Boot fair finds...

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Easter bank holidays loads of Booties on this weekend, always find a few SW things lets see what tomorrow throws up.

Whats are your best SW Booty finds????

Frunkstar

Grand Master
God I miss the boot sales, only thing I do miss since I moved away from the chaos, so I wish you luck finding some great SW items, these are my best 2 booty finds ever -

IMGP6818.jpg

77 back R2

IMGP7278.jpg

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cool finds Frank!

I did a few car boots last year and managed to sell a lot of modern stuff i'd acquired in my early years of collecting - all for a very decent price, and I managed to sell a bulk load for a nice profit to one guy.

Never really gone looking round car boots myself as the wife won't let me leave her alone for too long!

People are like vultures the minute you turn up - even looking through stuff in my car boot before it's been unloaded! :lol:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
They are awesome finds Frank! I have find some rare modern pieces for dirt cheap prices. In terms of vintage I found a Last 17 R2 and Barada for £20 8)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
silver grin said:
People are like vultures the minute you turn up - even looking through stuff in my car boot before it's been unloaded! :lol:

Aren't they just, I used to do CBS's on a regular basis to try to keep my head above water, but ended up parking the car up & walking round looking for stuff till after it was all set up, as if there is something I just can't deal with its ignorance & its just not on when folk start rummaging through stuff as you try to unload or even worse while its still in your car :eek: , used to drive me to distraction as no matter how politely you ask them to leave alone till your set up they simply will not listen & although its crap, its my crap till I choose to sell it & if I say no I bloody well mean it, so glad I have only bought at car boots for the last few years as the selling side of it became quite stressful TBH.

end rant - felt good to get that off my chest :lol:

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
I nearly had a fight between two blokes in the boot of my car one time! One guy had rummaged through one of the boxes and found a few of the "darth tater's" and the R2 version and had put them to one side when another guy came in and picked them both up. Talk about having to calm down grown men holding toys!!!

Joe

Grand Master
The only time I ever sold at a boot sale much the same thing happened, we turned up at 7:30am and as soon as we had the car parked, the tables set up and a few boxes out the mob had descended. Unfortunately we had a bunch of DVD's, CD's and electrical stuff as well so they just wouldn't **** off. I didn't sell anything to them though as they were all low balling then walking off.

At lunch time we walked around and had a look at the other stalls and at least 5 of the guys that had been hassling us in the morning were there selling stuff they had bought from others on their own stalls! Talk about flipping in front of peoples faces!

****ing awful and I said I would never do one again, I remember the days where that didn't happen and it made for a much nicer atmosphere, you could also turn up late in the day and still find yourself a bargain. These days if you aren't there when the gates open you might as well not go.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Your lucky I did have a fight at the booty once, some huge gorilla thinking he could pull a fast one on me, but it was such a stupid situation at best & I ended up having to swing him round to avoid him falling (& subsequently crushing) his own small child, the human race never ceases to amaze me & we like to think we are the hight of civalisation :lol: :eek: bring back the dark ages :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I know of a guy who found 70 MOC figures at a boot sale a few years ago... :oops:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
If you actually unloaded 70 MOC out of a car boot they'd be a scrum and I guess many would get damaged or nicked(again)...

:lol:

Jason

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It would be quite good fun/cruel to take, say, Gary's collection to a car boot sale, set it all up, watch people literally fight to the death just to get near you, and then just say "sorry, these aren't for sale!"

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:
anyone find anything this weekend just gone! i meant togo to the rhyl one but weather was crap

Yeah weather ****ed me over too. This Sunday is going to be huge though... :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
I know of a guy who found 70 MOC figures at a boot sale a few years ago... :oops:

Edd, I know a bloke in the States who was going to hire a digger and find tonnes of SW stuff burried :wink: :lol:

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
PIGCITY said:
ponchobelt said:
anyone find anything this weekend just gone! i meant togo to the rhyl one but weather was crap

Yeah weather ****ed me over too. This Sunday is going to be huge though... :roll:

NOTHING A FEW SHITTY EPSIODE 1 PIECES... :(

jackabina

Sith Lord
for sheer increase in value, this find has to be up there.
IMG_4496.jpg

purchased for 20p.
expected worth £50-£80
will update when it sells (cheers pete) :twisted:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
been to a couple near us .i tend to find that most people think just cause its got star wars on it ,its worth a fortune and love telling em that beat up weequay they asking a tenner for iis worth 50p lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom