Droid factory parts kenner vs palitoy ?

spoons

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
I got caught out on the connectors a while back. The ones on RS from ages ago are dremelled out and were faked.

Ah - I see

Thanks both, I need to finish off a Palitoy R2 so will stop looking for mythical parts

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:
I thought the Palitoy R2 also had slightly different connectors on the legs, but could be wrong on that.

Thanks andy, sound like I have to do some more research, let me know if you learn something more :D

Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate for the info, is it then only R2 there is different and the base + the crane and stickers ?

The small parts to build with are they also different ?

Sorry, sounds like you hope it will be the next item for toy of the week :D

Sorry Andy, but I believe you are wrong on that. The connectors are the same, as are all of the actual droid plastic parts of the two playsets. The differences are solely in the bases, stickers, cranes and boxes. The R2's only become different due to the stickers that you apply to them.

I will say that the blue paint on my particular Palitoy R2 dome is a darker shade than my Kenner one, but without a larger sample size of both playsets' R2's I wouldn't like to say that it's an actual variation. I suspect it's not a bona fide paint variation and may simply be due to a slightly greater / lesser paint application during manufacturing, and or perhaps some fading in the intervening decades, but I am happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong.

In the meantime, here are some close-up comparison photos of the two droids and how the dome attaches :):

Thanks mate for all the great info :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom