ESB Palitoy MOCs - scale of rarity

maxf

Jedi Master
80s_collector said:
Well, if a certain collector I know had come and said hi at celebration on Friday, there were 4 ungraded first 12 30bks under our table waiting to be collected.
I was planning to show him them in the flesh then the uncertainty would stop...!
But he never came..!

Was that certain collector me?

80s_collector

Padawan
maxf said:
80s_collector said:
Well, if a certain collector I know had come and said hi at celebration on Friday, there were 4 ungraded first 12 30bks under our table waiting to be collected.
I was planning to show him them in the flesh then the uncertainty would stop...!
But he never came..!

Yes mate that was you, your famous hahaha, nevermind, I wanted to show you that they do exist and let you see them in the flesh.....I thought it would back up everything I've told you...!
Another time hey... :D

maxf

Jedi Master
80s_collector said:
maxf said:
80s_collector said:
But he never came..!

Yes mate that was you, your famous hahaha, nevermind, I wanted to show you that they do exist and let you see them in the flesh.....I thought it would back up everything I've told you...!

It's just that I would have thought you'd have mentioned them when we were texting over the weekend (Friday and Sunday from memory), rather than posting on a forum that they were there waiting for me to see afterwards? I did say in one of our texts that I'd tried to speak to you on the Friday but your stall was about 5 deep and you were very busy, so I didn't - so it's not like I blanked you!

Anyway, another time. If you have more and want to show them to me, I'd love to see them and lay this to rest. I'll even buy you lunch for your time.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:
maxf said:
80s_collector said:
But he never came..!

All you are doing is trolling this thread. I have super rare cards that I'm not going to share with the little people. Your attitude sucks.

Jason

80s_collector

Padawan
maxf said:
80s_collector said:
maxf said:

It's just that I would have thought you'd have mentioned them when we were texting over the weekend (Friday and Sunday from memory), rather than posting on a forum that they were there waiting for me to see afterwards? I did say in one of our texts that I'd tried to speak to you on the Friday but your stall was about 5 deep and you were very busy, so I didn't - so it's not like I blanked you!

Anyway, another time. If you have more and want to show them to me, I'd love to see them and lay this to rest. I'll even buy you lunch for your time.

No worries mate, when you texted me on the Friday late afternoon, my client had taken them already so I didnt see the point in mentioning them. No worries I will be abroard in the near future and yeah lunch would be good, and this time if I do have any of the first 12 left I promise all you guys I will put some pics up on here.....until then...good hunting... :D

80s_collector

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:
80s_collector said:
maxf said:

All you are doing is trolling this thread. I have super rare cards that I'm not going to share with the little people. Your attitude sucks.

Jason

Jason, its not like that at all, so please lets put a close to this one, you dont even know me so please dont comment on my attitude.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:
mr_palitoy said:
80s_collector said:

Jason

Jason, its not like that at all, so please lets put a close to this one, you dont even know me so please dont comment on my attitude.

So you are only allowed to comment on peoples attitude on forum posts if you have met them in real life now? When did that become a thing?

My point is that you have spent a lot of time and effort teasing people in this thread about rare cards, and defending you right to do so. How about contributing something to the hobby/community. The subject is of this thread is rarity of Palitoy MOCs. Do you you know anyone with any rare cards that would like to comment....?

Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:
maxf said:
80s_collector said:

No worries mate, when you texted me on the Friday late afternoon, my client had taken them already so I didnt see the point in mentioning them. No worries I will be abroard in the near future and yeah lunch would be good, and this time if I do have any of the first 12 left I promise all you guys I will put some pics up on here.....until then...good hunting... :D

That's all we've ever asked for!!! I won't hold my breath though. I'd love nothing more than you prove us doubters wrong, but all the evidence suggests otherwise. :roll:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Come on Ian lay ur cards on the table-literally :lol: :lol:

All banter aside we would love to c these 30 back MOCs, we really would :!:

80s_collector

Padawan
As I mentioned to Max on the above post and also a potential client who contacted me on here today, when Im next abroard I will look through my items and if I have any left, I promise to upload some pics for you all......Im not keeping you hanging, Im not promising anything, Im not trolling......just watch this space over the next few months, I plan a trip in September but it could be delayed until January or February.....but trust me I will do my best looking for some...!

I gather you all only want to see pics of the first 12, not the other characters.....?

Sorry I couldnt give you pics of the ones I've sold as I didn't take pictures of any of them, but if Im lucky enough to ever deliver to my clients house instead of a hotel, I will ask him if its possible to get some pics of these ones...!

Thats the best I can offer.......Phew what a product... :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Try and keep it civil please chaps, appreciate the frustrations on both sides but no need to argue about it.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:
As I mentioned to Max on the above post and also a potential client who contacted me on here today, when Im next abroard I will look through my items and if I have any left, I promise to upload some pics for you all......Im not keeping you hanging, Im not promising anything, Im not trolling......just watch this space over the next few months, I plan a trip in September but it could be delayed until January or February.....but trust me I will do my best looking for some...!

I gather you all only want to see pics of the first 12, not the other characters.....?

Sorry I couldnt give you pics of the ones I've sold as I didn't take pictures of any of them, but if Im lucky enough to ever deliver to my clients house instead of a hotel, I will ask him if its possible to get some pics of these ones...!

Thats the best I can offer.......Phew what a product... :D

Well that will b great 8) I personally am never tired of seeing any 30 backs or any vintage MOCs for that matter so feel free to post away 8)

I personally own 20 factory sealed 30 backs(only 1 SW character) and am always happy to go to my collection room at my parents to c them :)

Hope u manage to find some :wink:

jimmyshoes

Youngling
mr_palitoy said:
So you are only allowed to comment on peoples attitude on forum posts if you have met them in real life now? When did that become a thing?

My point is that you have spent a lot of time and effort teasing people in this thread about rare cards, and defending you right to do so. How about contributing something to the hobby/community. The subject is of this thread is rarity of Palitoy MOCs. Do you you know anyone with any rare cards that would like to comment....?

Jason

Hi Jason,

Maybe a dumb newbie question, but have you ever asked Jim Stevenson or Jason Joiner what 30 backs they have? Surely if anyone is likely to have previously unconfirmed cards it would be those two?

Cheers

JS

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well I can tell you Jim Stevenson has no 30 backs as he sold up some years ago. As far as I know Jim didn't have any 12 back characters on 30 back.

No idea on Mr Joiner.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Quite pleased with how this turned out. This is the uber rare palitoy 30b Leia cardback with partially attached bubble that was badly squashed to one side, cracked in several places and missing the top off the bubble.

The first picture is off the ebay sale.

s-l1600_zpsi6vcfsuc.jpg

I've straightened it out and cut a bubble to fit over the top of the existing bubble, keeping it in place and intact. I've added and original vintage blue footer and a minty leia and blaster to make the reseal in the second picture.

P1180566_zpsz3wuawar.jpg

The third picture is it along side my existing resealed 30b ben.

P1180567_zpsvyrcv1b6.jpg

And the last picture is it in my cabinet of reseals. All large palitoy logos now on the bottom row. Hurrah!

P1180571_zpsjdsbn97m.jpg

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom