Break for freedom

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hi guys. It's been a while!

Since selling up my carded a long time ago, I started collecting loose figures again with the intention of getting the first 79. Which became the whole 96! I finished the run last week with the addition of pop up R2 and Luke stormtrooper.
However, after buying a few last 17 described as original mint, I got caught with a couple of repro blasters and figures that weren't mint when in hand.
Anyway, I bought 6 of them graded for fairly decent prices. And here is the problem. I need to free them from their acrylic coffins but am worried about damaging them. Has anyone successfully removed figures from a graded case?
Apologies for the long ramble.

Thanks

Lee

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Lee,

Oh yes. Take your time, use a junior hacksaw (or similar) carefully on the joins, then use pliers to break off / pull open the Perspex pieces :)

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Mr Fett is much happier now that he can stand with his friends :)

Load of Bullochs - 01.jpg

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Jeremy

Lee77

Sith Lord
Thanks for the tip. I actually tapped a small screwdriver into the joint on the rear, then used pliers to slowly break it out. Took a minute or so for each one. Only pain was the gunner and a wing pilot had the guns in another small acrylic box.

Before
96031ECE-6AD9-43D9-AF06-358D7D3D7953.jpeg

During

7153EEEA-45C9-4DB1-BD7C-BE07489E27A9.jpeg

And after with the rest

2CAED4E9-6E41-45C3-9E4B-F455ADC321EF.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great work Lee, now they look as god intended :)

Congratulations again on finishing your run, not an easy task when you get close to completing but well worth the journey.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom