Edd's Vintage Loose Collection

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As you may remember, a couple of months ago I found a few of my childhood figures at my parents house. This great discovery rekindled my interest in loose figures, and I've since been trying to put together a loose set. I haven't had a loose set for years as I've focused on MOCs, but I've really enjoyed putting this set together.

My approach has been different from most - rather than buying complete figures, the first thing I did was check my box of beaters, as I have hundreds. To my surprise a good 50 or so of them were perfectly nice enough to be worth having in a loose collection, having had hundreds of MOCs over the years I know there's no such thing as C10 figures anyway. So I set out on the daunting task of sourcing weapons for them all, and although it hasn't been easy or cheap, it has cost a fraction of buying complete figures, and has been really satisfying to complete these figures that have been sitting unloved in a box for years! I wanted to disprove the myth that collecting is now too expensive. So nearly all of what you see below are "beaters", I have only bought about 10 complete figures and a couple of upgrades. Almost all of it has come from here and Facebook, I have only bought a couple of things from eBay. And needless to say, no repros :)

I'd like to thank a few people from here who have helped me with weapons, accessories, and figures - itfciain, DarthStanley, Mr-shifter, and starshipriot. I've also had some help from a few Facebook people too who aren't members here. Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated!

So here's where I am so far, from Star Wars to Jedi. I have a couple of POTF figures but will wait til I have a few more before doing a photo. As you can see there are still some I'm missing and I'd like to upgrade a few, but I'll add more photos as and when I fill in the gaps.

star-wars.jpg

empire.jpg

jedi.jpg

potf.jpg

kieatky

Jedi Master
A loose collection is a thing of beauty, you can have all the Moc's in the world but if you can't handle the figures it takes away the reason these things were created, to be played with (or at least put in a display cabinet to be occasionally handled) :D

Kayor

Padawan
They look great man, stunning pictures!
Nothing can beat completing your own figures step by step, and upgrading a few on the way...

Great job!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Great news Ed and those figures look minty................ did you ever play with them ?? :lol:

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Looking the goods Edd,are any of your childhood figures included in the set or are you keeping them separate?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
BlueDog said:
Looking the goods Edd,are any of your childhood figures included in the set or are you keeping them separate?

No I've kept them separate to avoid getting them mixed up!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Good idea but on the other hand you're never too old to write your initials on their feet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom