Crystal clear Palitoy DS canopy, real or repro??

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I saw this I have never seen one so crystal clear it does like like a modern repro to me and £400 He does give a bit of an unsure disclosure that also sets alarm bells off.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I too have never seen an original crystal clear! If somehow guaranteed 100% authentic he could poss get an outlandish price for it, but I'm thinking repro all the way!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow is that what they're supposed to look like, even in the 90s they always looked like a beer bottle :LOL:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here are a couple that I own and they are both supposed to be original and to my eye they do look to be the same sculpt but very different in colour (also there is the slightest discolour to the clear one).View attachment 106070View attachment 106072
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2570.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Oh and the edges on the ebay one doesn't look right to me, especially when you look at the ones I posted.

Ian

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Thanks for the share Ian. Yeh a genuine example would have a tinge to it at best. My mate too had a lovely example that had sat in storage for over 30 years and his canopy was like your best example-slight tinge.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the share Ian. Yeh a genuine example would have a tinge to it at best. My mate too had a lovely example that had sat in storage for over 30 years and his canopy was like your best example-slight tinge.
Good to know that your friend had one as well as did wonder about it for a while but can see no sign that it's a repro. Also I bought it on here years ago from a forum member so that keeps my faith in this forum at 100% (if you're an ass then you won't last long on here with the great members that there are!).

Now the question is do I try to get £400 for it lol!

Ian

kingshearer

Jedi Master
It hasn't even got those circular marking at the bottom of the large circle.
Mine's quite discoloured too, can they been cleaned using for instance baking soda?

Palifan

Sith Lord
It hasn't even got those circular marking at the bottom of the large circle.
Mine's quite discoloured too, can they been cleaned using for instance baking soda?
I'm not sure you can really do anything to reverse the yellowing with these and it does look like they will all go this way 🙁

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm not sure I'd want to risk trying to reverse the yellowing on a Palitoy Death Star canopy! The things are so damned expensive and flimsy, I'd be loathe to try any chemicals on mine! It's discoloured, and that's the way it can stay ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom