Burt Reynolds has passed away

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
spoons said:
bosk70 said:
Always remember " the longest yard" as a kid, not seen it since, thought it was called mean machine, but that was his nick name or the teams name??, not really into American Football, but loved the film as a kid, must re watch it, to see how it stands up now, remember shouting mean machine , mean machine around the play ground,
I think he always played Burt Reynolds in his films though
good actor, RIP,

Mean Machine was its UK title - Vinny Jones did a remake :shock:

I loved Burt as Richard Chubby in My Name is Earl, bit of a niche role as I've not seen in mentioned in any obituary :lol:

thanks for the info Spoons, so I'm not going mad as I thought it was mean machine, bet the Vinny Jones one went straight to video :lol:
Saw most of the Earl episodes don't remember that, was he in more than one episode ?? do you know what season?

spoons

Grand Master
bosk70 said:
spoons said:
bosk70 said:
Always remember " the longest yard" as a kid, not seen it since, thought it was called mean machine, but that was his nick name or the teams name??, not really into American Football, but loved the film as a kid, must re watch it, to see how it stands up now, remember shouting mean machine , mean machine around the play ground,
I think he always played Burt Reynolds in his films though
good actor, RIP,

Mean Machine was its UK title - Vinny Jones did a remake :shock:

I loved Burt as Richard Chubby in My Name is Earl, bit of a niche role as I've not seen in mentioned in any obituary :lol:

thanks for the info Spoons, so I'm not going mad as I thought it was mean machine, bet the Vinny Jones one went straight to video :lol:
Saw most of the Earl episodes don't remember that, was he in more than one episode ?? do you know what season?

no problem, I knew it as Mean Machine too but saw the longest yard mentioned in an obituary which discussed the name change.

rather embarassingly I quite enjoyed Vinny's efforts :oops:

Burt was Little Chubby's dad who first ran the strip club, and who wanted Catalina to do her 'Jump' act again :D Season 2, Jump for Joy

He was only in one or two others as he shot himself doing vodka shots form a gun. Little Chubby was in far more episodes. I love My Name is Earl - one of my all time favourite Randy quotes: He's not just drunk, he's uncle Roger drunk :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Always loved films like smokey & the bandit & cannonball run, he will be missed, I thought the new take on the classic was fantastic & a nice homage to him with the Bandit edition trans am - want one!!

Bandit.jpg

Just saw this posted elsewhere & had me in bit's :lol: :lol: -

41141815_1138794966272340_6881938218502062080_n.jpg

:lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom