Euro 2021 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
No, no. Apparently Southgate has said "A semi final would be a disappointing out come." :roll:

The draw is a bit weird, given 3rd place gets through, but at this stage it's far too early to say anything. Get out of your group and see who you play. England got a great draw in the last WC, it was basically a bye to the semi final. Get the same this time and you're laughing. Alternatively, I think you could end up with France or Germany in round two. Neither of them are push overs.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
France, Germany or Portugal I think and will probably be the end of England's Euros. Actually think Portugal have a better squad than last time. The worst two third placed teams go out as well, surprised they don't have a bloody play off or something for the worst 4 3rd placed teams.

If you finish 3rd in the group do you go into the Europa League next season? lol

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
France, Germany or Portugal I think and will probably be the end of England's Euros. Actually think Portugal have a better squad than last time. The worst two third placed teams go out as well, surprised they don't have a bloody play off or something for the worst 4 3rd placed teams.

If you finish 3rd in the group do you go into the Europa League next season? lol

Don't joke FFS

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thank god Erickson is ok, just shocking watching that. Amazing work by the medical staff. Just shocking all this.

lejackal

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Thank god Erickson is ok, just shocking watching that. Amazing work by the medical staff. Just shocking all this.

Yeah, glad he's apparently okay. Both Surprised and not surprised that UEFA have continued the game. What would be grounds for a postponement?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
theforceuk said:

Yeah, glad he's apparently okay. Both Surprised and not surprised that UEFA have continued the game. What would be grounds for a postponement?

Yeah not sure, certainly a player dieing on the pitch would make it impossible to play the game.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Well they say he's recovering and doing well, fingers crossed for him that everything goes alright. But what a good job the medical staff done and the players building a wall beetween them. Still a horrible moment and one that'll be a talking point for some time.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
lejackal said:
theforceuk said:

Yeah not sure, certainly a player dieing on the pitch would make it impossible to play the game.

Apparently the players were asked and they wanted to continue. Not a chance in hell I would have wanted to, or been able to.
You've just seen yer mate have CPR in the middle of a game. Not sure playing on would be anywhere near the top of my list of things to do.

Glad to hear he seems to be doing well in hospital.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
How's everyone enjoying the Euros then? I'm pretty pleased with the entertainment so far, Italy look like they're up for it and could go all the way IMO. France will take some stopping. Looking forward to England v Scotland. I feel a bit for Denmark, not sure they would have lost to Finland in normal times.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Really looking forward to the game tonight, England should be too strong for Scotland. Who knows though!

Anyone collecting the stickers? Have a load of swaps if anyone is!!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
How's everyone enjoying the Euros then? I'm pretty pleased with the entertainment so far, Italy look like they're up for it and could go all the way IMO. France will take some stopping. Looking forward to England v Scotland. I feel a bit for Denmark, not sure they would have lost to Finland in normal times.

Not seen much of them TBH, the games are normally on the background but two kids and a small flat mean I barely get to see any of it.

Fingers crossed for a nice 8-0 Scotland win tonight! :wink: :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just so poor from England, the quality in that team is clear, full of Man City and Chelsea players and they can't even produce more shots on target than Scotland. Absolute joke and if we don't get past the last 16 Southgate should be sacked. Not that it will make any difference as the FA will just get another yes man in. If that was a Premier League game it would be Man City v Brighton, what a joke England are.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
It was poor, but I think he set it up to be a bit cautious. Anyway that was our toughest game out the way. From here on its plain sailing guys 😃. The talent is obvious in the squad but I feel he's still trying to find his best team and who plays with who. Anyway we dident lose last night and bring on the Czechs and then hopefully Germany in the next round, slightly easier grudge match 😂. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🍺

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Well that was a yawn fest :lol:

Yup. Far from a classic. A draw suited both sides though cos of the daft 3rd place getting through so zero incentive for either team to risk it by pushing on.

One thing that has occurred to me is how well VAR has worked so far. In the PL there seems to be a shocker every other game, but so far in the Euros they have used it brilliantly. Quick decisions and more importantly CORRECT decisions. Bar a stupidly soft pen given to Czech Republic against Croatia/Lovern (how can you jump without using your arms?) every decision has been spot on. The PL refs should be watching and learning. But we all know they won't, and next season we will be back to shocker after shocker.
It's ALMOST as if PL refs are ****…..

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I saw the replay of that penalty decision, I couldn't work out who had fouled who! Shocker.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
I actually thought it was strange giving it to, the only reason I could think of was his arms were above his own head .

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yup, but how do you jump without using your arms for leverage!?

Ps, well done Wales. VERY harsh red, was a yellow for me, but great effort to get through. I heard they probably play Russia or Finland in the second round. That's as close to a "bye" as you are going to get in the Euro's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom