ebays fixed

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
is it just me this happens to.If I see some thing going at a steal if I wait to bid price always goes high .if I forget bout end of auction it always sell for peanuts

Grant

Sith Lord
EBay sucks... It's full of shill bidding cunts with the occasional good deal here and there. Shame coz it used to be great for buying and selling.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah this kind of thing has happened to me. If I'm watching several figures, maybe a couple of mint loose, a few baggies and a couple of cut out bubble figures. When I bid they seem to shoot up to 30.. 40.. quid or more, if I totally forget about them or I'm out or something I'll see the next day they went for 15 or 20 quid!?? You think, I would have paid 17.50 for that but if you'd have bid would it have gone loads higher? Strange. ****ers bidding on their own stuff, sucking people in :evil:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm not even sure if it is Shill bidding some of the times as it almost seems like as soon as you bid on something suddenly other people become interested in it, maybe they feel they're missing out on something?

Also I wonder if an item has an highish starting price on it if people interested in it are hoping that no one will bid on it and the seller will reduce the starting price next time around. I placed a pretty high bid on something the other day after it had no interest for days and straight away someone else bid on it. there bid was 15 pence lower than my maximum and a few hors later I won it. It was almost like they knew what my maximum bid was! I'm not even sure I even want it now and although i only paid about a fiver more than my starting bid I'm still annoyed by it as I feel the other person didn't really want it either :lol:

I do feel I'm almost at the end with ebay and might change back to do things the old way by going to toy fairs ect and hunting out things. I know you don't get the same range as on ebay but there's nothing I really want that desperately any more and it might be a more fun way of getting things.

Ian

Grant

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I'm not even sure if it is Shill bidding some of the times as it almost seems like as soon as you bid on something suddenly other people become interested in it, maybe they feel they're missing out on something?

Also I wonder if an item has an highish starting price on it if people interested in it are hoping that no one will bid on it and the seller will reduce the starting price next time around. I placed a pretty high bid on something the other day after it had no interest for days and straight away someone else bid on it. there bid was 15 pence lower than my maximum and a few hors later I won it. It was almost like they knew what my maximum bid was! I'm not even sure I even want it now and although i only paid about a fiver more than my starting bid I'm still annoyed by it as I feel the other person didn't really want it either :lol:

I do feel I'm almost at the end with ebay and might change back to do things the old way by going to toy fairs ect and hunting out things. I know you don't get the same range as on ebay but there's nothing I really want that desperately any more and it might be a more fun way of getting things.

Ian

You could be on to something regarding not so much the shill bidding part. It's there tho in some auctions. However I try and steer well clear of auctions and try and just hit the buy it nows for stuff priced at sensible prices. Well I used to as it's been along time since Iv purchased anything SW from Evil Bay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom