Edd's Vintage Star Wars Video Games

captainhancock

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
captainhancock said:
wonder what the best Star Wars game is?

For me, it was lucasarts x wing series on the PC. Particularly the tie fighter games. I for one would love an up to date version of this.

Always wanted to play that but had no pc in the 90's. I wonder if there's a way to run it on current versions of windows?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
captainhancock said:
Always wanted to play that but had no pc in the 90's. I wonder if there's a way to run it on current versions of windows?

http://www.dosbox.com/

:D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've been meaning to take some new photos for a while, so here goes. A couple of group shots plus individual shots as there's so many now it's impossible to see any detail in the group shot! :lol:

starwars-1.jpg

starwars-2.jpg

starwars-3.jpg

starwars-4.jpg

starwars-5.jpg

starwars-6.jpg

starwars-7.jpg

starwars-8.jpg

starwars-9.jpg

starwars-10.jpg

starwars-11.jpg

starwars-12.jpg

starwars-13.jpg

starwars-14.jpg

starwars-15.jpg

starwars-16.jpg

I'll add descriptions when I have a bit more time.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Wow amazing collection Edd. Did not know you had so many allready. Ashrams you could not pick the game the last time in ebay.

Ps, i just checked mine and i believe i have a SNES version of box that you don't have.
Yours has white text (dutch/french) under the JVC logo, mine doesn't has that.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Stargeezer said:
Ps, i just checked mine and i believe i have a SNES version of box that you don't have.
Yours has white text (dutch/french) under the JVC logo, mine doesn't has that.

That's right, yours is the Bandai release. I haven't picked one up because you can get them sealed, so I've been holding out for a sealed one (although have admittedly only ever seen one for sale before, missed it!) Most of the European ones never came sealed, so I have just tried to pick those up in nice condition.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Added a real grail piece today, finally found a PAL Shadows of the Empire:

sote-pal.jpg

According to a knowledgeable source there are only 2 of these known (including this one) so I didn't think I'd ever get one :)

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
JuniorChubb said:
captainhancock said:
wonder what the best Star Wars game is?

I have loved loads of SW games over the years, Super Star Wars, ROTJ, Rogue Swuadron etc etc I would go with the first Battlefront myself...

I always regret not playing Jedi Outcast though, I think it was available on the GameCube too.
I love this!
My brother had a Game Gear Never Saw this before tho!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finally added another important one today, it doesn't look like much but the PAL Sega Game Gear version of ROTJ is incredibly hard to find and pretty expensive.

jedi.jpg

Grant

Sith Lord
Ed, I love this run, congrats on what you've managed to achieve so far. You know where to bring the N64 stuff and the Game Cube stuff and the Box Flats if you ever get out of collecting this stuff.

Best,

Grant.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Some of those really take me back. I remember playing the super star wars games at a friends when I was a kid in the 90s. They seemed so difficult. First game that properly blew me away was rebel assault II for the ps1, I'd never seen a game with live action cutscenes. Makes me want to replay that now!!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
A very grateful addition today, first print sealed version of Star Wars for the Game Boy. This is the first one I've seen in several years of looking.

swgb.jpg

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Sweet Focus there Edd, I like runs that are out of the ordinary.

Plus like Grant you cant beat a good go on the N64 and Game cube , I Still have both.

Cheers

Vince

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom