600 was too much for me!

theslider

Sith Lord
Herosolo said:
Was this the Big Palitoy auction they were talking of a few months back?
Like others have said very underwhelming. I was after the trilogo Leia, but £600 was too much for me!

All the Leias went for big bucks - one hell of a limelight.

simoncardwell

Padawan
Captainsolo1978 said:
I can't see prices. What did the Kenner ESB 1st pic Leia Bespin go for?

I won this figure for £100. quite pleased with the price really, won 2 others too.

Picking them up tomorrow - vectis is a 15 minute drive from me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom