Dave Prowse - now you see him, now you don't. Thanks UKG

spoons

Grand Master
Big shout out to Steve at UKG who cased my TIE Bomber and removed some tragic graffiti as an extra. Whatever your views on grading, UKG or bizarre 80 graded Death Star Droids, Steve is a top man

Some people pay £30 for Dave Prowse's sig and some pay £30 to remove it :)

Its left a bit of an indent but that looks worse in the flash - Goodbye Cliff :twisted:

Die%20Cast%20TIE%20Bomber%202_zpsx10qxtxv.jpg

27_08_15%203_zpshvqdkxt7.jpg

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I can never get my head around people doing this. Even less so when the item is not even related to the character (although imperial...but even that is a stretch.)

Looks way better.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't understand this either. Looks great now and like you say Steve is a top man. I have delt with him only once but he was brilliant to deal with and can't recommend him or UKG enough. :)

I did get my childhood Boba Fett ROTJ cardback signed by Jeremy Bulloch last year, but I think something like that is different. :?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Lovely result and piece there mate 8) u must b well chuffed Steve managed to sort it :D

Ha! Old Dave is supposed to b the big attraction at some 3rd rate fake SW convention in Manchester later on this year :wink: :wink: :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
I did get my childhood Boba Fett ROTJ cardback signed by Jeremy Bulloch last year, but I think something like that is different. :?

Wouldn't argue with that :)

palitoyjunky said:
Lovely result and piece there mate 8) u must b well chuffed Steve managed to sort it :D

Ha! Old Dave is supposed to b the big attraction at some 3rd rate fake SW convention in Manchester later on this year :wink: :wink: :lol:

:lol:

Cheers chaps. I was a little torn as Dave won't be around for ever and I would like his autograph just not on vintage :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Holy ****, that looks much better!

Why the hell anyone would want DP's auto on the BACK of a rare item like this beggars belief, it really does. Monumentally stupid. Thank your lucky stars the ink was metallic and not too heavy and on a gloss surface - relatively easy to remove and looks like Steve did a top job.

Prowse, as nice as he is, has been doing signings since the early 90's at least, I remember him at Cheshunt in 92. We used to joke he'd sign his own death warrant for £15. There must be thousands upon thousands of his signatures out there on all manner of crap.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is a lovely piece. What fool had Prowse scribble on it?? A cardback? Sure. A modern MOC? Hell yes. A vintage MIB/MOC? Goddamit no! On FB a guy's trying to sell an ESB Boba MOC. Not in bad condition at all, other than someone had Jeremy Bulloch scribble on it :(

Great work by UKG and great call having it removed. That looks lie a great example. Any chance of a shot of the front, too?

spoons

Grand Master
stratpack said:
Just kidding. :D Its a no brainer that it was a modern card!

:lol: - I was worried

ScruffyLookingNH said:
Great work by UKG and great call having it removed. That looks lie a great example. Any chance of a shot of the front, too?

Cheers scruffy

The bubble was damaged in transit and got a couple of nasty cracks so Steve built a frame around it to keep it all in one piece.

cracked front pre-Steve

Die%20Cast%20TIE%20Bomber%201_zpsyqrathi7.jpg

and on display

27_08_15%201_zpsaoqrmevn.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Excellent, thanks for the photos. Good job by UKG there. Looks superb and now you know it's well protected. And look at that! You've got a loose one you no longer need...... :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
spoons said:
theforceuk said:

Wouldn't argue with that :)

palitoyjunky said:

:lol:

Cheers chaps. I was a little torn as Dave won't be around for ever and I would like his autograph just not on vintage :)

Well that's is Spoons, I have in the past got people like Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Dave Prowse, and Jeremy Bullock to sign acrylic cases for me with the MOCs in so u get the best of both.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Looks good mate, however i would have removed the signature for free had you covered postage. Being an autograph collector im removed many dedications on photos. I know what can and cant be used to do this :D

Anyways, great piece.

spoons

Grand Master
Thanks all - and thanks Lee. Steve did remove it for free really. The £30 was for casing :)

spoons

Grand Master
palitoyjunky said:
Well that's is Spoons, I have in the past got people like Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Dave Prowse, and Jeremy Bullock to sign acrylic cases for me with the MOCs in so u get the best of both.

I'll stick to photos :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom