Collection past and present.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Thought I'd start a fresh thread as my collecting has slowed to a screeching halt of late. Still picking up the odd Yoda item here and there but at the moment I'm happy with what I have and will probably keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

Loved the way Jorn (Tundra) did a history of his collecting so I thought I'd do a similar thing.

Here's where my collection was at back in 2011 when I first joined the forums.

100_5923.jpg

It then migrated into some Detolfs.

100_6121.jpg

Which of course meant I needed to fill them with more SW stuff.

100_6547.jpg

New home meant a new display.

100_6810.jpg

Decided earlier this year to streamline the collection so I sold off all of my boxed/loose ships and playsets plus any MOC's and Reseals that weren't part of the first 21 or Yoda.

This is where I'm at now.

First up the Loose collection, only kept the boxes for Jabba and the Dewback plus two ROTJ carded figures that remind me of the one's I had as a kid.

cabinet_zpsba4a8202.jpg

Next the first 21 on opened or cut bubble cards, hope to soon start on another cabinet for these that will compliment the one for the loose collection.

1_zps054535fc.jpg

2_zpscd4d0f4a.jpg

3_zps06a6b03f.jpg
4_zps8eb9469b.jpg

5_zpsd0b41cfb.jpg

6_zpse2812721.jpg

7_zps7bf47971.jpg

And last but certainly not least my little Yoda focus.

My loose figures, only foreign variant so far is the Lili Ledy. Love all of the different shades of green you can find with this figure.

0rangesnakes_zpsfe381fbd.jpg

yodabrown_zps5c260378.jpg

Baggie.

baggie_zpsd47e0a3d.jpg

MOC.

First Row, Kenner 32 back, Toltoys New Zealand 32 back, Canadian Kenner 32 back.

yod1_zpsa9918520.jpg

Second Row, General Mills German 45 back, Kenner ( alt pic ) 77 back.

yod2_zpsd34b9b98.jpg

Misc Yoda items.

Yoda Puppet, Yoda Shampoo bottle, Yoda pencil topper and Yoda Golden Fleece petrol station promo sticker.

Misc_zps54a0634b.jpg

Cheers Ryan

itfciain

Grand Master
Fantastic mate - it is great to see the changes in the past few years and you have yourself now a beautiful looking collection

Those reseals are fantastic and I didn't realise there were than many different colour Yodas !

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Cheers fellas,

Thinking back my first purchase on the forum was from you Iain, the mighty Blue Snag :lol: . Probably the only figure I can recall where I got it from.

Love the TT Stormie too Jorn, if I ever see another your on speed dial mate. Thanks for the idea of doing a retrospective on my collection too bud. Really enjoyable looking back at what you once had, all those bloody impulse buys :lol:

Thanks Pomse seems like forever ago it looked like that.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Haha, impulse buys does give me the tingles, but they're short lived! :lol:
Would love to have a TT stormie, but would have to be a reseal, couldn't afford a MOC at the prices TT goes for.... :p

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Wow Ryan that's an awesome collection :D I love the yoda focus. The light box display is ace, do you have special lighting in it??? And I like the Rat Fink piece in one of your pics, I remember I had a rat fink skateboard when I 1st started skating :D

Cheers

BlueDog

Sith Lord
:lol: Yeah the, Oh **** what have I done feeling, when you remember that bills also needed paying. Doh.

I've done a rough calculation and even being conservative on prices if I was to own the same 21 on sealed examples I'd be looking at a minimum of over $21,000 :shock: :shock: :eek:

Reseals are good. :D

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Cheers June, just used a LED light strip to light the box up mate works great. You can also dim and change the colours if you wish. Easy to install and you can cut it to your desired length.

Yoda comes in many shades of green so I'm discovering, it's great as even if it's not an actual variation the colour differences make them all look individual.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great to see the history of your collection Ryan! I really love the reseals/cut bubbles, some of them look unopened. It seems like you made the right move streamlining your collection as it does become hard to display them at some point (well unless you have some spare space). I think I'll do the same at some point but I'll be sure to take a fair few photos of them before I do so.

Fantastic collection!! :D

Ian

Wild Whiphid

Padawan
Nice transformation! I really like the look of that first display you got. A bit cramped, but neatly displayed.
That last display for loose figures is very cool as well.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Like watching your baby grow :? great stuff :) how you've managed to let go of such quality items, it's not an easy thing to do and I struggle to let go of just my loosies :lol:

Your craftsmanship on that cabinet is quality 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Awesome Ryan

Love the journey, aspirational for us noobs :D

That display cab you put together blows the deltof s out of the water IMO 8)

Love the Yoda focus very cool

Thanks for sharing bud, love it

poncho

Grand Master
like the love for the little green man :)
i like your 2011 cabinet pic i bet you were always rearranging it lol
top draw on your whole collection bud 8)

TC-14

Sith Lord
Great to see the evolution of your collecting over the years, Ryan. Your re-seals are a real treat, they look stunning... and I love to see those various worldwide logos, superb stuff. I was going to ask you where you got your latest display cabinet... but now see you've made it yourself! Hats off to you, Sir- you've done a mighty fine job :D

Martin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom