Ben Kenobi sabre - legit???

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Thanks in advance for your help :D
Right i've had this sabre for a couple of years and im not sure if its legit. (ITS NOT A REVALVEIT)

Firstly it floats, but i know this aint reliable as most of my other sabres sink with the exception of a couple and they are all legit!!!

This one came with a beater Kenobi which i have long got rid of. The colour is a very light blue,its a very flexible pastic. It has a flat transition tip and the tip is very thin. The hilt is whats bugging me. its very thin, a lot thinner that all my sabres.

The sabre in question is the top, the two beneath are genuine

IMG_0296.jpg

Heres the Hilt

IMG_0297.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Could be a clipper sabre. Grant and Iain were having this discussion at the weekend about a Darth Vader sabre. That one seemed a lot smaller than other.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Hey Chris whats the coo for a Clipper, just checked my beater box and the figure is still there.
ive confirmed that the variant is 4 on wolffs list.
Also the sabre is quite loose in bens arm.

Thanks for helping mate
cheers

Neil

James has a sabre similer to my sabre on a white haired palitoy ben.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi, have you tried UV light on the saber ? If it glow in the dark then there is a big chance that it is original. But again not a 100% chance as I have heard some original sabers does not glow under UV light.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Hi Lares, the red and yellow work well under uv, but the blie tend not too in my experiance. I Think that some taiwan issue sabres do not glow under uv.

Neil

Pomse2001

Grand Master
CRAZYHAZY said:
Hi Lares, the red and yellow work well under uv, but the blie tend not too in my experiance. I Think that some taiwan issue sabres do not glow under uv.

Neil

Hi Neil, my blue sabers glow under uv light. When I compared them to a repro saber. I have also heard about the Taiwan sabers, but I have never seen them :?

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Hey Lars the two bottom sabers ,which have come from a hong kong coo, had a very faint glow under the UV but the top did not!!!
I guess the jury is still out on this one, the sabre looks very similer to variant 1 on the TIG weapons guide
The hilt just bugs me and the sabre sits loose in bens arm. That said when i try all my other sabres they are too tight in this variants arm :? it seems the top one is the correct sabre for this variant.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
CRAZYHAZY said:
Hey Lars the two bottom sabers ,which have come from a hong kong coo, had a very faint glow under the UV but the top did not!!!
I guess the jury is still out on this one, the sabre looks very similer to variant 1 on the TIG weapons guide
The hilt just bugs me and the sabre sits loose in bens arm. That said when i try all my other sabres they are too tight in this variants arm :? it seems the top one is the correct sabre for this variant.

I have some sabers I have found in some old childhood collections, they does also not always fit in all arms. Some are more loose than others.

I have the same problem with red,yellow and blue sabers. Some are more loose than others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom