Cancelled Ebay Order

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
This really pisses me off :evil:
Just won a US Ebay auction a couple of hours ago and the seller has just cancelled the order.

First time I've experienced this.
I haven't paid, thankfully.
Is there any course of action I can take or have I just got to take it on the chin?

I've contacted the seller, but doubt if I'll get a reply.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
You can report the seller and neg him if he doesn't reply with a satisfactory explanation. As far as I know there is nothing else you can do I'm afraid.

Very frustrating and you have my sympathy. If a seller wants a minimum price then start the auction at that price.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Andyclarke said:
You can report the seller and neg him if he doesn't reply with a satisfactory explanation. As far as I know there is nothing else you can do I'm afraid.

Very frustrating and you have my sympathy. If a seller wants a minimum price then start the auction at that price.

Thanks Andy.

Just had a reply:
"I really do apologize. It turns out my partner sold it already. I will be picking up another one shortly and will be listing that one on here."

I've ran that statement through my Lying C*nt Translator and it came up with:
"I'm gonna relist exactly the same item and hopefully I'll get a lot more for it. In the meantime, go f*ck yourself!"

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Unbelievable, I think that's even worse than not replying. Neg neg neg!

Can we have a link to the auction? Best we all know who the seller is.

Kenner76

Padawan
I'd forward that response to ebay. The seller should be encouraged to send his "other " one to you for the price of your winning bid. Unfortunately, Ebay could care less about their customers.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I think your universal translation device is working at optimum efficiency mate, sadly I don't think you even get to neg him if you did not make payment, I canceled a transaction once like this & was worried I'd get negged but don't think they buyer can unless payment has gone through, BTW I only canceled as the buyer was not UK based & I clearly marked my item as no international postage, just in case you were thinking I am a **** too :lol:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Kenner76 said:
I'd forward that response to ebay. The seller should be encouraged to send his "other " one to you for the price of your winning bid. Unfortunately, Ebay could care less about their customers.

Thanks, mate.
Gonna report him/her using the Sellers Non-Performance form and then leave it at that. Just ain't worth the hassle.

Frunkstar said:
I think your universal translation device is working at optimum efficiency mate, sadly I don't think you even get to neg him if you did not make payment, I canceled a transaction once like this & was worried I'd get negged but don't think they buyer can unless payment has gone through, BTW I only canceled as the buyer was not UK based & I clearly marked my item as no international postage, just in case you were thinking I am a **** too :lol:

BIB Nothing could be further from the truth, Frank. The size of your cuntness has never been in doubt :D.
Not your fault the dumbass couldn't read.

Crazy that there's no neg option. I read somewhere that originally the Buyer had a Refuse Cancellation option, but even that has disappeared.
The lunatics have taken over Ebay Towers, by the sounds of it.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
What a ****. I would be inclined to wait until his next auction and maybe set up a dummy account. Bid the **** out of everything and then tell him you want the purchases cancelled as your partner spent the money elsewhere. Tell him you have some more money coming in but you will be spending it on other auctions. What's good for the goose and all that.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
What a ****. I would be inclined to wait until his next auction and maybe set up a dummy account. Bid the **** out of everything and then tell him you want the purchases cancelled as your partner spent the money elsewhere. Tell him you have some more money coming in but you will be spending it on other auctions. What's good for the goose and all that.

:shock: :lol: sounds like a great idea

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:

That does sound like a good idea :twisted:
I'm not usually the nasty and vindictive type (I usually reserve that for One Direction members), but this sort of thing really does grip my ****.

Going to see if she relists the original poster and then take it from there.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I never knew a seller could just decide he doesn't fancy selling an item because it went for less than he'd hoped. I thought they had to go through the chirade of pretending it got lost in the post.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom