Can there be life on Yavin 4 in reality?

Piter 021

Greetings, I often rewatch Episode 4 and Rogue One. It shows Yavin 4. Lots of vegetation. The theme novels show lots of animals, bodies of water and such. Conditions are similar to Earth.
However, Yavin-4 orbits near the large parent planet Yavin. This planet has powerful gravity and more than 20 other moons. I have a question about tidal forces. Let's imagine that everything happens in reality. In the Yavin system (the parent planet itself + the moons) there are powerful mutual physical forces at work. Could these forces create a tidal force on Yavin-4? And this tidal force would not allow the rebel base to be created, nor would the complex life shown in books and movies arise?

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Interesting subject to talk about but for me the heart of Star Wars and its enduring legacy isn't in the science It's the visuals, the characters, and the wonder. I'm sure some of the planets are scientifically plausible but In most cases, no one really knows for sure.

Piter 021

There are laws of physics. At least the modern level. Look at the situation from this level. In the 80's there were battles on such topics. But today they rely on the outer shell. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom